Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Let's compare the pair... It should be noted the Sharks have 16 players off contract, including; Kennedy
SJ, Moylan, Toby Rudolf, Chambers (won't be re-signed), Dugan (unlikely to be re-signed), Tolman, Woods, Nene Macdonald, Magoulias... in other words I'd say there's a fair amount of uncertainty around who's actually going to be in the sharks best 17

1​
?? William Kennedy (currently off contract)Jamayne Isaako
2​
Sione KatoaCorey Oates
3​
??Herbie Farnworth
4​
Jesse RamienKotoni Staggs
5​
Ronaldo Mulitalo?? Selwyn Cobbo
6​
?? Matt Moylan (currently off contract)?? Anthony Milford (currently off contract)
7​
ReynoldsReynolds
8​
Braden Hamln-UeleMatt Lodge
9​
Cameron McInnes*Jake Turpin
10​
Andrew FifitaPayne Haas
11​
Briton NikoraJordan Riki
12​
Wade GrahamTPJ
13​
?? Toby Rudolf (currently off contract)Patrick Carrigan
14​
Blayke Brailey?? Paix
15​
Jack WilliamsTom Flegler
16​
Royce HuntRhys Kennedy (currently off contract)
17​
Siosifa TalakaiEthan Bullemor

My combined team below... I've got 10 broncos to sharks 6, but there's some 50/50 calls in there.

1. Isaako (Personal opinion... I think Isaako is much closer to being a good fullback compared to Kennedy)
2. Oates
3. Herbie
4. Staggs
5. Mulitalo
6. Moylan (slightly better version of Milf, but both are well below decent)
7. Reynolds
8. Lodge
9. McInnes
10. Haas
11. Nikora (I don't really rate Nikora all that much, but Riki hasn't really established himself as yet and Piakura hasn't played first grade yet)
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan (personal opinion... probably a 50/50 split to be honest, but I think Carrigan has a quicker play the ball and has become a staple of our forward pack)

14. Brailey
15. Flegler
16. Kennedy (but really neither option is all that much of a selling point... could be argued that Bull takes the second middle forward spot (instead of Kennedy) and Piakura as the bench second rower, but he hasn't debuted yet)
17. Talakai
What a reply wow. I agree with all of it the Moylan vs milf is an extremely tough one but personally I’d go with milf only because of his boot, it’s still a coin flip though.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Let's compare the pair... It should be noted the Sharks have 16 players off contract, including; Kennedy
SJ, Moylan, Toby Rudolf, Chambers (won't be re-signed), Dugan (unlikely to be re-signed), Tolman, Woods, Nene Macdonald, Magoulias... in other words I'd say there's a fair amount of uncertainty around who's actually going to be in the sharks best 17

1​
2​
Sione KatoaCorey Oates
3​
??Herbie Farnworth
4​
5​
6​
?? Matt Moylan (currently off contract)?? Anthony Milford (currently off contract)
7​
ReynoldsReynolds
8​
9​
10​
Andrew FifitaPayne Haas
11​
Briton NikoraJordan Riki
12​
Wade GrahamTPJ
13​
14​
Blayke Brailey?? Paix
15​
Jack WilliamsTom Flegler
16​
17​

My combined team below... I've got 10 broncos to sharks 6, but there's some 50/50 calls in there.

1. Isaako (Personal opinion... I think Isaako is much closer to being a good fullback compared to Kennedy)
2. Oates
3. Herbie
4. Staggs
5. Mulitalo
7. Reynolds
8. Lodge
9. McInnes
10. Haas
11. Nikora (I don't really rate Nikora all that much, but Riki hasn't really established himself as yet and Piakura hasn't played first grade yet)
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan (personal opinion... probably a 50/50 split to be honest, but I think Carrigan has a quicker play the ball and has become a staple of our forward pack)

14. Brailey
15. Flegler
16. Kennedy (but really neither option is all that much of a selling point... could be argued that Bull takes the second middle forward spot (instead of Kennedy) and Piakura as the bench second rower, but he hasn't debuted yet)
17. Talakai
A double team list, side-by-side comparison that goes on to spawn a single, combined team list?!?

Someone check on @Sproj. It’s likely he’s passed out from all the blood rushing to one single part of his body.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
A double team list, side-by-side comparison that goes on to spawn a single, combined team list?!?

Someone check on @Sproj. It’s likely he’s passed out from all the blood rushing to one single part of his body.
E4BF02F5 2BD9 4214 9CD8 89FB299B609E

As we cross over to @Sproj

simplythebest

simplythebest

NRL Player
May 22, 2014

1​
2​
Sione KatoaCorey Oates
3​
??Herbie Farnworth
4​
5​
6​
7​
ReynoldsReynolds
8​
9​
10​
Andrew FifitaPayne Haas
11​
Briton NikoraJordan Riki
12​
Wade GrahamTPJ
13​
14​
Blayke Brailey?? Paix
15​
Jack WilliamsTom Flegler
16​
17​

2. Oates
3. Herbie
4. Staggs
5. Mulitalo
7. Reynolds
8. Lodge
9. McInnes
10. Haas
12. TPJ

14. Brailey
15. Flegler
17. Talakai
How do you leave Wade Graham out of a combined team?

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
I'm gonna come out and say it. I don't think Hynes is that good.

He's the prototypical Storm system player, plays his role perfectly, solid all-around skills, not excellent in any department. Take him out of that system and throw him in our rabble and I'd argue he'll look worse than Isaako has.

It's got Brodie Croft written all over it.

Hynes is the same age as Isaako, and I'd argue Isaako has much higher upside with his speed / footwork.
I am of the opinion that a successful team generally needs at least two players capable of ball playing in the spine. If you look at the top teams, they have this.

If reports are to be believed our future spine would line up:
1. Isaako (runner, that does need even have basic support play).
6. Staggs (runner)
7. Reynolds (organiser, decent ball play)
9. Turpin (doesnt really excel in any area other than effort).

That spine creates very little for outside backs and is mainly dependent on tackle breaks to score (which teams with good defensive structures do not provide regularly).

Hynes/dufty are realistic and affordable options that provide support play and that ability to ball play and can do those sweeping plays with cut out passes to wingers that were our bread and butter in past years. Are either elite or even long term options, perhaps not but i think they (or similar type of player) would provide a better balance for our spine and team.

Regarding hynes being a benefactor of being in the storm structures, it is true he looks better in a storm team than a struggling team but he has also demonstrated his skills and that he is more than capable in ISC (even when he was the cutters playing in the halves). Yes papenhuyzen is better (and someone i suggested in 2018 when we were still running boyd) and we should make papenhuyzen an offer, even if only to make melbourne pay more.

If we were to get hodgson then you could probably run isaako at one (if he improves his support play and urgency at the back) because we would have another ball player in the spine.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
How do you leave Wade Graham out of a combined team?
He's now injury prone (has barely played in the last 3yrs) and I was comparing number to number so it was Graham vs TPJ.

Wasn't doing a combined best 17... but even if it was he just takes Nikora's spot and it's still the same split of Broncos to Sharks

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Cronulla upped their offer on Reynolds to be 50k above ours, that is what they were saying last night on NRL 360

Cronulla need him just as desperately as we do

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I just can't see us actually signing Reynolds. He is exactly what we need but is also exactly what Cronulla need so I can't see why he would leave Sydney when surely he can get the same offer from Cronulla.

I know the talk is that we are now the favourites but I just can't see us being able to land this which is a real shame because that one signing would completely change the team both in terms of play and the ability to attract other players. Signing him would have us back in the 8 next year and competing for the 4 regularly again by the year after, he is that important IMO.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
I just can't see us actually signing Reynolds. He is exactly what we need but is also exactly what Cronulla need so I can't see why he would leave Sydney when surely he can get the same offer from Cronulla.

I know the talk is that we are now the favourites but I just can't see us being able to land this which is a real shame because that one signing would completely change the team both in terms of play and the ability to attract other players. Signing him would have us back in the 8 next year and competing for the 4 regularly again by the year after, he is that important IMO.

The only thing in our favor right now is that Cronulla are getting spanked every week, they even got done by the Bulldogs a few weeks back and I know they won a comp more recently than we did but Cronulla is a team that has historically struggled.

He can at least see that the guys are putting in for Kevvie, who knows what they'll do under Fitzgibbon, just because a coach comes through the right systems doesn't mean he will be a great coach. Adam O'Brien is case and point on that.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
The only thing in our favor right now is that Cronulla are getting spanked every week, they even got done by the Bulldogs a few weeks back and I know they won a comp more recently than we did but Cronulla is a team that has historically struggled.

He can at least see that the guys are putting in for Kevvie, who knows what they'll do under Fitzgibbon, just because a coach comes through the right systems doesn't mean he will be a great coach. Adam O'Brien is case and point on that.
It's funny that 2 trash coaches that come from great systems are now both at the Knights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Jedhead
  • Fozz
  • Fatboy
  • Strop
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.