Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a crazy idea. Paps is off contract next year. Make a serious play at him. Offer him minimum 1 million a year. No way Storm can have him, Grant, Hughes and Munster on close to 1 million each. Then at least if they have to pay up for him there'll be less money left for Grant.
I agree go hard for both Grant and Pappy. Even if it just makes them pay more. I don't like the sound of Reynolds johnson and Gagai in the 9news report. Only Johnson on 2 year deal is worth doing with Milford going

I agree go hard for both Grant and Pappy. Even if it just makes them pay more. I don't like the sound of Reynolds johnson and Gagai in the 9news report. Only Johnson on 2 year deal is worth doing with Milford going

It is Dobbo, don't worry, it won't happen.

Here's a crazy idea. Paps is off contract next year. Make a serious play at him. Offer him minimum 1 million a year. No way Storm can have him, Grant, Hughes and Munster on close to 1 million each. Then at least if they have to pay up for him there'll be less money left for Grant.
Story like a week ago that Paps is about to extend two years. Of course no club is seriously chasing him. Why recruit from the top teams when you can raid the wooden spooners.

This carries a Rothfield warning but he says Cronulla are about to blow their Reynolds deal because they won’t go over 750K in year one and less in years two and three. This compares to our 800K over four.

The salary figures posted on the NRL General Discussion Thread - 2021 by @Big Pete while believable are very depressing. Not sure how we afford Reynolds let alone any others.

The salary figures posted on the NRL General Discussion Thread - 2021 by @Big Pete while believable are very depressing. Not sure how we afford Reynolds let alone any others.

Bear in mind though, there will be kids coming in on low deals still plus some journeymen to pad out the squad. There is definitely enough for three decent players plus 1 marquee.

This carries a Rothfield warning but he says Cronulla are about to blow their Reynolds deal because they won’t go over 750K in year one and less in years two and three. This compares to our 800K over four.

Smart offer from Cronulla Tbf. Hopefully it means we stick to our original offer.

i'm guessing that the original reporting didn't suit Rothfield's bias against us and in favour of the Sharks

Edit: you guys will get a kick out of this one Rothfield says we are "poised to offer $3.2 million over 4 years" and this quote links to the Badel article in the same publication saying we are offering $2.8 million over 4 years :rofl

Your so lucky I have to many warnings otherwise I’d be calling you some very distasteful words right now. Like are you deadset being serious. Whilst we are at it let’s sign Nathan Cleary, Cameron munster and Taumalolo too, you know what why not let’s sign Jonathon Thurston to comeback just because. I knew you would say something stupid like this from your nicho Hynes post before

Cobbo isn't up to NRL yet. He hasn't even had an off-season. He's running ok for Wynnum but he is not going to just rely on that in NRL. At the moment he bring the ball back makes ground and scores a few tries out the back of an undefeated team. He has Scarlett putting it where he wants it and running the show.

He's not getting any of those luxuries at Brisbane, he'd have to make his own ground, his own play and physically it'd be a nightmare.

He's not in the 30 or a development deal so he can't play unless you promote him.
Just curious to hear your perspective on how you think we played out Walsh, Dearden, Coates and Staggs situations. Did we butcher any?

Your so lucky I have to many warnings otherwise I’d be calling you some very distasteful words right now. Like are you deadset being serious. Whilst we are at it let’s sign Nathan Cleary, Cameron munster and Taumalolo too, you know what why not let’s sign Jonathon Thurston to comeback just because. I knew you would say something stupid like this from your nicho Hynes post before
Ok. Thanks for letting me know your view

800K over 4 is a bad deal. Boyd like. I would avoid Reynolds for more than 2 years due to age but has unlikely to sign on those terms. 4 years is silly 3 is passable

800K over 4 is a bad deal. Boyd like. I would avoid Reynolds for more than 2 years due to age but has unlikely to sign on those terms. 4 years is silly 3 is passable

relax, Rothfield doesn't even believe it is 800k a year for 4 years.

Brent Read saying while Reynolds has asked for a 4th year, our offer remains for 3 years only

These are all good options for the right price but we need to target spine players first.

Dearden for Reynolds
Coates for Hynes
Milford for B. Smith
Glenn for Capewell
Lodge for Dunamis Lui
Kennar, Te’o, Palasia, Copley, Asiata, Mead and Levi for Gagai

Pipe dream stuff, but it should be who we are targeting if the team wasn’t run by idiots

These are all good options for the right price but we need to target spine players first.

Dearden for Reynolds
Coates for Hynes
Milford for B. Smith
Glenn for Capewell
Lodge for Dunamis Lui
Kennar, Te’o, Palasia, Copley, Asiata, Mead and Levi for Gagai

Pipe dream stuff, but it should be who we are targeting if the team wasn’t run by idiots

Lodge for Lui? I'd rather just keep Lodge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Wendall Taylor
  • GCBRONCO
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Justwin
  • Santa
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Midean
  • Manlyman
  • Lostboy
  • Swordfish
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • phoenix
  • The Don
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.