Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly we change every week and I send one out just about every week but from my views and understanding from today this would be the 21 we’d have next year:
  1. Nicho Hynes
  2. Selwyn Cobbo
  3. Herbie Farnworth
  4. Brenko Lee
  5. Jamayne Isaako
  6. Kotoni Staggs
  7. Adam Reynolds
  8. Pat Carrigan
  9. Jake Turpin
  10. Payne Haas
  11. Kurt Capewell
  12. Tevita Pangai Jnr
  13. John Asiata
  14. Kobe Hetherington
  15. Tom Flegler
  16. Ethan Bullemor
  17. Jordan Riki/ Brendan Piakura
18. Brendan Piakura/Jordan Riki
19. Rhys Kennedy
20. TC Robati
21. Tesi Niu

Agreed, he left nothing on the field. Nearly a negative sometimes because he tried too hard. I still believe he will make it in the NRL whether it is with us or not.
Unless he finds another club for next year he will be a good backup option if Staggs does shit at five-eight. He could work really well with Reynolds as 7.

I'm not sure he'd do it for a 2 year deal tbh. He always backs himself. I'm not sure any other club is offering him a 2 year deal at $500k a year if that's what you mean, and if you mean $500k over 2 years he'd probably stay here as that's what he is getting paid for next year anyway.
I look it like I would myself. 500k spread over 2 years you mismise you'd tax greatly.

500k - 1 year = 280k after tax
500k - 2 years = 362k

So he's actually 80k better off but more importantly he's got another year in the top 30 to hold a regular NRL spot and maybe secure a 3 year deal.

I don't know it's a tough one.

I'm not sure he'd do it for a 2 year deal tbh. He always backs himself. I'm not sure any other club is offering him a 2 year deal at $500k a year if that's what you mean, and if you mean $500k over 2 years he'd probably stay here as that's what he is getting paid for next year anyway.
Think he's saying extend the $500k over the two years instead of one?

Think he's saying extend the $500k over the two years instead of one?
Yeah exactly this if another club won't take him work something out like 500-520k over 2 years instead of one. Is realistically better than playing 1 year in qcup then being unemployed, and is a much better financial position for the club's salary cap.

Even if Glenn retires and Milford not being renewed, our cap is still on the limit. Theres no way we can afford Hynes and Hodg currently. We need to free up 500-700 to be in the ball park.

Those deals of 600-700 for two probs (Lodge and Fleg), Piakura (400), Oates(500) - theres about 500k in overs. Croft is surplus to needs at 350 and has a contract for next season also, i cant see him being picked up by anywhere for next year to save us money.

Its quite sccary how badly the cap would have been if Bird and Macca were still on our books for next year.

The other factor to consider for Oats is the cost of moving.

You don't change scenery unless the house is paid plus some in the salary increase.

the more i think about it, the more i'd love to see this side for next year (realistic IMO):

1. Isaako
2. Cobbo
3. Farnworth
4. Staggs
5. Oates
6. Hynes
7. Reynolds
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Capewell/Su'A
12. Pangai Jnr
13. Asiata

14. Hethrington/Paix
15. Kennedy
16. Bullemore
17. Carrigan

I'd be trying to move Flegler (not Lodge) on

Interesting. Perhaps this is what Hynes meant when he recently said he was waiting for offers to hit the table. Dufty would be okay I guess but I don't think we need a better fullback, totally happy with Isaako. Understand that others don't feel the same.

I agree that Dufty is a sideways move from Isaako. I wouldn't love that move, would much prefer taking a flyer on Hynes.

I agree that Dufty is a sideways move from Isaako. I wouldn't love that move, would much prefer taking a flyer on Hynes.
Being honest here, I don't know a thing about Hynes and haven't seen him play ( I think) A lot have nice things to say about him so there's that...I know it'd be great to have whomever is considered the world's greatest fullback but I think a champion team beats a team of champions and for me Isaako is the kind I like, succeeding through hard graft and tempered by adversity. The sort who truly values what they have. I think there's heaps of improvement to come from the I.

the more i think about it, the more i'd love to see this side for next year (realistic IMO):

1. Isaako
2. Cobbo
3. Farnworth
4. Staggs
5. Oates
6. Hynes
7. Reynolds
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Haas
11. Capewell/Su'A
12. Pangai Jnr
13. Asiata

14. Hethrington/Paix
15. Kennedy
16. Bullemore
17. Carrigan

I'd be trying to move Flegler (not Lodge) on
$800k in second rowers in q cup? Piakura and Riki

Being honest here, I don't know a thing about Hynes and haven't seen him play ( I think) A lot have nice things to say about him so there's that...I know it'd be great to have whomever is considered the world's greatest fullback but I think a champion team beats a team of champions and for me Isaako is the kind I like, succeeding through hard graft and tempered by adversity. The sort who truly values what they have. I think there's heaps of improvement to come from the I.
Truly spoken like someone who knows nothing about Hynes.

Values what they have yet was about in discussions to leave the club last week

Dufty and Isaako are like for like, both can be brilliant but both also are prone to making basic errors

Are you all really that confident we are going to sign Hynes now. Storm are desperate, Dragons are desperate and then theirs us who really if we were that desperate would have been pushing this deal to be done in the coming days before he is worth 600k for crying out loud

Are you all really that confident we are going to sign Hynes now. Storm are desperate, Dragons are desperate and then theirs us who really if we were that desperate would have been pushing this deal to be done in the coming days before he is worth 600k for crying out loud
Yeah, it doesn't seem as though we are that keen on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • Skyblues87
  • Robboi_321
  • Johnny92
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.