Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
Bench hooker/utility, for sure, but not starting hooker. But Kodi left because he was told that would be his role, so I doubt he'd come back now to slot into it.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Let's assume we bag Capewell on the predicted ~$500k / year.

Then, next year we will then have:

1 - Capewell
2 - Riki
3 - Robati
4 - Piakura
5 - Palasia

Thats the same number of second rowers we carried in our 30 man squad this year and a fair bit of change tied up in arguably the least difficult and important position on the field.

Don't see where Su'A fits into the side, especially if he's not even cracking first grade at the moment and has only ever put together a short run of good games. I know he's an Origin player, but so is Joe O, and I don't think many would be keen to see him back - even if it was a bargain.

If we can't get Capewell, thats when we might consider Su'A a cheap lifeline.
Palasia respectfully can **** off, and Robati and Riki can play middle. Really none of them are adequate starting options

B

BroncoEvol

Jun 22, 2021
Bench hooker/utility, for sure, but not starting hooker. But Kodi left because he was told that would be his role, so I doubt he'd come back now to slot into it.
From reports kodi wants to come back to Brisbane. Why not starting Hooker? His defence?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Israel Folau has secured a release from Catalan's.

That was the only thing stopping him from being able to play Rugby League here. Get on the phone Kevvie and Ikin!

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018

That was the only thing stopping him from being able to play Rugby League here. Get on the phone Kevvie and Ikin!
I don’t know what to think about this matter. If we could get his old self or even union self out of him, maybe. But we won’t and he will be very negative for culture

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I don’t know what to think about this matter. If we could get his old self or even union self out of him, maybe. But we won’t and he will be very negative for culture

Israel would be fine. He made his Rugby League return last year scoring 5 tries in 15 appearances for Catalans. He's a competitor so there won't be any issues with him performance wise.

As for negative culture, he's still got a lot of friends in the club. Not sure how it would affect the culture.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Israel would be fine. He made his Rugby League return last year scoring 5 tries in 15 appearances for Catalans. He's a competitor so there won't be any issues with him performance wise.

As for negative culture, he's still got a lot of friends in the club. Not sure how it would affect the culture.
And seriously how does ones religious beliefs affect a teams culture, he's not going to be doing Bible studies classes and if he did well it could possibly improve our performance 😆

B

Bongo

NRL Player
Oct 10, 2013
If we release all players off contract bar the ones named below. We should try and sign Brandon Smith and Capewell as the priority with a solid rather than star fullback (Probably can't afford a star fullback). Our team options would look a bit like below:
  • Cobbo/Niu/NEW PLAYER
  • Pereira/Mead/ NEW/Oates
  • Staggs/ Niu/Tass/
  • Lee
  • Farnworth
  • Croft/ Staggs/New-Maybe Nikorima
  • Reynolds
  • Haas
  • B Smith
  • Carrigan
  • Riki
  • Piakura/New- Experienced Solid Player
  • Capewell
  • Flegler
  • Kennedy
  • Bullemor
  • Paix/Turpin/NEW- Could be Nikorima and he could also play 6.

We need some experienced squad players at second row, fullback and winger. Obviously we need to move on Lodge and TPJ for any of this to happen.

Off contract players I would consider would be Will and Albert Hopoate (will maybe too expensive), Kurt Mann, Edrick Lee, Curtis Sironen and Conor Watson, Drew Hutchison or the Butcher Brothers at the Roosters if we can get them at the right price.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

he was permitted to play at community rugby league level ... no higher by the QRL.

the NRL and Vlandys would make the decision if an NRL club tried to sign him

IceWorks

IceWorks

NRL Player
May 10, 2019

I would favour talented youth being recruited and partnered with leaders of high character if they are going to be over 30 years of age, which is ancient still. Israel brings neither it would seem.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
So... moving on... what do people think of Kodi at Hooker? I know a lot of people want Hodgson but is Nikorima an option?

Just because he's creative around the ruck doesn't mean he should play hooker, he doesn't strike me as the kind of player who would be able to rip out 40 tackles a game and hold his own with blokes twice his size running at him

B

BroncoEvol

Jun 22, 2021
Just because he's creative around the ruck doesn't mean he should play hooker, he doesn't strike me as the kind of player who would be able to rip out 40 tackles a game and hold his own with blokes twice his size running at him
Might be better then one off passing from the play the ball. If we get some momentum from dummy half runs and a bit more creativity then just one up hit ups from the forwards then we'd roll down the paddock a bit faster. He has a better kicking game then Turpin too. I don't know, his defence is the biggest question mark, but if he gets support from his forwards...

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
And seriously how does ones religious beliefs affect a teams culture, he's not going to be doing Bible studies classes and if he did well it could possibly improve our performance 😆
I don’t care about his beliefs, I do care about the sideshow he has become. He doesn’t care about anyone but himself, he’s latched himself to Palmer and is now suing the qrl, taking money away from junior rugby league. He’s always been a selfish two faced prick, he made his bed when he fucked off to afl, let him lay in it. We aren’t going through all this pain now and getting rid of the selfish entitled dickheads from the club only to import another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Morkel
  • broncsgoat
  • ChewThePhatt
  • levikaden
  • Wolfie
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.