Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dragons have supported him this whole time and I think they’ve even kept his spot.

I agree the most likely outcome is Dragons take him back, but the fact that the charges were dropped (rather than JDB being acquitted) could leave the impression in the mind of a lot of the uninformed that he's not actually NOT GUILTY, just that it 'couldn't be proven' ... would likely create a lot more negative sentiment around his return to playing than a 'not guilty' verdict would have. The Dragons at least have a decision to make on it.

It would be interesting to know what the jury split was, but that we'll ever find out.

JDB found not guilty on one of 6 charges today - jury unable to reach a verdict (for the second time) on the remaining 5 charges.

The DPP has until 28 May to make a decision on whether to re-try the case, but their own mandates dictate that a third trial after the first 2 have no outcome will only be initiated under 'exceptional circumstances' - which likely only means if new evidence comes to light. Futhermore, the one not guilty verdict makes it unlikely that the DPP opts to re-try.

This would see the charges against De Bellin dropped and he would be free to return to rugby league.

Now before people go getting upset, I will remind everyone about the presumption of INNOCENCE which underpins our judicial system. IF the charges against JDB are dropped then he will be an INNOCENT player - despite the uninformed opinions of any one here who were not present in the courtroom as all evidence was presented. If 12 jurours couldn't find him guilty TWICE having known all the facts and evidence, then I don't know how anyone else is able to call him guilty or not.

So talking purely from a football perspective, IF the charges were dropped and JDB returned to playing, its not unlikely that Dragons might want a clean break and would be looking to move him for cheap. Could be a very good pickup.

we don't need him

I’ve had some great pub crawls in Sydney and the public transport is so much better than Brisbane. But I’m pretty happy to leave after a few days/week.
I stayed in a manshack in Hunters Hill for a couple years and it was nice. Love visiting but certainly wouldn't live there.

JDB found not guilty on one of 6 charges today - jury unable to reach a verdict (for the second time) on the remaining 5 charges.

The DPP has until 28 May to make a decision on whether to re-try the case, but their own mandates dictate that a third trial after the first 2 have no outcome will only be initiated under 'exceptional circumstances' - which likely only means if new evidence comes to light. Futhermore, the one not guilty verdict makes it unlikely that the DPP opts to re-try.

This would see the charges against De Bellin dropped and he would be free to return to rugby league.

Now before people go getting upset, I will remind everyone about the presumption of INNOCENCE which underpins our judicial system. IF the charges against JDB are dropped then he will be an INNOCENT player - despite the uninformed opinions of any one here who were not present in the courtroom as all evidence was presented. If 12 jurours couldn't find him guilty TWICE having known all the facts and evidence, then I don't know how anyone else is able to call him guilty or not.

So talking purely from a football perspective, IF the charges were dropped and JDB returned to playing, its not unlikely that Dragons might want a clean break and would be looking to move him for cheap. Could be a very good pickup.
Never. Ever.

Never. Ever.
Step Brothers Yep GIF by reactionseditor

I'm gonna come out and say it. I don't think Hynes is that good.

He's the prototypical Storm system player, plays his role perfectly, solid all-around skills, not excellent in any department. Take him out of that system and throw him in our rabble and I'd argue he'll look worse than Isaako has.

It's got Brodie Croft written all over it.

Hynes is the same age as Isaako, and I'd argue Isaako has much higher upside with his speed / footwork.

difference is with croft and hynes is, storm aren't looking to let him go, you could always tell signing croft wasn't a good idea, if he was on the outer with the storm you'd think that's a fairly good indication that Melbourne one the top clubs don't rate him. I dont think Melbourne want to let hynes go, just unfortunate he's behind a gun FB

He's the prototypical Storm system player, plays his role perfectly, solid all-around skills, not excellent in any department. Take him out of that system and throw him in our rabble and I'd argue he'll look worse than Isaako has.

Hynes is the same age as Isaako, and I'd argue Isaako has much higher upside with his speed / footwork.

Yep I agree.

I tend to agree... I think he's a slightly lesser version of Drinkwater. He just fits into the storm system because that's the way they play.

They want to keep him, because he's cheap as **** and can slot into fullback if there's any injuries. I think he can also slot into 6 if they needed him.

If Isaako gets 1v1 coaching from Billy Slater he'd probably become elite... I say Billy, because he clearly understands the defensive requirements of a fullback and he was excellent under the high ball. He was also an excellent support player and had some ball skills, but I'd put that down to the storm system and his fitness.

We have Boyd at the club who was also regarded as a good defensive fullback; however I'd say we probably conceded more kicks behind the line than any team in the comp when he was fullback. He can definitely teach Isaako some things, and I hope that he is, but when to float in and out of the defensive line doesn't seem to be one of them... and that is one of our biggest issues. I do hope that Boyd is teaching him about communicating with and organising the defensive line, and positioning for kicks (when he's not in the line)... because he was regarded as one of the best fullbacks for that.

I'm on the fence, he's definitely not athletically gifted like some of the fullbacks running around but neither is Gutherson. He follows the ball alot and has a good passing game, at this point I think he would be a upgrade on Isaako.

Honestly I think anyone we put there will be a stop gap until Herbie gets a run.

I tend to agree... I think he's a slightly lesser version of Drinkwater. He just fits into the storm system because that's the way they play.

They want to keep him, because he's cheap as **** and can slot into fullback if there's any injuries. I think he can also slot into 6 if they needed him.

If Isaako gets 1v1 coaching from Billy Slater he'd probably become elite... I say Billy, because he clearly understands the defensive requirements of a fullback and he was excellent under the high ball. He was also an excellent support player and had some ball skills, but I'd put that down to the storm system and his fitness.

We have Boyd at the club who was also regarded as a good defensive fullback; however I'd say we probably conceded more kicks behind the line than any team in the comp when he was fullback. He can definitely teach Isaako some things, and I hope that he is, but when to float in and out of the defensive line doesn't seem to be one of them... and that is one of our biggest issues. I do hope that Boyd is teaching him about communicating with and organising the defensive line, and positioning for kicks (when he's not in the line)... because he was regarded as one of the best fullbacks for that.

We also have a bloke on our board who should be at training helping him too because he went alright at fullback, unfortunately he seems a bit clueless if he isn't playing in the team.

Bellamy confirmed on 360 that B.Smith has requested a release but will only get one if the Storm get a player in return.

I know there are issues with Bellamy but...what about...Lodge for B.Smith?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Jedhead
  • Dash
  • Strop
  • eggstar10
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fatboy
  • Lurker
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.