Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the news week hasnt delivered like i was tipped off it would. Both Lodge and Hines were meant to be be big movements for us, 3 seperate tigers players were meant to be moving on and Milford apparently had some Sydney news to talk about.

From now on, no more sauce. Egg - Face.

Im all for Hynes, Reynolds and maybe even Hodgson. But cant help this uneasy feeling that our spine couldve been Walsh and Walker. Qlders and our juniors.

*sigh*
I don’t blame the club for missing Walsh because the warriors have paid big overs to get him but they completely stuffed the situation with walker and as usual no one was held accountable for that stuff up.

He’s no where near as slow as people have been saying but yea, it’s not elite speed.
Watching those old highlights, it looks like he may have even gained a yard of pace since then.

As you say, not burning the grass fast, but quick enough to be dangerous.

Perhaps even more importantly though, those highlights and his recent form suggest he is quick between the ears. Something we’ve severely lacked for far too long now.

Perhaps even more importantly though, those highlights and his recent form suggest he is quick between the ears. Something we’ve severely lacked for far too long now.
*hungry between the ears*

We have missed and desperately needed agressive, hungry and competitive attitudes. Not every player has it, but a team needs a handful of them to build resilliance and fight.

He’s no where near as slow as people have been saying but yea, it’s not elite speed.
Definitely not slow but if he had ponga, papi, teddy and brimson type speed he’d be elite, in saying that he definitely makes up for it with other skills that some of those guys don’t possess.

I just can't help but think Cliff Lyons when I watch this kid. He is not as magically creative like Cliff from what I can see but something about his long ball, his mind always thinking about the pass, how effortless and crisp his pass is and his deceptive pace just bring Cliff to mind. His kick is nice to look at also, this kid has it I think. I hope things are moving in our direction, he would make me totally forget the loss of X to be honest.

These youtube clips can be so deceptive. If i had some decent footage i could make somebody like Luke Capewell look like an absolute superstar. He was superb in Queensland cup. Shannon Walkers highlight reel would make him look like the next immortal.

In terms of Hynes, he is a good player, and we need to sign him. Simple as that.

These youtube clips can be so deceptive. If i had some decent footage i could make somebody like Luke Capewell look like an absolute superstar. He was superb in Queensland cup. Shannon Walkers highlight reel would make him look like the next immortal.

In terms of Hynes, he is a good player, and we need to sign him. Simple as that.
Agree, your nit picking the best plays, similar story I saw this the other day on YT showing Josh Schuster playing U16 State of origin and he looked like peak Benji I thought how has no one heard of him untill he broke through this year:

Agree, your nit picking the best plays, similar story I saw this the other day on YT showing Josh Schuster playing U16 State of origin and he looked like peak Benji I thought how has no one heard of him untill he broke through this year:

The mainstream media doesn't follow junior footy unless they have a fun name like Bradman Best.

He was a star in SG Ball 2019 and considered a can't miss prospect.

Manly still have a few more from that squad waiting in the wings.

The Bronco's have got a very talented player in Deine Mariner, certainly an impressive young centre. Certainly up there with the best U18 centres in Queensland.

Big fan of this kid...really looked good this year, has added a spark that Foran at 6 couldnt provide.

His no look passes to the right are working a treat right now...

I seen that Capewell might be staying at Penrith

While we're talking about potential signings, here are Jayden Campbell's numbers from QCUP so far this season -

6 games, 6 tries, 4 line-breaks, 3 try assists, 59 tackle busts, 194 metres per game.

We'd be stupid not to offer him a deal to at least compete for the #1 jersey next season.

While we're talking about potential signings, here are Jayden Campbell's numbers from QCUP so far this season -

6 games, 6 tries, 4 line-breaks, 3 try assists, 59 tackle busts, 194 metres per game.

We'd be stupid not to offer him a deal to at least compete for the #1 jersey next season.
Signed until 2023.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Canga
  • Foordy
  • Lostboy
  • Pablo
  • Manlyman
  • Broncorob
  • Porthoz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Griffo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Hurrijo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.