Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not confident at all and never have been. This has always seemed like the media putting 2 and 2 together and getting 92.

It would be a real shame to have missed out on such a good deal if this is the case. The biggest thing about Hynes was that he would’ve been so cheap early on, so even if we do now sign him at his current market value we’ve really missed out on a huge opportunity to land a smart deal. He really could’ve been our version of a Gutherson type.

Ah well, you never know what a player is thinking and maybe he never wanted to go to Brisbane but if he didI think this is yet another bad call from the club. .

It would be a real shame to have missed out on such a good deal if this is the case. The biggest thing about Hynes was that he would’ve been so cheap early on, so even if we do now sign him at his current market value we’ve really missed out on a huge opportunity to land a smart deal. He really could’ve been our version of a Gutherson type.

Ah well, you never know what a player is thinking and maybe he never wanted to go to Brisbane but if he didI think this is yet another bad call from the club. .
To be fair he has stated he’s interested but he was interested cause nobody else is... however in my opinion out of the teams that need a starting spine player Us, Sharks, Dragons I reckon we’d be the best choice considering the Sharks are on the verge of being the worst team in the comp and the Dragons aren’t that attractive of a side and if he goes their it will be about a year until there throwing him away for Cody Ramsey

He already met with us hasn't he?

Might have already signed...

He already met with us hasn't he?

Might have already signed...
You sure... I dont know anything about him meeting with us... I know the broncos have discussed and possibly given a deal but I don’t know about signed

Truly spoken like someone who knows nothing about Hynes.
Err, what's the issue here? I said I don't know him and offered no opinion about him. Are you saying that if I'd seen him he would obviously be so many levels above Isaako? If that's what the snakey comment was for you could just say so or is it something else you have a beef about?

Values what they have yet was about in discussions to leave the club last week
Values what he has doesn't necessarily mean the same as WHERE he has that which he values. I meant he values what he has achieved, namely playing first grade. How the **** do you know what he was about to do ? If someone rang me and said I'd like to talk to you about the future and we'd be paying you this much to come and work for us what reason would I have to not listen to the offer? Does it mean I intend to go somewhere else? Ffs, that's such an immature attitude you have.

Err, what's the issue here? I said I don't know him and offered no opinion about him. Are you saying that if I'd seen him he would obviously be so many levels above Isaako? If that's what the snakey comment was for you could just say so or is it something else you have a beef about?
I more meant anyone who likes the values you listed in players would be a massive fan of Hynes. He ticks all those boxes.

but yes, i do think he’s many levels above Isaako, both in what he offers as a fullback and imo the character attributes you praised Isaako for possessing.

I look it like I would myself. 500k spread over 2 years you mismise you'd tax greatly.

500k - 1 year = 280k after tax
500k - 2 years = 362k

So he's actually 80k better off but more importantly he's got another year in the top 30 to hold a regular NRL spot and maybe secure a 3 year deal.

I don't know it's a tough one.
If he could stay in QLD I think he might move. The cost of living in Sydney is ridiculous and it might make him think about just seeing out his contract without the upheaval. Couple of the ex Broncos I know playing in Sydney have been surprised at how expensive it actually is to rent a place down there. I think that will put him off tbh.

The other thing that could work in his favour staying is this new expansion team mooted for 2023. I'd say it would be a no brainer to sign somebody like Oates.

You sure... I dont know anything about him meeting with us... I know the broncos have discussed and possibly given a deal but I don’t know about signed

Not sure at all, but there was a post about him being spotted at HQ, not sure if it was verified.

He probably wouldn't be in a rush to sign given he could use interest to push up offers, but it's possible.

Being honest here, I don't know a thing about Hynes and haven't seen him play ( I think) A lot have nice things to say about him so there's that...I know it'd be great to have whomever is considered the world's greatest fullback but I think a champion team beats a team of champions and for me Isaako is the kind I like, succeeding through hard graft and tempered by adversity. The sort who truly values what they have. I think there's heaps of improvement to come from the I.
You haven't watched Hynes play. Do you only watch Broncos games? This might explain the love of Isaako, as you haven't seen much of the other options.

So you don't want people with adversity, but the kind of guys who have worked hard and been through the tough stuff?

Maybe watch the story on Hynes that was on the Matty Johns show.

Newcastle fans be like "we'd rather take TPJ"

yes but you see you Newcastle inbreds, TPJ isn't someone we are willing to let go, that's how this whole thing works, you get a player at a cheaper rate on the basis that we can't afford to have him on our book at the salary he is on

Are you all really that confident we are going to sign Hynes now. Storm are desperate, Dragons are desperate and then theirs us who really if we were that desperate would have been pushing this deal to be done in the coming days before he is worth 600k for crying out loud
Hynes and his Manager aren't silly. They wanted to wait until there were potentially more buyers while he was playing first grade before doing any deal. He will sit back and weigh up his options regardless of the time frame we prefer.

I agree that Dufty is a sideways move from Isaako. I wouldn't love that move, would much prefer taking a flyer on Hynes.
Some due diligence reqd with Dufty. Gus said Dragons have been trying to offload him for 2 years and its not football related.

Apparently dragons have told Dufty to look elsewhere, hoping that doesn't mean they've jagged Hynes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncoFan94
  • Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • Robboi_321
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.