Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bellamy confirmed on 360 that B.Smith has requested a release but will only get one if the Storm get a player in return.

I know there are issues with Bellamy but...what about...Lodge for B.Smith?

Yep, I'd be down for that

Bellamy confirmed on 360 that B.Smith has requested a release but will only get one if the Storm get a player in return.

Uh.. isn't the answer obvious here?

Let Coates go (A person who's already signed with Melbourne), sign Cheese long-term.

Profit?

We also have a bloke on our board who should be at training helping him too because he went alright at fullback, unfortunately he seems a bit clueless if he isn't playing in the team.
I think the defensive requirements of the fullback nowadays is too different to the fullback requirements back when Lockyer was playing

Lockyer was also a completely different fullback to Isaako... if Walsh had stayed I think Lockyer being a mentor for him should've been a selling point.

Walsh is a smaller fullback, that likes to ball play and has what appears to be a decent left foot kick. He also competes for everything.

Lockyer could've taught him a whole fucking lot associated with that style of fullback play and also how to be a leader and finisher on the field.

Pretty sure Lodge picked a fight with Bellamy... soooo there's probably that going against it 👍 👍

Have to be titans or dogs I reckon

Have to be titans or dogs I reckon
Dogs have absolutely no one of worth to trade to storm.

They should say to the storm who the **** do you want, because you can have them for BSmith... If they can't make a trade they will have to fight it out with the rest of the comp for his signature in 2023

Titans have some players of worth, but they probably don't want to give them up and will look to fight it out with everyone else in 2023... hell titans may not be able to afford BSmith's salary.

Everyone is probably hoping that BSmith's manager will be able to push harder over the next off season for a release without a trade in 2022.

Hooper reporting that the Sharks have upped the ante for Reynolds and have increased their offer to $2.45 million over 3 years (ours is $2.4 million over 3 years).

so effectively the Sharks have increased their offer by 50k over 3 years or $16.6k per year :rofl

Hooper reporting that the Sharks have upped the ante for Reynolds and have increased their offer to $2.45 million over 3 years (ours is $2.4 million over 3 years).

so effectively the Sharks have increased their offer by 50k over 3 years or $16.6k per year :rofl
Surely Reynolds can see with our forward pack and our backs we have an actual shot at being pretty decent with some of his much needed direction.

I agree the most likely outcome is Dragons take him back, but the fact that the charges were dropped (rather than JDB being acquitted) could leave the impression in the mind of a lot of the uninformed that he's not actually NOT GUILTY, just that it 'couldn't be proven' ... would likely create a lot more negative sentiment around his return to playing than a 'not guilty' verdict would have. The Dragons at least have a decision to make on it.
Not guilty is more or less the same thing as not proven. It's either guilty or not guilty. He couldn't be found innocent. Besides, even if he was found not guilty on all charges, you can be sure there'd be lots of people who'd still believe he was guilty.

I'm gonna come out and say it. I don't think Hynes is that good.

He's the prototypical Storm system player, plays his role perfectly, solid all-around skills, not excellent in any department. Take him out of that system and throw him in our rabble and I'd argue he'll look worse than Isaako has.

It's got Brodie Croft written all over it.

Hynes is the same age as Isaako, and I'd argue Isaako has much higher upside with his speed / footwork.
Yeah, I’m not sold on him either, but it depends on what he would cost, he would be a handy utility player to have if he didn’t work out at fb, good backup at fb & 5/8. If only we weren’t already committed to the coaches son...

Wonder if they’d take Paix or Hetherington for Smith?

Not that I am convinced Smith is who we need.

not really news though ... hopefully we can get the benefits of Souths stupidity
I think Souths really don't have a choice and their stance is purely financial. Covid etc and perhaps contracts might be forcing their hand. It doesn't seem to make sense unless we consider it as a financial problem.

I think we should flip the narrative on chasing Hynes. In general it's believed he's gettable because they have Paps. But I think Paps is equally as gettable because they have Hynes. And as I said in an earlier post, at some stage cap pressures will force their hand if they're forced to compete with a big offer.

Hynes could be signed long term by Storm for probably half the cost of Paps, and they wouldn't be significantly worse off for it. Paps is a far better player, but when you've got Munster, Hughes and Grant running the show, Hynes is more than fine as a fullback option. As we've seen over the last few weeks. If the Bronco's were in this position(stop laughing), I'd be all for keeping Hynes over Paps and having an extra 500k or so for another position, or to fight off any offer for Grant.

Put 1 million on the table for Paps as a starting offer and see where it leads us.

I think we should flip the narrative on chasing Hynes. In general it's believed he's gettable because they have Paps. But I think Paps is equally as gettable because they have Hynes. And as I said in an earlier post, at some stage cap pressures will force their hand if they're forced to compete with a big offer.

Hynes could be signed long term by Storm for probably half the cost of Paps, and they wouldn't be significantly worse off for it. Paps is a far better player, but when you've got Munster, Hughes and Grant running the show, Hynes is more than fine as a fullback option. As we've seen over the last few weeks. If the Bronco's were in this position(stop laughing), I'd be all for keeping Hynes over Paps and having an extra 500k or so for another position, or to fight off any offer for Grant.

Put 1 million on the table for Paps as a starting offer and see where it leads us.
We should definitely chase both just to make sure Melbourne pay more, whether we have any chance or not. In a salary cap environment, it's the absolute logical thing to do. Make other teams pay more so they have less to spend elsewhere.

Surely Reynolds can see with our forward pack and our backs we have an actual shot at being pretty decent with some of his much needed direction.
Let's compare the pair... It should be noted the Sharks have 16 players off contract, including; Kennedy
SJ, Moylan, Toby Rudolf, Chambers (won't be re-signed), Dugan (unlikely to be re-signed), Tolman, Woods, Nene Macdonald, Magoulias... in other words I'd say there's a fair amount of uncertainty around who's actually going to be in the sharks best 17

1​
?? William Kennedy (currently off contract)Jamayne Isaako
2​
Sione KatoaCorey Oates
3​
??Herbie Farnworth
4​
Jesse RamienKotoni Staggs
5​
Ronaldo Mulitalo?? Selwyn Cobbo
6​
?? Matt Moylan (currently off contract)?? Anthony Milford (currently off contract)
7​
ReynoldsReynolds
8​
Braden Hamln-UeleMatt Lodge
9​
Cameron McInnes*Jake Turpin
10​
Andrew FifitaPayne Haas
11​
Briton NikoraJordan Riki
12​
Wade GrahamTPJ
13​
?? Toby Rudolf (currently off contract)Patrick Carrigan
14​
Blayke Brailey?? Paix
15​
Jack WilliamsTom Flegler
16​
Royce HuntRhys Kennedy (currently off contract)
17​
Siosifa TalakaiEthan Bullemor

My combined team below... I've got 10 broncos to sharks 6, but there's some 50/50 calls in there.

1. Isaako (Personal opinion... I think Isaako is much closer to being a good fullback compared to Kennedy)
2. Oates
3. Herbie
4. Staggs
5. Mulitalo
6. Moylan (slightly better version of Milf, but both are well below decent)
7. Reynolds
8. Lodge
9. McInnes
10. Haas
11. Nikora (I don't really rate Nikora all that much, but Riki hasn't really established himself as yet and Piakura hasn't played first grade yet)
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan (personal opinion... probably a 50/50 split to be honest, but I think Carrigan has a quicker play the ball and has become a staple of our forward pack)

14. Brailey
15. Flegler
16. Kennedy (but really neither option is all that much of a selling point... could be argued that Bull takes the second middle forward spot (instead of Kennedy) and Piakura as the bench second rower, but he hasn't debuted yet)
17. Talakai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Sproj
  • Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fitzy
  • Allo
  • Jedhead
  • Lostboy
  • Painin the Haas
  • Foordy
  • Locky24
  • Harry Sack
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • Cavalo
  • mrtij
  • Hurrijo
  • Bronx48
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.