Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mum-the-meatloaf

Mum-the-meatloaf

QCup Player
Dec 6, 2019
If staggs is actually on the reported 700K, do we need to give him a season at 6 before considering switching back to centre if it doesn't work?

I'd like to see him at 6 this year.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
With Reynolds at halfback we could literally put anyone we want at 6

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If staggs is actually on the reported 700K, do we need to give him a season at 6 before considering switching back to centre if it doesn't work?

if he's getting first shot at 6 next year, then as soon as he returns that's where i'd play him. get a head start on his transition (and nearly half a season to determine if it is worth persisting with)

Mum-the-meatloaf

Mum-the-meatloaf

QCup Player
Dec 6, 2019
if he's getting first shot at 6 next year, then as soon as he returns that's where i'd play him. get a head start on his transition (and nearly half a season to determine if it is worth persisting with)
Yup, fail early.

Or with some luck (which we couldn't buy at a luck sale) he will transition really well.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Would like hynes at 6 and 'milford' at 1 for next year and go hard at either grant or cheese for 2023
Could live wit isaako at 1 and milford on the wing

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
People so starved of good halves at this club that they think Adam Reynolds is Johnathan Thurston.

He's got the kicking game of Thurston or any other superstar halfback we've seen, what I meant is it allows Kevvie room to swap and change his 5/8's around until he finds one he likes

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018

Kevvie will give him four weeks tops.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Would like hynes at 6 and 'milford' at 1 for next year and go hard at either grant or cheese for 2023
Could live wit isaako at 1 and milford on the wing
Milford's never playing for Brisbane again.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
He's got the kicking game of Thurston or any other superstar halfback we've seen, what I meant is it allows Kevvie room to swap and change his 5/8's around until he finds one he likes
Kicking game sure, but few of the other attributes.

I’m very happy to have him but am also realistic of his limitations. He doesn’t set up the tries at south’s and rarely has. It’s all Walker, this season it’s Benji, Walker, and Mitchell.

If we put him next to a half that can’t create points, we will have all the pressure in the world and no one the capitalise on it.

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
Kicking game sure, but few of the other attributes.

I’m very happy to have him but am also realistic of his limitations. He doesn’t set up the tries at south’s and rarely has. It’s all Walker, this season it’s Benji, Walker, and Mitchell.

If we put him next to a half that can’t create points, we will have all the pressure in the world and no one the capitalise on it.
Conversely, if our forwards get us in good position the pressure is off Reynolds. He can earn a set restart. Start them in the corner & Staggs can run the ball or (if we get) Hynes he can chime in with some ball playing.
The key will be getting a hooker who can add some spark, not just be a one out passer like Turpin. Hopefully Paix gets some more game time towards the end of the season or Hetherington can overtake Turpin to give us more attacking options.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Courier Mail (Badel) reporting that Milford's career at the club is all but over and he won't be offered a new contract for 2022
Well, I hope he gets him to stay away altogether. I mean I personally wouldn't want him hanging around bagging me for dropping him (were I the coach)

Sure, have a break up party at the seasons end and turn it on for him, after all he's been here a long time. I don't think many of us expected the club to offer him anything and we were correct to think that. In some respects he was as big a flop as Bird. I won't miss his contributions. By the way, has anyone ever heard him speak? I can't remember if I have, honestly I cannot recall if I have or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Scdeac
  • Culhwch
  • Big Del
  • Johnny92
  • BroncosAlways
  • levikaden
  • broncoscope
  • Broncosarethebest
  • BRC088
  • bazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.