Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing Selwyn Cobbo has just re-signed for 2 years, Im guessing he's going to take coates spot for next year. I think they're going to introduce him in the coming weeks (explains 18th man selection)

He has played at fullback and right wing for Wynnum, getting him used to the roles.

Hynes has made his name in the NRL as a fullback, I think that's his best position personally.
Fb does more playmaking then a 6 these days anyway and unless you’re outrageously fast (papi) with the amount out the back plays having a fb that can play half will be mighty handy.

He has played at fullback and right wing for Wynnum, getting him used to the roles.
yeah I'm Aware of his ISC games, if we get Hynes I'd assume he'd be parked on that wing spot for a couple of years.

The official Bronx twitter feed is certainly a good source, not exactly a scoop tho.
Yeah probably should have worded it better but it would be pretty dumb to claim that as a scoop 10 minutes after it was announced as an official re-signing.

Fb does more playmaking then a 6 these days anyway and unless you’re outrageously fast (papi) with the amount out the back plays having a fb that can play half will be mighty handy.
Yeah I don't care if he has electric pace, it is not the decider. We don't need an exact copy of other teams, Hynes will fit in to the style Kev likes, I am thinking the Locky style of fullback, the third half who is a genuine kicking and playmaking option at the back. I think there is something special with Hynes.

That great Bronco style of play from the 90's and early 2000s is the style for success under the new rules I believe. To play that style you need backs with top tier passing skill and locks with ball playing ability, you need Smiths, Berrigans, Lockyers, Campions, Walters and Langer types. People who are always on the ball and can go after half chances.

What I like about Hynes is his utility value. Right now he would walk in and be the first choice fullback which would mean that Cobbo can be blooded on the wing. After a year or so if Cobbo looks to be the long term fullback Hynes can move to the 6 if Staggs hasn't cemented that spot or come off the bench/move on if he has.

Absolute perfect for our current situation.

Jotham Russell from the Tweed Heads Seagulls 2021 MM Cup side has signed with the Broncos.

He is a front rower.
Anyone know anything about him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Mighty Bronx
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Foordy
  • NSW stables
  • broncoscope
  • pennywisealfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • Rookie Alan
  • Johnny92
  • Swordfish
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.