Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backyard bliss.

we can't have every schoolboy rugby league player in South East QLD on our books.

have you seen these guys play enough (or at all) to say they are better than the ones we have

I don't really care about our local players being taken anymore. They either get taken now or when they're ready for first grade. At least if they're signed as kids there's a chance they'll want to return home instead of growing to hate the club from within.

Its not the 90s anymore, other clubs will look for talent here too. Broncos need to up their game and identify the best available, because they have the advantage of being a local club with a huge fan base. Speaking of identifying talents, start looking for footballers, not athletes.

I don't really care about our local players being taken anymore. They either get taken now or when they're ready for first grade. At least if they're signed as kids there's a chance they'll want to return home instead of growing to hate the club from within.

I'm not sure I agree with this. Storm and Panthers have made their mark on the NRL through development. Sure, they can't keep everyone but they are more likely to avoid mistakes in throwing overs for players on the open market.

Xavier Savage was the big signing that the Raiders pulled off a couple of years back, he's going to be very special.

Wtf ? Admire you’re positivity - sometimes it’s a tad misguided.

then answer my question ... have you seen these guys play? are they better than the schoolboys we have?

Xavier Savage was the big signing that the Raiders pulled off a couple of years back, he's going to be very special.
They took Milford from under our noses as well and was going to be something special until he changed his mind.

Zero tackle says he is off contract thus year. Hope that's true and we can get him.

That's how I read the comment as well, Mariner re-signed with the club at the start of the year till 2023.
All the articles I have seen online indicate he is signed till 2023.

then answer my question ... have you seen these guys play? are they better than the schoolboys we have?
Watched my grandson play in the under 8 for Redcliffe against West Mitchy at Purtel Park couple weeks ago. Got beat. But that’s not relative and nor is your question. Only time will tell is the correct answer. Not sure where you got the question from though.

I'm not sure I agree with this. Storm and Panthers have made their mark on the NRL through development. Sure, they can't keep everyone but they are more likely to avoid mistakes in throwing overs for players on the open market.
Storm don't develop shit and the Panthers have just done what we used to do without the media hyping their players before they get to first grade. Barely anyone has chased the Panthers players over the last few years but every day there's a new article about a young Bronco getting poached. We help the other clubs more than this entire competition helps us by getting these players ready for first grade so they can swoop in on them. It no longer benefits us to raise these kids as Broncos, instead we should look at following the way of the Storm and buying players from literally anywhere we can, as log as they're good players and can count to ten without needing to use their fingers.

Its not the 90s anymore, other clubs will look for talent here too. Broncos need to up their game and identify the best available, because they have the advantage of being a local club with a huge fan base. Speaking of identifying talents, start looking for footballers, not athletes.
This is one of the club’s major shortcomings at the moment and one of the big areas Donaghy will look to fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Totally Unr3al
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Lurker
  • blacknwhite
  • Johnny92
  • Ozired
  • thenry
  • Organix
  • TimWhatley
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.