Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy Sam

Crazy Sam

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Doesn't Lodge have the same "de-registered" manager as the Knights coaches (O'Brien, Seibold)? The same one that had around 15 players and a lot of pull at the Broncos over the past few years as a result? I got the impression from this article that that's where a lot of the agitation for moving to the Knights was coming from.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Brent Read said on Triple M that we're still the favorite to snag Hynes, but there is "a lot of clubs in the frame"

I

ISIP

BRL Player
Oct 3, 2017
Keebra Park hooker Blake Mozer who is their rugby league captain has signed a new three year contract which including training this coming off-season with the Broncos NRL squad. Last week he was named at hooker in the U18 Queensland School Boys Merit side.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
We could use another Shane Webke

don't you read the media ... we already have one

Remote

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Keebra Park hooker Blake Mozer who is their rugby league captain has signed a new three year contract which including training this coming off-season with the Broncos NRL squad. Last week he was named at hooker in the U18 Queensland School Boys Merit side.

That is really great news. I haven't seen him play but by all reports, he is one of the very best coming through and in a position of need, well done again to the Donut regime and getting stuff done at both ends of the squad list - recruitment and retention.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
I like the sound of that. To hear we actually have a decent hooker in the pipeworks is reassuring. At today's expedited pace any player in an U18 side is only a few months from first grade, at least that's how it seems to be trending. :happy:

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
I like the sound of that. To hear we actually have a decent hooker in the pipeworks is reassuring. At today's expedited pace any player in an U18 side is only a few months from first grade, at least that's how it seems to be trending. :happy:

Give it a week or two and he'll start appearing in team lists....

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I do love a list, I have to refrain from posting even MOAR lists.

On a serious note, if this kid is the goods, as he reportedly is, getting Hodgson in for 2-3 years would be perfect timing to allow the kid to develop.

I wonder what the deal with Paix is as well, cos despite the fact he has looked pretty good lately at Q Cup level, doesn't seem anywhere near the NRL team, even though he was in the 21 recently.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

On a serious note, if this kid is the goods, as he reportedly is, getting Hodgson in for 2-3 years would be perfect timing to allow the kid to develop.

I wonder what the deal with Paix is as well, cos despite the fact he has looked pretty good lately at Q Cup level, doesn't seem anywhere near the NRL team, even though he was in the 21 recently.
Kevvie probably doesn’t want him getting in the way of his son next year so won’t even look at him.

Mum-the-meatloaf

Mum-the-meatloaf

QCup Player
Dec 6, 2019

It baffles me that paix hasn't been given more of a go. He may end up at dogs.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Kevvie probably doesn’t want him getting in the way of his son next year so won’t even look at him.

Surely Donuts would be sensible with this, surely.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Surely Donuts would be sensible with this, surely.
Of course he would and Kev wouldn't do that in the first place. This is just another ridiculous meme that has gotten out of control.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Of course he would and Kev wouldn't do that in the first place. This is just another ridiculous meme that has gotten out of control.

He has reportedly been pushing pretty hard to get his son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Brocko
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Griffo
  • Fozz
  • Strop
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Maroon4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.