Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
relax, Rothfield doesn't even believe it is 800k a year for 4 years.

Brent Read saying while Reynolds has asked for a 4th year, our offer remains for 3 years only
Thats good. 3 x 800K is probably still overs but that is what we probably have to do

Should go after Finucane if we are shifting Lodge. Need a mature forward leader and he's off contract, Cows are chasing him apparently.

So the media have gone from "Reynolds doesn't want to leave Sydney" to "It is understood that lure of settling in South East QLD with his young family in a life after football is as big of an incentive as the financial rewards"

So the media have gone from "Reynolds doesn't want to leave Sydney" to "It is understood that lure of settling in South East QLD with his young family in a life after football is as big of an incentive as the financial rewards"

Gotta pivot the angle to save face now that Cronulla are looking shaky

Brent Read in the Australian is saying we only offered three years as well despite him asking for four.
I’m assuming that’s three years of PO’s after the initial term we offered?

We probably played hardball on the initial term too, and even though he only wanted a four year deal, we wouldn’t budge on an initial five year term.

Should go after Finucane if we are shifting Lodge. Need a mature forward leader and he's off contract, Cows are chasing him apparently.
Cows can have him I reckon.. he's Mclean 2.0 at a similar cost.

Just not sure he would work for our squad with the price he'd be after... if he were at the back end of his career and looking for a cheap veteran deal whilst still be an NRL standard player, like a Tolman/Tamou sort of deal, then it would be worthwhile, but he's probably after $600k, which is too much cap when we are trying to overhaul the spine.

Cows can have him I reckon.. he's Mclean 2.0 at a similar cost.

Just not sure he would work for our squad with the price he'd be after... if he were at the back end of his career and looking for a cheap veteran deal whilst still be an NRL standard player, like a Tolman/Tamou sort of deal, then it would be worthwhile, but he's probably after $600k, which is too much cap when we are trying to overhaul the spine.
He's also very likely to be Adam Blair v2.0 - leaves the melbourne system then has one good game in 3, usually when the team is already on the front foot or the game is beyond over.

Kevin Proctor should be the poster boy for what happens to players who leave the Melbourne system

He is awful at the Titans, probably on a big salary too

JDB found not guilty on one of 6 charges today - jury unable to reach a verdict (for the second time) on the remaining 5 charges.

The DPP has until 28 May to make a decision on whether to re-try the case, but their own mandates dictate that a third trial after the first 2 have no outcome will only be initiated under 'exceptional circumstances' - which likely only means if new evidence comes to light. Futhermore, the one not guilty verdict makes it unlikely that the DPP opts to re-try.

This would see the charges against De Bellin dropped and he would be free to return to rugby league.

Now before people go getting upset, I will remind everyone about the presumption of INNOCENCE which underpins our judicial system. IF the charges against JDB are dropped then he will be an INNOCENT player - despite the uninformed opinions of any one here who were not present in the courtroom as all evidence was presented. If 12 jurours couldn't find him guilty TWICE having known all the facts and evidence, then I don't know how anyone else is able to call him guilty or not.

So talking purely from a football perspective, IF the charges were dropped and JDB returned to playing, its not unlikely that Dragons might want a clean break and would be looking to move him for cheap. Could be a very good pickup.

JDB found not guilty on one of 6 charges today - jury unable to reach a verdict (for the second time) on the remaining 5 charges.

The DPP has until 28 May to make a decision on whether to re-try the case, but their own mandates dictate that a third trial after the first 2 have no outcome will only be initiated under 'exceptional circumstances' - which likely only means if new evidence comes to light. Futhermore, the one not guilty verdict makes it unlikely that the DPP opts to re-try.

This would see the charges against De Bellin dropped and he would be free to return to rugby league.

Now before people go getting upset, I will remind everyone about the presumption of INNOCENCE which underpins our judicial system. IF the charges against JDB are dropped then he will be an INNOCENT player - despite the uninformed opinions of any one here who were not present in the courtroom as all evidence was presented. If 12 jurours couldn't find him guilty TWICE having known all the facts and evidence, then I don't know how anyone else is able to call him guilty or not.

So talking purely from a football perspective, IF the charges were dropped and JDB returned to playing, its not unlikely that Dragons might want a clean break and would be looking to move him for cheap. Could be a very good pickup.
Dragons have supported him this whole time and I think they’ve even kept his spot.

I live in Parramatta once, absolute hole.

It's probably a better lifestyle out in the areas of Bondi and Coogee to be fair but it wouldn't be cheap either
I’ve had some great pub crawls in Sydney and the public transport is so much better than Brisbane. But I’m pretty happy to leave after a few days/week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • GCBRONCO
  • Santa
  • Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  • Volvo Driver
  • Midean
  • lynx000
  • kiwibronco
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosarethebest
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.