Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just thinking if we move Lodge instead of going to the market could we play L.Pulu or is he a back rower ? - extra cash will be handy
If we do decide to go to the market who will be available and a good buy for 400k

There may be a kernel of truth in there somewhere.

I would ask this though. Why is it fair to criticise Isaako for merely listening to an offer?
The same for TPJ?

Did either go out of their way to make it happen?

I defended both Isaako and TPJ, how can you claim 'it evolved into him over rating them' ?

I think it would be foolish (and rude as well) of any player to not listen to offers.
Because they're under contract with 18 months remaining.

As a professional sportsperson, it's just a poor look (if true) - unless they have been told to look elsewhere...

Because they're under contract with 18 months remaining.

As a professional sportsperson, it's just a poor look (if true) - unless they have been told to look elsewhere...
Mmmm, it's a poor look? Truly, isn't that in the eye of the beholder?

In my opinion, it's nobodies business what they might be doing, what they're thinking of doing, what options they're exploring, what offers they're considering in 2023. Why the **** does anyone think they are entitled to have an opinion on it, it's got nothing to do with them.

It doesn't matter that they're under contract for the next 18 months and how does future planning impact on their professional commitment? What you are essentially implying is that considering offers for a period in the future, (a future period you're not paying for incidentally) somehow means they won't fulfill their current contracts in a professional manner.

This is not about Isaako or TPJ, it's any athlete or worker for that matter. I think, mind you're own damn business and when I'm good and ready I'll tell you my plans. That's how I'd do it and what I'd expect from anyone.

Was just thinking about this today. Weren’t there a lot of Broncs fans who felt the same before he signed up here? He’s pretty well liked here now.
Sadly, there's also Broncs fans who are still blacklisting

In my opinion, it's nobodies business what they might be doing, what they're thinking of doing, what options they're exploring, what offers they're considering in 2023. Why the **** does anyone think they are entitled to have an opinion on it, it's got nothing to do with them.

It doesn't matter that they're under contract for the next 18 months and how does future planning impact on their professional commitment? What you are essentially implying is that considering offers for a period in the future, (a future period you're not paying for incidentally) somehow means they won't fulfill their current contracts in a professional manner.

This is not about Isaako or TPJ, it's any athlete or worker for that matter. I think, mind you're own damn business and when I'm good and ready I'll tell you my plans. That's how I'd do it and what I'd expect from anyone.
Contractor?

I agree with everything you say here, with one qualifier. It shits me to tears when a player signs a contract 18 months ahead and then cracks the shits to get out of the current contract like Matterson did to the West Tigers.

Just read a story on fox sports about Broncos locking up young gun centre Deine Mariner on development contract till end of '23. Only a kid at Palm Beach Currumbin school and played Mal Meninga cup for Tweed Seagulls . Anyone know anything about him.?

Mariner was named player of Qld Schoolboys carnival yesterday.

Then named in Qld schoolboys team with six Broncos.

Mariner was named player of Qld Schoolboys carnival yesterday.

Then named in Qld schoolboys team with six Broncos.
Righto, thanks for that, sounds like a player of the future and worth keeping an eye on.

Karl Morris, who's just had his tenure extended by THREE YEARS at the AGM, says the Broncos are making an “end-to-end model” roster strategy their priority with the “aim of greater retention of young talent:”

“We are having a look at what the process and strategy is going forward. Last year we had a very young team running out, this year there are some more mature players there that are experienced and hardened. You need that mix and we are making sure we have the right mix."

“Dave will bring in some structure in relation to that. Under a new coach and CEO, we are reviewing all parts of our model. It doesn’t mean things are broken but it doesn’t mean things can’t be continuously improved and that’s what we’re all about.”

McHunt

Karl Morris, who's just had his tenure extended by THREE YEARS at the AGM, says the Broncos are making an “end-to-end model” roster strategy their priority with the “aim of greater retention of young talent:”

“We are having a look at what the process and strategy is going forward. Last year we had a very young team running out, this year there are some more mature players there that are experienced and hardened. You need that mix and we are making sure we have the right mix."

“Dave will bring in some structure in relation to that. Under a new coach and CEO, we are reviewing all parts of our model. It doesn’t mean things are broken but it doesn’t mean things can’t be continuously improved and that’s what we’re all about.”

McHunt
It also doesn’t not mean things are broken.

McHunt

Experienced at losing, and hardened like puff pastry fresh from the oven and ready to crumble at the slightest touch.

The backlash from Newcastle supporters on the Lodge signing is going to be massive. I would not at all be surprised if it gets pulled at the eleventh hour.
A lot of Knights fans are going to have to go back and delete some Tweets, that's for sure.

What the ****, man.. You know we are supporting a sport team right? This isn't Telstra or some company where we don't have a vested interest in who comes and goes at the club. Should we just no longer care about player movements or which players don't want to be here anymore?

Close the thread, guys. Player movement rumours and discussion is none of our business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Battler
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Manofoneway
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • cento
  • Browny
  • Yellowfella
  • Santa
  • Scorchie
  • Cavalo
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.