Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dragons will surely offer him more, if it's a money situation who knows where he will end up.

But if he wants 333k a year, it's obviously not a money thing.

The Dragons will surely offer him more, if it's a money situation who knows where he will end up.

We offer far more potential than the Dragons. Do you really want to play for the Dragons? They're okay now but they're a seriously old squad. Their 6/7/9 are 31/32/32 next year and Griffin is the coach. Wouldn't be appealing to me.

Sharks are a shit show right now, they're basically us 2 years ago. We're going to be on the up next year and he'll play a huge part in that if he signs.

it's an opportunity to be a key spine member that's driving him.

he's 24 now and if he manages to become the key spine member, his next deal could set him up for life. so my guess is he'll go to the club where he can best acheive that.

with Reynolds as our halfback and behind our pack ... i have no doubt we'd be an attractive proposition for him

For those wondering why I’ve been blowing Hynes since the start of the season, it was mostly based on the hype around him at Manly. Seeing him reappear at the Storm and be shown so much faith by Bellamy made it seem like a no brainer, and it’s been more and more painfully obvious the more game time he’s gotten. Last time I brought up his time at Manly someone here talked it down like he only played a few games off the bench and how Manly were happy to move him on - none of this is true of course and I guess the poster just pulled that one out of the air.

Anyway, all my fan boying over Hynes must have fucked with my YouTube algorithm because I stumbled upon his 2016 highlights reel.$330k a year for the player he was back then is a steal, let alone now with his experience and his time served in the Storm system. It’s also a good retort to those trotting out the “anyone would look good in the Storm system” line.

He’s halfback for most the video but also has some footage playing 6 and 1.

For those wondering why I’ve been blowing Hynes since the start of the season, it was mostly based on the hype around him at Manly. Seeing him reappear at the Storm and be shown so much faith by Bellamy made it seem like a no brainer, and it’s been more and more painfully obvious the more game time he’s gotten. Last time I brought up his time at Manly someone here talked it down like he only played a few games off the bench and how Manly were happy to move him on - none of this is true of course and I guess the poster just pulled that one out of the air.

Anyway, all my fan boying over Hynes must have fucked with my YouTube algorithm because I stumbled upon his 2016 highlights reel.$330k a year for the player he was back then is a steal, let alone now with his experience and his time served in the Storm system. It’s also a good retort to those trotting out the “anyone would look good in the Storm system” line.

Speaking of Storm players. Check out the step on this guy:

Gee he doesn’t mind digging deep into the line and then firing a pass out wide. Takes big cajones for some of those plays. I’m thoroughly impressed. Reynolds/Hynes would be a real sweet combo.

I think the half position suits Hynes better because he lacks natural speed but he's got good evasive skills, passing, kicking. This will bode well if we can slot Cobbo into FB position.

I highly doubt Staggs will make it @ 5/8. Kevvie probably mentioned 5/8 to him just to entice Staggs to sign on the dotted line.

He was even better at Mackay and Falcons. Strange lower grade career. Cutters were terrible for most of it but he was a shining light. It's a mystery why Dolphins or someone didn't swoop. I know the Walkers tried to get him but couldn't.

NYC was 52 games, 12 tries, 36/63 goals, two field goals and 122 points.
ISC 64 games, 21 tries, 48 goals, 180 points.

i didn't say they don't care about "performance" ... i said they don't care about "on field" performance

if our current ladder position continues for a few more years and they pretty much lose their click bait ... then that may be a different story
Sure hope it doesn’t come to that.

Im not sure hes worth it or the solution. It would be a big chunk of money on something that right now doesnt seem crash hot. The cap is tight i would think.

If the Raiders want him gone they'd probably pay some freight, we wouldn't pay him what he's currently on.

He was even better at Mackay and Falcons. Strange lower grade career. Cutters were terrible for most of it but he was a shining light. It's a mystery why Dolphins or someone didn't swoop. I know the Walkers tried to get him but couldn't.

NYC was 52 games, 12 tries, 36/63 goals, two field goals and 122 points.
ISC 64 games, 21 tries, 48 goals, 180 points.
These are highlights of his time at the cutters (playing in the halves with shorter hair)

Highlights of 2019 at the falcons:

I know you cant judge players on highlight compilations but he definitely shows some skills that would benefit our team i.e cut out balls, kicking game, support play etc.

If he had speed he’d be a fucking superstar. In saying that I like how he is aware he won’t outrun some of his chases so he keeps the ball in two hands always looking for support. He’s got a nice pass on him too it’s effortless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bongo
  • Foordy
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Xzei
  • Jazza
  • Harry Sack
  • Mustafur
  • Fitzy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • winslow_wong
  • Fozz
  • levikaden
  • Stix
  • Broncorob
  • broncsgoat
  • broncos4life
  • Midean
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.