Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
These youtube clips can be so deceptive. If i had some decent footage i could make somebody like Luke Capewell look like an absolute superstar. He was superb in Queensland cup. Shannon Walkers highlight reel would make him look like the next immortal.

In terms of Hynes, he is a good player, and we need to sign him. Simple as that.
Yeah, exactly. I remember watching him a. few times in Holden cup though, and his form at Melbourne has been red hot too.

just be clear, I don’t think he’s an elite player. He’s no Ponga or even Walsh. But he’s one of those great value for money signings you need to seek out in a rebuild. His signing for us would be very similar to what Coote was for the Cows.

He’s a genuinely decent option at a cheap price, who would bring much needed balance to the Reynolds/Staggs pairing and his price tag wouldn’t prevent important signings elsewhere.

Brimson signed until 2025.
Brisbane or anyone else for that matter still won't be able to present a contract until November 2022.

They can check in but unless the Titans or Campbell decide they want to go in a different direction that's the state of things.

These youtube clips can be so deceptive. If i had some decent footage i could make somebody like Luke Capewell look like an absolute superstar. He was superb in Queensland cup. Shannon Walkers highlight reel would make him look like the next immortal.

In terms of Hynes, he is a good player, and we need to sign him. Simple as that.
Shannon Walker was a freak, just didn’t make the leap.

Griffin has officially stated that despite not offering Dufty a deal they have no interest in Hynes.
Sharks have just re-signed Kennedy to be their fullback.

Looks like the balls in the broncos court re Hynes.

No interest perhaps because he has been told that Hynes has already signed with us. 🤔

Brisbane or anyone else for that matter still won't be able to present a contract until November 2022.

They can check in but unless the Titans or Campbell decide they want to go in a different direction that's the state of things.

Yes, that is the rule that nobody follows.

Time to get dirty.

Courier Mail reports:

Broncos bid two years for Kurt Capewell in pre-season but less than his current $380k salary. They are still pursuing him for 2022, but not expected to be successful.

Jayden Su’A is likely to head north with Adam Reynolds.

Kevin Walters is keen to give Selwyn Cobbo a run soon:

“We just wanted to get Selwyn in and around the team. He is not far away from playing NRL so we wanted to give him a taste of training and see how he goes.”

Former Newcastle, Titans and Indigenous All Stars halfback Tyrone Roberts will join Norths Devils with an eye to scoring a deal with the Broncos. At 29 he still has time up his sleeve.

McHunt

Courier Mail reporting a few things -

Jaydn Su'A increasingly likely to end up back at Red Hill next season
Kurt Capewell likely to stay loyal to Penrith
Selwyn Cobbo close to debuting

So basically what we all already knew.

I wonder if they are accelerating Cobbo because they are scared of losing more kids to other clubs?
I reckon but he is the starting fullback in a undefeated q-cup team, he has accomplished more than most of the youngsters before getting a debut, same goes with Hetherington and Robati they actually earned there debuts

If we sign Hynes do we offer the Storm an early trade? They can have Coates and we get Hynes. Then we promote Cobbo in place of Coates and move Isaako to either wing or centre..

To be fair, I reckon Cobbo is ready, he has been going pretty well. I would rather invest time into him than Coates anyway.

I dont see the harm in playing him tbh, but i do think he would benefit more from a good solid year at fullback for Wynnum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.