Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Threads
I don't think he's improved since his debut. Happy to move on from him.
This is the whole thing with him and what it seems the club realised. I had massive hopes for him because when he debuted he was solid and nothing more which I thought was a great platform for him to build off, he just never got any better at all.

winslow_wong

International Rep
May 27, 2013
Threads
The losing DNA that some of these broncos players have is brutal. Have fun with Coates, storm.

BroncosFever

QCup Player
Jun 6, 2014
Threads
It's hard to be too critical about Dearden, the fact is he's at the stage of his career where he needs to be nurtured into the NRL (sort of like how Ben Hunt spent a season or two coming off the bench as a hooker).

The way the Cowboys have recruited for next year indicates they are going to develop him in some capacity and not be relying on him to be their go to man, I just hope for his sake they don't kill him this year.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Captain
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
Threads
It's hard to be too critical about Dearden, the fact is he's at the stage of his career where he needs to be nurtured into the NRL (sort of like how Ben Hunt spent a season or two coming off the bench as a hooker).

The way the Cowboys have recruited for next year indicates they are going to develop him in some capacity and not be relying on him to be their go to man, I just hope for his sake they don't kill him this year.

I see him following a similar path to Clifford. Was touted as the next big thing but brought in too early...is only now looking ready.

Sproj

International Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Threads
I see him following a similar path to Clifford. Was touted as the next big thing but brought in too early...is only now looking ready.

Speaking of which, imagine putting all that work into Clifford and just as he starts to look good, letting him go to sign an over the hill playmaker on MORE money and another kid who at best is right at the start of Clifford's process and at worst, is just not good enough. What were the Cows thinking?

Stu_9

NRL Player
Mar 9, 2018
Threads
100% problem is that these young blokes read and believe the press.
Dearden, Coates, Fleggs, Niu and now look at Fifita. Somewhat the media's fault however these young blokes just don't seem to be mentally strong or ready for the pressure that comes with being "the next best...Locky, Webcke, Inglis etc"
Hopefully Cobbo hasn't read too many of his headlines.
Haas is probably the only exception out of this crop. He is something absolutely special & if the club isn't already looking at upgrading and extending him then they're fucked.

soup

State of Origin Captain
May 1, 2013
Threads
According to Brent Read the Broncos rang Dufty's management this week and said "thanks but no thanks".
wtf?
Happy John Oliver GIF by Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

Sounds good to me…

Fitzy

NRL Player
Sep 10, 2018
Threads
Ok surely it’s presumed our next fullback is Herbie (possibly Cobbo) but if that’s the case we probably need a new centre cause I can’t see the bronx not playing Staggs at 6 after that was promised. So what centre’s would you all be interested in if we were needed to sign one. The only real internal options are Tesi and Arthars but I think we possibly need someone slightly better.

Fitzy

NRL Player
Sep 10, 2018
Threads
Haven't they signed Brenco Lee as a centre option for next year or am i missing something.
Yes but we currently have Arthars and Copley as our centre’s and as much as we don’t like it Staggs is our 6 next year and Herbie likely to be fullback. Arthars and Copley would have to be the shittest centre pairing of all time after gutherson and wighton in origin last year. Therefore we now need a second centre in order to replace Farnworth

lynx000

NRL Captain
Jul 28, 2008
Threads
Yes but we currently have Arthars and Copley as our centre’s and as much as we don’t like it Staggs is our 6 next year and Herbie likely to be fullback. Arthars and Copley would have to be the shittest centre pairing of all time after gutherson and wighton in origin last year. Therefore we now need a second centre in order to replace Farnworth
We also have Tass in ISC and Brenko Lee coming.

Emanon

BRL Player
Apr 26, 2021
Threads
So far so good with letting dearden go. He sucks
That's because he plays more like a 5/8th than a halfback. Everything about him reminded me more of Lockyer more than Shane Perry. We also thought Sam Walker was a Fullback. So we have a history of trying to make players something they aren't .
You just have to look at how bare the centre options are for Qld right now. If Cobbo moved there now, and proved he could play there before seasons end, the Origin jersey is probably his long term as well. That could be extra incentive he would need to lock that spot down.

I don't know if Mariner is a Queenslander, but I would be looking at developing the long term Queensland centre combo.

Foordy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Threads
We also thought Sam Walker was a Fullback.

I doubt we did ... that was a story the media made up to call into question our judgement.

which actually shows how bad the media's judgement can be given the real story would have been better to call into question our judgement/decision making/competence

Sproj

International Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Threads
I doubt we did ... that was a story the media made up to call into question our judgement.

which actually shows how bad the media's judgement can be given the real story would have been better to call into question our judgement/decision making/competence

I thought Chris Walker said it though I could well be wrong.

Team P W L PD Pts
15 13 2 344 26
15 13 2 311 26
14 11 3 105 24
14 11 3 176 22
14 9 5 122 20
13 7 6 33 16
15 7 8 -11 14
14 6 8 -44 14
14 6 8 -121 14
14 5 9 -66 12
14 5 9 -70 12
15 6 9 -131 12
14 5 9 -62 10
15 5 10 -132 10
13 2 11 -204 6
15 3 12 -250 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awal7607

Members online

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.