Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a good contract that's the point that is worrying. Like I completely understand the players that have left for money they are just disloyal but he left for a better system to actually quite a uncompetitive offer and well off market value

it wasn't that far lower. here are the reported offers for Coates:

Storm 425k per year
Broncos 500k per year
Titans 550k per year

It's not a good contract that's the point that is worrying. Like I completely understand the players that have left for money they are just disloyal but he left for a better system to actually quite a uncompetitive offer and well off market value
Its supposedly $850K over 2 years, which is $425K a year. Its pretty competitive.
His value could shoot up after playing at the Storm.

Nicho Hynes to FB, Isaako to the wing, Cobbo to the centre, Reynolds at half. Let Tessi Niu, MILF contracts expire. Not too shabby.

Nicho Hynes to FB, Isaako to the wing, Cobbo to the centre, Reynolds at half. Let Tessi Niu, MILF contracts expire. Not too shabby.
I agree with hynes to FB and Isaako to the wing but i don't believe we should put Cobbo centre also Niu is young I wouldn't jump the gun and throw him away. If we are after a centre I reckon Opacic or Hoeter

Promote Cobbo at first opportunity and drop Coates. If you don't wanna be here long term play ISC and be depth incase one of the other guys who want to be here gets hurt.

Cobbo isn't up to NRL yet. He hasn't even had an off-season. He's running ok for Wynnum but he is not going to just rely on that in NRL. At the moment he bring the ball back makes ground and scores a few tries out the back of an undefeated team. He has Scarlett putting it where he wants it and running the show.

He's not getting any of those luxuries at Brisbane, he'd have to make his own ground, his own play and physically it'd be a nightmare.

He's not in the 30 or a development deal so he can't play unless you promote him.

So....are we actually going to sign anyone? Or do we just believe we will?

Geez I'm salty this weekend. Sorry lads. Losing to the bogans, losing Coates just as he's getting good and getting texts from Roosters mates rubbing it in has got to me 🤣🤣

Not as sold on Hynes as most on here seem to be. Work rate seems low to me. We need a fullback who gets his hands on the ball just about every set. Also doesn't have elite speed. His playmaking is really good. But if we've learnt anything from the Croft situation, it's don't judge a player on their performances for Melbourne. I wouldn't be against signing him. But we'd need to be careful with the size of the contract. For me he hasn't proven anything yet.

Not as sold on Hynes as most on here seem to be. Work rate seems low to me. We need a fullback who gets his hands on the ball just about every set. Also doesn't have elite speed. His playmaking is really good. But if we've learnt anything from the Croft situation, it's don't judge a player on their performances for Melbourne. I wouldn't be against signing him. But we'd need to be careful with the size of the contract. For me he hasn't proven anything yet.

I'd personally be going for Hammer.

I'd personally be going for Hammer.
Here's a crazy idea. Paps is off contract next year. Make a serious play at him. Offer him minimum 1 million a year. No way Storm can have him, Grant, Hughes and Munster on close to 1 million each. Then at least if they have to pay up for him there'll be less money left for Grant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.