Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
I think seeing as there is a lack of quality hookers on the market for next year, and its seems Staggs is going to get the 6 jersey, i'd like us to invest in a few solid players. Capewell or Sua ( probably not both if we are keeping TPJ on an edge ) are a must. Hynes is a tricky one for me. I dont rate Isaako, but he hasnt been super bad, but i doubt we have the luxury to wait and see if Hynes is available. I'd also go for another center tbh even if we sign Lee so we can use Herbie on the wing. Pretty sure i know one who i thought wasn't gettable who actually might be gettable. I'd also like us to bring in a more experienced prop if possible. That would give us a side, if everything comes off, something like this

1 Hynes
2 Isaako
3 Mystery center
4 Lee
5 Farnworth
6 Staggs
7 Reynolds
8 Haas
9 Turpin
10 Lodge
11 Capewell
12 TPJ
13 Carrigan ( prefer him at prop, but i cant think of a lock )

14 Paix
15 Bullemor/Flegler/Kennedy
16 Riki
17 Experienced prop, havent got a clue who though!
I think Farnworth is a great centre would be going after a winger however if we snag gagai then that's what I'd be doing... also think we can stuff the experienced bench forward don't think anyone that's experienced and worth having would be a better bench option than flegler, Bullemor or kennedy

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
If Staggs can get a good passing game going and a solid bomb and short kicking game then he'll be fine at 6

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I think Farnworth is a great centre would be going after a winger however if we snag gagai then that's what I'd be doing... also think we can stuff the experienced bench forward don't think anyone that's experienced and worth having would be a better bench option than flegler, Bullemor or kennedy
I think he would get into open space more from the wing and he is a good ball runner. I dont think his defence is great in the centers. He is fine one on one, but like a lot of our blokes, they are just all over the place positionally. Dont think a Gagai type center is going to fix that up either tbh ( unless its the SOO version ) or provide good value for money.

As for the forwards, Bullemor hasnt done much yet, probably needs a bit more development. Kennedy is ok, Flegler makes way too many simple errors right now. Now i have thought about it for a while, i'd look at somebody like Mark Micholls or Issac Liu. Both experienced, both no fuss, low maintenance, just do their job and are strong defensively. We need some know how and players to help develop some of the younger forwards. They are about the only 2 that fit the bill that are off contract. Getting in players who dont have the stench of defeat embedded in their pores is going to be essential to help turn us around. Losing has become a habit we need to break.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
I think he would get into open space more from the wing and he is a good ball runner. I dont think his defence is great in the centers. He is fine one on one, but like a lot of our blokes, they are just all over the place positionally. Dont think a Gagai type center is going to fix that up either tbh ( unless its the SOO version ) or provide good value for money.

As for the forwards, Bullemor hasnt done much yet, probably needs a bit more development. Kennedy is ok, Flegler makes way too many simple errors right now. Now i have thought about it for a while, i'd look at somebody like Mark Micholls or Issac Liu. Both experienced, both no fuss, low maintenance, just do their job and are strong defensively. We need some know how and players to help develop some of the younger forwards. They are about the only 2 that fit the bill that are off contract. Getting in players who dont have the stench of defeat embedded in their pores is going to be essential to help turn us around. Losing has become a habit we need to break.
Don’t rate mark Nicholls but Liu is a good shout

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Don’t rate mark Nicholls but Liu is a good shout

He's not top tier, but neither are we. He is well regarded at Souths. I think we need a couple of blokes on one or two year deals just to help steady the ship. He doesnt make a lot of errors and just goes about his work. I think we need that. Liu is the same but probably a bit better. Its about getting this losing mentality out of the players. I said it the other day, we might have to swap out a player or two for a couple who can handle the Broncos pressure better than these younger guys who have been hung out to dry.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
He's not top tier, but neither are we. He is well regarded at Souths. I think we need a couple of blokes on one or two year deals just to help steady the ship. He doesnt make a lot of errors and just goes about his work. I think we need that. Liu is the same but probably a bit better. Its about getting this losing mentality out of the players. I said it the other day, we might have to swap out a player or two for a couple who can handle the Broncos pressure better than these younger guys who have been hung out to dry.
probably didn't word that properly, I don't rate him in the experience basket, yeah he isn't a bad player but you know he's played 90-ish games and really is only an old head... Whereas Liu has won 3 premierships got close to 200 games and has played for both New Zealand and Samoa

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
While i think Reynolds will be a huge help, our team is so beyond fucked a few signings isn't going to cut it. The good teams do well even when a good player or two go down. Our coach and coaching stuff, as well as the support staff and other people around the club all fucking suck.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
While i think Reynolds will be a huge help, our team is so beyond fucked a few signings isn't going to cut it. The good teams do well even when a good player or two go down. Our coach and coaching stuff, as well as the support staff and other people around the club all fucking suck.
If the signings are right our fittest side is good like really can you stand there and say that this side is incapable of being good
  1. Nicho Hynes
  2. ? (I think and hope Vunivalu but a lot are against that)
  3. Herbie Farnworth
  4. Brenko Lee
  5. Jamayne Isaako
  6. Kotoni Staggs
  7. Adam Reynolds
  8. Matt Lodge
  9. Jake Turpin
  10. Payne Haas
  11. Jordan Riki
  12. Tevita Pangai Jnr
  13. Pat Carrigan
  14. Tyson Gamble
  15. Tom Flegler
  16. Rhys Kennedy
  17. Ethan Bullemor

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
If the signings are right our fittest side is good like really can you stand there and say that this side is incapable of being good
  1. Nicho Hynes
  2. ? (I think and hope Vunivalu but a lot are against that)
  3. Herbie Farnworth
  4. Brenko Lee
  5. Jamayne Isaako
  6. Kotoni Staggs
  7. Adam Reynolds
  8. Matt Lodge
  9. Jake Turpin
  10. Payne Haas
  11. Jordan Riki
  12. Tevita Pangai Jnr
  13. Pat Carrigan
  14. Tyson Gamble
  15. Tom Flegler
  16. Rhys Kennedy
  17. Ethan Bullemor
Think oates will be the other wing,how long does he have to take up his PO?

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Think oates will be the other wing,how long does he have to take up his PO?
Just cause he takes up his PO doesn’t mean he deserves the spot... he’s mediocre and I believe we should take the chance to get a good winger... doesn’t necessarily have to be Vunivalu either

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
probably didn't word that properly, I don't rate him in the experience basket, yeah he isn't a bad player but you know he's played 90-ish games and really is only an old head... Whereas Liu has won 3 premierships got close to 200 games and has played for both New Zealand and Samoa

He is in a fairly successful system though. A couple of older heads wouldnt hurt us at all for the right money.

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Just cause he takes up his PO doesn’t mean he deserves the spot... he’s mediocre and I believe we should take the chance to get a good winger... doesn’t necessarily have to be Vunivalu either
I guess it would come down to how much vunivalu cost i dont think we have the luxury of a high priced winger playing and one in reserves.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
I guess it would come down to how much vunivalu cost i dont think we have the luxury of a high priced winger playing and one in reserves.
That’s true it does come to down to how much but in saying that I don’t think broncos have to pay him the same as an RA contract that’s just there problem if he leaves and remember he is unlikely to play for the wallabies as he can’t even start for the Reds so he might just be like get me out of here so I can go and be relevant and play a proper sport in the nrl... I think Rugby Australia would take that and run they shouldn’t be spending their limited money and marquee players on a winger really

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
That’s true it does come to down to how much but in saying that I don’t think broncos have to pay him the same as an RA contract that’s just there problem if he leaves and remember he is unlikely to play for the wallabies as he can’t even start for the Reds so he might just be like get me out of here so I can go and be relevant and play a proper sport in the nrl... I think Rugby Australia would take that and run they shouldn’t be spending their limited money and marquee players on a winger really
Do the nrl still decided what fair value if for contracts like that?
If we could get him cheap id be all for it but anything over 400-450k might be pushing it.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Do the nrl still decided what fair value if for contracts like that?
If we could get him cheap id be all for it but anything over 400-450k might be pushing it.

they do ... but it is doubtful they would force anyone to pay him more than 500k anyway

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
they do ... but it is doubtful they would force anyone to pay him more than 500k anyway
Well you technically have to say the benchmark is 500k cause that’s what addo care is on so no... so market price for Vunivalu would be 400k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncos Maestro
  • Waynesaurus
  • eggstar10
  • thenry
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.