6. Staggs
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
12. Pangai Jr

Backs: 'Milford', Isaako, Tass, Lee (still not official), Walters
Props/Locks: Flegler, Bullemor, Kennedy, Robati, Carrigan, 'Glenn'
Second-Row: Riki, Piakura

Unknowns: Niu, Gamble, Turpin, Lodge, Palasia, Asiata

On death row: Croft, Milford, Oates, Lodge possibly, Coates (purely because he won't be at the club), Dearden, Kennar, Mead, Copley, Levi

So this means we likely need:

10 (Depending on Lodge and Carrigan and where they stay / fit in.)
12. (Possibly depending what we do with Pangai)
13. (Depending what happens with Lodge and Carrigan)

Plus a bit of depth

So, I think we are likely looking at:

1x fullback
2x backs (1 more centre perhaps and/or 1 or 2 wingers most likely)
1x hooker
1x prop
2x second-row

With these spots above, who should we be aiming for?
I can't believe anyone on here thinks a decent prop playing every week is available for $120,000! I'd be amazed and extremely disappointed if big Rhys doesn't get at least two years and 300k pa at an absolute minimum.

F

Ffs...

NYC Player
Jul 10, 2010
The question is how good is Hynes vs how good does the rest of the team make him look. Playing in a resilient, confident team makes a big difference.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
where has Lockyer even commented on the potential Hynes signing?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I can't believe anyone on here thinks a decent prop playing every week is available for $120,000! I'd be amazed and extremely disappointed if big Rhys doesn't get at least two years and 300k pa at an absolute minimum.

I'm not sure what point you are making here? I likely forgot him for that post but yeah, he should be kept but this has already been replied to, he is signed up ALREADY for next year. He is on minimum wage. After next year, if he keeps this up, yep he will definitely get a pay rise and rightly so.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I'm not sure what point you are making here? I likely forgot him for that post but yeah, he should be kept but this has already been replied to, he is signed up ALREADY for next year. He is on minimum wage. After next year, if he keeps this up, yep he will definitely get a pay rise and rightly so.
Okay. Could you shoot me the complete list with all their wages. I didn't know he was only getting a lousy 120k. I mean, I don't have to tackle monsters and have people criticize my every move and 120k wouldn't get me to go to work.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
My Broncos 2022 ( * = new signing off contract at current club)

1. Nicho Hynes*
2. Corey Oates
3. Herbie Farnworth
4. Kotoni Staggs (Don't think he's exactly ready to go straight into the 6 just yet)
5. Jamayne Isaako
6. Braydon Trindall* (Young QLD half that could partner Staggs in the halves in the future)
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Payne Haas
9. Matt Parcell* (Can emulate Damien Cook's game for Reynolds and is a former Bronco)
10. Leeson Ah Mau* (Experienced leader, swap with Lodge and Warriors pay most of the 800k salary)
11. Brendan Piakura
12. Tevita Pangai
13. Toby Rudolf* (Has worked hard to get where he is in his career, would be a good leader)
--------------------
14. Tyson Gamble
15. Ethan Bullemor
16. Thomas Flegler
17. Patrick Carrigan

Depth / Competition for spots

18. Aaron Pene* (Big powerful prop)
19. Darryn Schonig* (Young QLD forward that will develop and be in contention for Origin)
20. Cory Paix
21. Brenko Lee
22. etc etc etc

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I watched that bit from Locky ... and I didn't take it that we are gun shy about taking on another Storm player (we obviously talking to him, so that shows our interest), because he actually talked up Hynes a fair bit, before seemingly trying to temper expectations a bit.

besides, damn near all of us have said exactly what he said at some point over the last decade

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
My Broncos 2022 ( * = new signing off contract at current club)

18. Aaron Pene* (Big powerful prop)
19. Darryn Schonig* (Young QLD forward that will develop and be in contention for Origin)
Def need to get my eyes checked. Saw that as Pene and Schlong.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Badel reporting that our recruitment team will meet tomorrow to discuss tabling a formal offer to Hynes.

Kevvie says:

“I am meeting with the retention committee on Thursday and I dare say he (Hynes) is one guy whose name will come up,” Walters said. “He is a good player that’s for sure.

“He is offering the Storm a lot so he’s one guy we are looking at.”

Lockyer talks Hynes up:

“The history on him is he was a five-eighth in his younger days,” Lockyer told Channel 9.

“Speaking from a commentator’s perspective, I think he is a good fullback.

“That is important in an NRL team if you want to be one of the good fullbacks, having a pass and kick is important.

“There’s no doubt he’s got some talent and being in the Storm system, he’s learnt how to be disciplined. There are some good things to like about him.”

Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Badel reporting that our recruitment team will meet tomorrow to discuss tabling a formal offer to Hynes.

Kevvie says:

“I am meeting with the retention committee on Thursday and I dare say he (Hynes) is one guy whose name will come up,” Walters said. “He is a good player that’s for sure.

“He is offering the Storm a lot so he’s one guy we are looking at.”

Lockyer talks Hynes up:

“The history on him is he was a five-eighth in his younger days,” Lockyer told Channel 9.

“Speaking from a commentator’s perspective, I think he is a good fullback.

“That is important in an NRL team if you want to be one of the good fullbacks, having a pass and kick is important.

“There’s no doubt he’s got some talent and being in the Storm system, he’s learnt how to be disciplined. There are some good things to like about him.”
I hope we get him, but i don't trust a word Locky says.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
He might be the planned fullback, then 5/8 fallback plan to Staggs. Cobbo to come through in FB, Staggs back to 3/4 or even 13. I can’t see Staggs holding the position for more than half a season.
It depends how everyone around him plays... if we snag Hynes and our flanks are good we are really only relying on him to be a top 4 to premiership team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• KickHaas
  • Johnny92
  • Scdeac
  • mitch222
  • Culhwch
  • Big Del
  • BroncosAlways
  • levikaden
  • broncoscope
  • Broncosarethebest
  • BRC088
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.