Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
If the money is not crazy I would be happy with either Allan or Drinkwater at fullback, I don't think a 2 year investment on moderate money for either is that big of a risk considering where we are squad wise at the moment.

We are definitely freeing up cash for something otherwise why not just hang onto Bird and Joe, why be desperate enough to pay for them both to play elsewhere?

There is also no doubt in my mind we need to try and get Sua back here.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
If the money is not crazy I would be happy with either Allan or Drinkwater at fullback, I don't think a 2 year investment on moderate money for either is that big of a risk considering where we are squad wise at the moment.

We are definitely freeing up cash for something otherwise why not just hang onto Bird and Joe, why be desperate enough to pay for them both to play elsewhere?

There is also no doubt in my mind we need to try and get Sua back here.
Because they are stupid and bad at their jobs?

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
EDIT: Please don't screenshot news articles, link directly instead.

Deeerrrrppppp. Has this only just "hit them over the last few weeks"?

What a joke.

Attachments

• 1606448295722.png
    1606448295722.png
    415.6 KB · Views: 179
Last edited by a moderator:
Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
We should probably be looking to who's off contract in 2021 to sign for the 2022 season.

2021 off contract team of potential broncos signings for 2022

1. Jahrome Hughes
2. Nene McDonald
3. Enari Tuala
4. Dane Gagai
5. Isaac Lumelume
6. Sam Walker
7. Tanah Boyd
8. Dylan Napa
9. Jazz Tevaga
10. Francis Molo
11. Kurt Capewell
12. Jaydn Su'a
13. Darryn Schonig
17. Thomas Mikeale

I'd take a fair few of these guys..
Gagai, Walker, Su’A, Schonig, Talakai and Lui

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
As someone said earlier the NRL wouldn't register contracts - especially if they were back ended and knowingly going to push the squad well over the cap.

Surely we have 1.2 odd to play with this season. Unless we are trying to front load and top up current contracts to prevent future raids.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
As someone said earlier the NRL wouldn't register contracts - especially if they were back ended and knowingly going to push the squad well over the cap.

Surely we have 1.2 odd to play with this season. Unless we are trying to front load and top up current contracts to prevent future raids.

Both those options sound like a plan, so we are likely doing neither.

• Haha
Reactions: 007
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Allan doesn't do it for me... Not sure what you guys are seeing.
He benefitted from good halves play and structure at Souths at the back end of the season, and even then managed to look inexperienced and un-ready for first grade alot of the time in my opinion.
I don't rate Isaako particularly highly as a fullback, but I don't think Allan has shown anything Isaako hasn't.
A lot of this post is reasonable but Allen has shown a far batter ability to create attacking opportunities.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
How do we have a recruitment team with no potential recruitments ready to go? Is this why we buy last years scraps every pre season?

because as many of us have been saying ... it is slim picking in the market this year, even before Seibs was sacked. what we are likely doing is making room to have a serious run at the much better 2022 market

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
I still think Allan is getting a bit overhyped tbh. I saw him do a few things at fullback for the Rabbits in terms of his defensive efforts that Boyd got torn to shreds for on here. I wouldnt be offering him any more than $350k at the moment.

He does have a lot of good things in his game as well, I just dont think he has earned the right to a big contract just yet. We really need to get good value from our players by rewarding them when they achieve something, rather than just pay them based on potential.
I feel the same about Drinkwater.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
The Broncos would already know all of this.

They are playing the long game. They are making room in the cap and bringing in a few cheapies for depth so when better players do become available, we will have the funds to go after them instead of our cap still being in the same situation it's currently in.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008

They are playing the long game. They are making room in the cap and bringing in a few cheapies for depth so when better players do become available, we will have the funds to go after them instead of our cap still being in the same situation it's currently in.
It is a difficult balance though. We need to competitive next year otherwise we will need to overpay to get said stars for 2022, which potentially brings us to the same spot we're in now (too many players on big contracts that we can't shift unless we chip in).

The glory days are over. Kids aren't growing up wanting to be a Bronco. There are kids turning 15 next year that have never seen Brisbane win a title.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017

I could be wrong, but don’t all teams have to have 95% of the 2021 cap spent by EOFY 2021?

So in effect, we can’t have a war chest sitting there ready to spend, unless we get lucky and someone incredible becomes available before July ‘21 and takes up most of said war chest?

The True King

The True King

NRL Player
Apr 6, 2018
I feel the same about Drinkwater.
The difference is that Drinkwater can also play 5/8 and is pretty handy. He's worth more than 350k.

Allan on the wing is rubbish. At FB there are still question marks about his output when not in a quality spine.

If both were the same price I would be taking the punt on Drinkwater. There has to be a reason he was storm's 1st choice FB in pre-season last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Mustafur
  • bert_lifts
  • Financeguy
  • Organix
  • Allo
  • Battler
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.