Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
They certainly never picked Turncoates on the strength of his defensive work or his carries off of our goal line. Which is a major concern in an origin game.
That's true mate and I wouldn't be picking Fifita for the same reason ... based on his form this season he's there purely on the strength of his press-clippings and the golden child he's reputed to be not on any consistent, stand-out performances.

Him and Ofahengaue really did not deserve to make the origin side.

Stupid injuries. Su'A you can make a case for, he was pretty decent last Origin from memory but Offa has obviously been brought in due to the injury to Collins.

There is certainly some talent in ISC, but i dont think there is much in the way of fullbacks, Halves or hookers who would make a blind bit of difference to our side. If we want a forward with the potential for some development, then it has to be Jordan Grant. I've my my opinion clear on which center i think we should go for. Outside of that, most of the younger guys we would want are probably linked with us anyway.

why because another team has made him an offer?

I mean, don't the Warriors over everyone a contract and almost no one takes it? Also, we often joke about the Titans and Roosters having endless caps but the Warriors are just as bad.

I mean, don't the Warriors over everyone a contract and almost no one takes it? Also, we often joke about the Titans and Roosters having endless caps but the Warriors are just as bad.

they'd be stacked in the halves and fullback already as well with Walsh, Kodi and CHT.

and despite Fox today saying our offer was only $1 million over 3 years ... reportedly upped it on Friday closer to 500k a year now (although doubt we'll go too much higher)

In hindsight it was 100% the wrong decision to let Nikorima go. A halves combination of Nikorima & Reynolds is nearly the perfect combination of running game & game management.

Such a shame that we couldn't see back then that Milford would somehow continue to deteriorate the way he has.

In hindsight it was 100% the wrong decision to let Nikorima go. A halves combination of Nikorima & Reynolds is nearly the perfect combination of running game & game management.

Such a shame we couldn't see back then that Milford would somehow continue to deteriorate the way he has.

We could probably go KNik back if we really wanted to.

If Hynes goes elswhere (every day that he doesn't sign i lose confidence we will get him) i think we have to chase Hodgson or someone similar for next year. To me, we are still a ball player short if isako/cobbo are at the back and staggs gets a shot at 6 as is been suggetsed with turpin at hooker.

Reynolds is a great organsier but he will have zero support unless we play croft beside him next year. We need someone who can share the kicking (probably only 15%) and also ball play at least to some extent. Without that you rush up on Reynolds every play and we are pretty much blunted.

And another one bites the dust.

Good endorsement for Walsh.

Don’t worry Reece, you’ve told everyone you came to NZ for the culture and what we are doing over here, definitely not the money, and that’s OK, because we want Hynes to play 6 (but if you shit the bed, he can play there too so we will wipe you like a dirty arse, but we’re all in on you, promise. Totes serious).

Such a shame that we couldn't see back then that Milford would somehow continue to deteriorate the way he has.
It wasn't exactly Sophie's Choice.

What happened was Moses organised a deal where Nikorima could earn nearly twice his pay. Kodi went to Seibs and asked him what his long term future was and Seibs told him it'd be utility. Kodi decided to take the Warriors offer on and it was 100% the right call for him.

It wasn't like the Warriors came up to Brisbane and offered to take either off the Broncos hands.

The club has been trying to white ant Milford since the Bankwest debacle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.