Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some due diligence reqd with Dufty. Gus said Dragons have been trying to offload him for 2 years and its not football related.
Would be interesting to know why? We definitely don't need anyone in our team who brings any bad juju.
We need solid hard-working players who are in for the challenge of making us the glamour club again.

Newcastle fans be like "we'd rather take TPJ"

yes but you see you Newcastle inbreds, TPJ isn't someone we are willing to let go, that's how this whole thing works, you get a player at a cheaper rate on the basis that we can't afford to have him on our book at the salary he is on
Newcastle might be playing the long game if they take Lodge. Him and TPJ are best mates, and TPJ just so happens to be from Newcastle or nearby anyway. They might be trying to get Lodge on the books and then go after TPJ for 2023

Cronulla will probably throw half their cap at him after missing out on Reynolds, they have to sign someone soon or the whole reason that they shafted Morris for Fitzgibbon is null and void
I think they're after a halfback... they have 6's everywhere in that team but no game manager.

SJ, Moylan, Trindall and Tracy all look like 6's to me or work best as a 6

In my perfect world we sign Dufty for 1 and Hynes for 6. We should be able to comfortably sign both for 1 Milford.

1. Dufty
2. Isaako
3. Lee
4. Staggs
5. Farnworth
6. Hynes
7. Reynolds

Top 8 backline easily.

In my perfect world we sign Dufty for 1 and Hynes for 6. We should be able to comfortably sign both for 1 Milford.

1. Dufty
2. Isaako
3. Lee
4. Staggs
5. Farnworth
6. Hynes
7. Reynolds

Top 8 backline easily.

That's a quality 1 thru 7, but I guarantee you this: Isaako is not staying here to play on the wing. If we sign a fullback, he will walk. As much as I would prefer him to play centre as well, I doubt Staggs would respond well to having the 6 taken off him when presumably he re-signed to play there.

That's a quality 1 thru 7, but I guarantee you this: Isaako is not staying here to play on the wing. If we sign a fullback, he will walk. As much as I would prefer him to play centre as well, I doubt Staggs would respond well to having the 6 taken off him when presumably he re-signed to play there.
He's contracted so he'll play where we tell him.

As for Staggs, play him at 6 this year, if he flops, move him to centre. No point figuring this out next year.

Sorry, $700k in Qcup.

if that mattered why are we dropping Milford? ... that's $1 million in Qcup. so i expect to see Milford on every team you name for the rest of the season.

both Riki and Piakura need time to develop.

I can't name a single team in the NRL that would have Isaako as first choice Fullback though, Dufty has been playing excellent this year genuinely surprised Dragons would toss him.

I think now is the time to go harder for Hynes, there is no fullbacks in the market that are close to his level, his asking price is really low given that he is actually more of a 6 that could work well for us once Cobbo works his way into first grade.

I can't name a single team in the NRL that would have Isaako as first choice Fullback though, Dufty has been playing excellent this year genuinely surprised Dragons would toss him.

I think now is the time to go harder for Hynes, there is no fullbacks in the market that are close to his level, his asking price is really low given that he is actually more of a 6 that could work well for us once Cobbo works his way into first grade.

Just a gut feeling, but I reckon we've already got him over the line. He wants to play with Reynolds (and possibly Hodgson) behind our pack next year. We're sure as hell offering a lot more on field for him than Merge are. It's literally legit Broncos vs. Aldi Broncos. I know which one I would be choosing if I were in his shoes.

Obviously that hinges on us retaining at least one of Lodge and TPJ.

if that mattered why are we dropping Milford? ... that's $1 million in Qcup. so i expect to see Milford on every team you name for the rest of the season.

Because if they aren’t ready to at least be on the bench we shouldn’t have given them both starter money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • Dash
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fozz
  • Wolfie
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Brocko
  • Allo
  • BruiserMk1
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Xzei
  • Nerd
  • Cavalo
  • rj9
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Maddy
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.