Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see the harm in playing him tbh, but i do think he would benefit more from a good solid year at fullback for Wynnum.

Yep no argument there. I don't mind the idea of some games in and out of first grade. Give him a taste here and there. He'll obviously get some time during origin regardless you would think.

I dont see the harm in playing him tbh, but i do think he would benefit more from a good solid year at fullback for Wynnum.
I agree what players these days won’t do that.

Courier Mail reports:

Broncos bid two years for Kurt Capewell in pre-season but less than his current $380k salary. They are still pursuing him for 2022, but not expected to be successful.

Jayden Su’A is likely to head north with Adam Reynolds.

Kevin Walters is keen to give Selwyn Cobbo a run soon:

“We just wanted to get Selwyn in and around the team. He is not far away from playing NRL so we wanted to give him a taste of training and see how he goes.”

Former Newcastle, Titans and Indigenous All Stars halfback Tyrone Roberts will join Norths Devils with an eye to scoring a deal with the Broncos. At 29 he still has time up his sleeve.

McHunt

Souths dropping Su'a is very strange, he has been pretty good all year. Especially in a side that basically plays down the other side of the field. Could be a sign he has already signed elsewhere.

Well by the looks of the way things are going I don’t think anyone’s gonna argue with
Reynolds
Lee
Su’A
Hynes
Only issue I have is that it will be at the cost of Lodge

Well by the looks of the way things are going I don’t think anyone’s gonna argue with
Reynolds
Lee
Su’A
Hynes
Only issue I have is that it will be at the cost of Lodge

I don't see why we'd need to lose Lodge for that given we have a bucketload of money off the books this year. But even so, I think you'd take it even if it cost Lodge.

spine i'd like to see next year:

1. Isaako
6. Hynes
7. Reynolds
9. Smith

spine i think we'll see next year (which i don't mind):

1. Hynes
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds
9. Turpin

I’d like to honestly hear what you thought watching Hynes tonight, @Huge ?

I need a list, so how about this:

1. Hynes
2. Cobbo
3. Isaako
4. Lee
5. Farnworth
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Haas
9. B.Smith
10. Carrigan
11. Su'A
12. Pangai Jr
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Kennedy/Lui/Flegler/Robati
16. Bullemor/Flegler/Robati
17. Riki/Piakura

He also can’t pass. His passing is amateur. He’s a winger.

if Staggs moves to the halves and Hynes takes fullback ... then i'd seriously give him a shot at center.

i think his passing game is good enough to set up his outside man. his footwork, running game an strength would make him a really good center.

defence may be a bit of an issue initially

I need a list, so how about this:

1. Hynes
2. Cobbo
3. Isaako
4. Lee
5. Farnworth
6. Staggs
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Haas
9. B.Smith
10. Carrigan
11. Su'A
12. Pangai Jr
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Kennedy/Lui/Flegler/Robati
16. Bullemor/Flegler/Robati
17. Riki/Piakura
I’d probably swap Isaako and Farnworth, we aren’t getting Smith and I’d go Flegler and Robati on the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • broncsgoat
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Maroon4life
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • westy316
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.