Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any truth to the rumor of cook asking for a release?
He did say he only came to the club because of Reynolds but I doubt it given he's signed long term and Rabbitohs don't have any ready made replacements.

E798DE43 47A8 4ED1 9E06 82A3163237A7

I know I have less credibility than Badel, but I’ve heard a couple of “rumours” one being Lodge to Penrith next week to free up cap space for Gagai..... make what you will of that and the other “rumours” include:

The inside word is Sua is locked in. Milford to the titans. Billy Walters is 4 weeks away from coming to the broncs. They won’t get capewell. Panthers won’t let him go apparently.

If Brad Thorn doesn't want him, neither do I. Hard pass thanks.

Love you Thornie!!
This is something I can understand. Thorn is a legend. That said I'd want to have all the facts before me and have had a chance to question Vuli before going to 'hard pass'. Still, if Thotny said yuk it'd carry plenty of weight.

I know I have less credibility than Badel, but I’ve heard a couple of “rumours” one being Lodge to Penrith next week to free up cap space for Gagai..... make what you will of that and the other “rumours” include:

The inside word is Sua is locked in. Milford to the titans. Billy Walters is 4 weeks away from coming to the broncs. They won’t get capewell. Panthers won’t let him go apparently.

Look we know nothing about you and you could be making all of this up. Therefore you are easily as credible as Badel.

I saw a headline about Dogs wanting Gsmble but it was pay walled.

I saw a headline about Dogs wanting Gsmble but it was pay walled.
Both the Bulldogs and Storm have submitted offers to Tyson Gamble. Bulldogs want him in case young Flannagan continues shitting the bed and to partner Burton, and Storm want him as backup for Munster and Hughes in the halves.

Both the Bulldogs and Storm have submitted offers to Tyson Gamble. Bulldogs want him in case young Flannagan continues shitting the bed and to partner Burton, and Storm want him as backup for Munster and Hughes in the halves.
....they can both jump; Gamble is a very useful part of our roster.

Im confident he can turn into a ball playing 13 for us. Either as a starter or from the bench.

But much like Lee, we need those 7/10 consistent NRL professionals thoughout this squad.

I would be really happy if no-one else leaves now.

Do we really need Sua? Sure he is good however not sure why we seem to be chasing him so hard and I can't see him coming cheap. Give me Capewell over Sua.
Also, I wasn't all that keen on going for Hodgson however, with Reynolds at 7, Hodgson & Turps could work well in the 9 role. I'd prob start with Hodgson and bring Turps on when their middles start to get tired.
I hope we extend Gamble on a cheap contract. He has proven to be more suited to this side then Croft & Dearden. In fact, I wouldn't be against pairing him in the halves with Reynolds.
I hope we start to experiment with this side later this year, for next - once we are out of wooden spoon contention. Give Herbs a shot at FB, Isaako on the wing. Give Staggs his shot at 6 etc.

Do we really need Sua? Sure he is good however not sure why we seem to be chasing him so hard and I can't see him coming cheap. Give me Capewell over Sua.
Also, I wasn't all that keen on going for Hodgson however, with Reynolds at 7, Hodgson & Turps could work well in the 9 role. I'd prob start with Hodgson and bring Turps on when their middles start to get tired.
I hope we extend Gamble on a cheap contract. He has proven to be more suited to this side then Croft & Dearden. In fact, I wouldn't be against pairing him in the halves with Reynolds.
I hope we start to experiment with this side later this year, for next - once we are out of wooden spoon contention. Give Herbs a shot at FB, Isaako on the wing. Give Staggs his shot at 6 etc.

Su’A apparently wants to go back to Brisbane

If that is the case, I hope we get good value out of him. Just because he wants to come to Brisbane doesn't mean we must sign him.
We should have higher priorities then Sua however, if he wants to come on the cheap, I'm alright with that, 300-400k would be nice.

Does he act as a shield in defence for Reynolds? A bit like Carroll did for Alfie?

If so, then i can see the logic in being linked with him...

If that is the case, I hope we get good value out of him. Just because he wants to come to Brisbane doesn't mean we must sign him.
We should have higher priorities then Sua however, if he wants to come on the cheap, I'm alright with that, 300-400k would be nice.
The fact that Finucane is apparently available means he wouldnt be my 1st choice.

I rate Sua lower than Finucane...not that this means he is shit.....

Former Broncos winger Chris Walker, the uncle of Roosters prodigy Sam, has blamed former coach Anthony Seibold over Brisbane’s inability to secure the services of the Tri-colours No.7.

The 18-year-old future superstar has dominated like a veteran playmaker in his first six games of first grade and this week signed a two-year extension to remain with the Roosters until the end of 2023.

The cunning halfback, who is the son of former Broncos halfback and Chris’ brother Ben was on a development deal at Brisbane, but chose to join the Roosters back in 2019.
“Unfortunately, for the great club that is the Brisbane Broncos, it’s true,” Walker told SEN.

“That came from Anthony Seibold, that they didn’t want Ben and Kylie (Sam’s parents) to be there.
“You probably have to ask Seibold, I’ve got my thoughts on it,” (Chris) Walker said.

“My first thought was that they were trying to pressure him into signing, that’s what I felt when I heard it.

“It was really sad, I go for the Broncos, I love the club, and it’s sad to see what they’re going through at the moment.

“They could have had Sam as a 10-to-15-year player.”

Seibold is yet to respond to or comment on the allegations.

- Fox Sports

FFS !!!!

....they can both jump; Gamble is a very useful part of our roster.

Yeah.............. the Storm can fark right off, you find somebody half decent, give them some game time and they are up your asshole trying to farken steal them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.