Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course Bellamy would say he is hopeful is keeping Hynes, what else is he going to say?

"Yeah nah, we won't be looking to retain him" .. as he runs out there and plays against the club that might be signing him in the future

I for one was also saddened that the Croft signing failed. He comes across as a good kid. He speaks well, is clean cut.
Very easy bloke to support.

He has been shit for us but seeing him cry last year after the Warriors game, he instantly had me on his side.

Better than Darius who got interviewed moments later and seemingly didn't give a single ****

The optics right now on losing Lodge arent good at all. Hes been a stand out in our forwards.

The angle of us trying to remove his 2 x PO though do make a lot of sense moving forward. Short term pain for long term gain..

However, Newcastle are really making a mess of their team currently; They are bringing Lodge in, already brought Frizell & still have the Saifiti brothers and Klemmer.

Are they trying to do a Broncos 2020 here?

They have no half back and THIS is how they go about rectifying it...?

Sorry, cant see the logic...

Be interesting to see what DD says about this once/if its announced...?

They have one of the best packs going around, the reason they aren't where they want to be has nothing to do with the quality of their forwards

I agree 100%, bloke busted his guts out every game, win or lose.

To this day i would take him over Milford every time.
Agreed, he left nothing on the field. Nearly a negative sometimes because he tried too hard. I still believe he will make it in the NRL whether it is with us or not.

- Lodge looks to be leaving (700k)
- Oates likely to look elsewhere (500k)
- Isaako possibly moving to tigers (350k)

Thats another ~$1.5m

Then we’ve got the already confirmed/likely:
- Milford $1m
- Macca $400k
- Bird $400k
- Glenn $250k
- Coates $250k
- Dearden $200k
- Ofahengaue $200k?

~ $2.5m

Total: $4m

signed:
Reynolds $750

upgrade:
- Staggs + $250k
- Piakura + $200k
- Riki + $200k

Total: $1.4m

Really we should have about $2.5m to replace 6 players.
(10 players above, 3 already moved on and replaced, Reynolds joining.)

edit: to get an idea of how many players will need to be starters and how many min wage, we can look at the remaining line up.

1. ???
2. ???
3. Farnworth
4. Lee
5.. ???
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds
8. Carrigan
9. Turpin
10 Haas
11. Riki/Piakura
12. TPJ
13. Flegler

Of the 7 incoming players from this amount, 3-5 will likely be starters. A fullback and 2 backline players. Likely an experienced forward. Possibly a hooker. Which leaves 2 depth/min wage signings ~ 300k

5 starters with $2.2m cap = $450k each.
I can pretty much guarantee Oatesy will be here to see out his contract unless anyone matches what he gets here one way or another.

I can pretty much guarantee Oatesy will be here to see out his contract unless anyone matches what he gets here one way or another.

You think he’d be happy to play in Q cup for a full season?

He won't get another contract here. If another club offers him 500k over 2 years you'd have to consider it if it could extend his career.

I don't understand the issue with Oates. Huge servant of the club, and he has been really good this year, everyone thought he was done as a player, yet he has come back and averaged over 150m per game with minimal errors.

Very strange.

You think he’d be happy to play in Q cup for a full season?
I wouldn't say happy to, but prepared to. It's not ideal for him, but at the same time he's going to look after his family financially. I think if he can get a deal where his salary stays the same, or he can get a more secure, longer term deal elsewhere then I'd say he will go. At the moment he has no offers on the table and I think he will be hard to move on, so my guess is he will be here until his contract runs out.

I wouldn't say happy to, but prepared to. It's not ideal for him, but at the same time he's going to look after his family financially. I think if he can get a deal where his salary stays the same, or he can get a more secure, longer term deal elsewhere then I'd say he will go. At the moment he has no offers on the table and I think he will be hard to move on, so my guess is he will be here until his contract runs out.

I have faith in Anthony Griffen.

He won't get another contract here. If another club offers him 500k over 2 years you'd have to consider it if it could extend his career.
I'm not sure he'd do it for a 2 year deal tbh. He always backs himself. I'm not sure any other club is offering him a 2 year deal at $500k a year if that's what you mean, and if you mean $500k over 2 years he'd probably stay here as that's what he is getting paid for next year anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Brocko
  • Broncorob
  • Mighty Bronx
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.