Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a gut feeling, but I reckon we've already got him over the line. He wants to play with Reynolds (and possibly Hodgson) behind our pack next year. We're sure as hell offering a lot more on field for him than Merge are. It's literally legit Broncos vs. Aldi Broncos. I know which one I would be choosing if I were in his shoes.

Obviously that hinges on us retaining at least one of Lodge and TPJ.
If we haven't, Dragons might be more appealing as it's closer to his family, though I don't rate the long term prospects for that team as it's full of aging players.

At worst it might increase the asking price though.

News going hard at it now.

View attachment 13208

News Corp reports the Knights are expected to table a mid-season transfer offer to Matt Lodge, with negotiations remaining on the subsidy. Lodge is on almost $800k with the Broncos willing to kick in around half. Knights insist David Klemmer is not in play.

Tevita Pangai Jnr hopes otherwise:

“I would like to see ‘Lodgey’ stay. Obviously it’s up to him and the club. I think he has improvement in him and he is one of the leaders in our team. He can be right up there with the best front-rowers in the game when he runs like he does on the weekend and competes. He has an awesome footy brain for a prop, he knows the game so well, so I really hope we can keep him.”

Lodge said:

“I want a connection with a club that wants me to do well for them, that’s a big thing for me. Every game I go into play I will go as hard as I can until the day I’m not here. I came here four years ago with pretty much nothing so whether I leave this week or in four years this club has done a lot for me and I’ve rebuilt my whole life here. I came here with a 20kg suitcase and would be leaving with a lot more than that. I could be here another four years so who knows.”

McHunt

Isn't that an old quote from Lodge?

Isn't that an old quote from Lodge?
Yep: "Last month, the NSW Origin hopeful vowed to give his all for the Broncos, but indicated he wanted to be with a club that valued his services."

If we haven't, Dragons might be more appealing as it's closer to his family, though I don't rate the long term prospects for that team as it's full of aging players.

At worst it might increase the asking price though.
I’m not implying he can’t handle pressure but long term surely he just have to have one look at the dragons and go they got way to many youngsters in my position that they will push me out for one of them in a year... you look at us and really we only have a fullback in the waiting who I believe needs to play wing for a 1 or 2 seasons before fullback and then move Hynes to 6 where we currently lack any future halves options other than maybe Ezra mam. Also going forward we got the better team, players and more of his personality trait even some former teammates. As well as this you would assume we are in a much better financial position than the dragons. With Lodge gone on top of all the other olayers

He's usually pretty reliable at this stuff.
Reel It In Jay Buhner GIF by Northwest Motorsport

I don't think we will replace Lodge with another forward, we've got the best prop in the game in Payne Haas

Kevvie will be looking to develop one of the other forwards, they are obviously looking to free up some money to have a go at someone of significance

This simply smacks of the team basically throwing the towel for this year in...

Seems everything to do with roster construction and retention is geared towards 2022.

So, this is simply a exercise in creating salary cap space to facilitate further singings for next year and beyond.

There is no legit footballing reason for this move, sans a complete and irrevocable breakdown in relations between player, coach and club?

And im not getting that vibe.

If this transpires, upgrade Haas's contract ASAP...
It's to clear cap space for Hynes + a hooker

If we consider the Pros & Cons that Hynes should consider when coming really the only pro of playing for Dragons is he is closer to home but still he is hours away... not much quicker than a plane away... Really he has got much more spot security, cheaper living and mates all at the broncos so I’d still have us on top I’m that regard

I don't think we will replace Lodge with another forward, we've got the best prop in the game in Payne Haas

Kevvie will be looking to develop one of the other forwards, they are obviously looking to free up some money to have a go at someone of significance
That's my thoughts.
The Cheese and Hynes.

it's a damn shame we can't just keep lodge and tpj and fire flegler out of a cannon into the sun, but if it's all about doing whatever we can to get the spine we need i think it's probably for the best
That’s just mean mate.

He’s a ginger, he can’t even think about going outside during daylight hours without bathing in SPF50+.

The immediate release of George Williams from the raiders is prime to remove the croft wage from our books.

I'll be astonished if we aren't throwing him to the raiders. Halfbacks are basically non existent at the moment and this guy is semi experienced and from the storm system. Surely we release him immediately to the raiders or swap for Hodgson or someone.

Absolute no brainer from my perspective.

The immediate release of George Williams from the raiders is prime to remove the croft wage from our books.

I'll be astonished if we aren't throwing him to the raiders. Halfbacks are basically non existent at the moment and this guy is semi experienced and from the storm system. Surely we release him immediately to the raiders or swap for Hodgson or someone.

Absolute no brainer from my perspective.
Unfortunately they have the ever reliable Sam Williams and a talented young halfback born in QLD, Brad Schneider in their reserves.

Don’t worry though once Hodgson leaves they’ll have Starling and then the next best and brightest QLD hooker waiting in the wings as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • broncos4life
  • davidp
  • Harry Sack
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • PETERN
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mustafur
  • broncsgoat
  • Alec
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.