Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m curious as to what role Croft will play. Will Gamble shift back to 5/8, will he remain the dominate half or take a backseat to Croft? Croft would be better served as a but playing 5/8 but God Gamble/Croft is a slow plodder of a half combo.

Will Kev actually do a last minute Milf call up?
id put nothing past Kev at this stage....

I’m curious as to what role Croft will play. Will Gamble shift back to 5/8, will he remain the dominate half or take a backseat to Croft? Croft would be better served as a but playing 5/8 but God Gamble/Croft is a slow plodder of a half combo.

Will Kev actually do a last minute Milf call up?

IIRC, it seems that Gamble has only really been the dominant half once

Any idea if we will be hearing any recruitment news anytime soon or is it gonna be quiet over the new few wks
- Has Pereira been announced by the club
- No development on Capewell, Sua, Gagai
- TPJ might be gone (Peter Badel)

All of a sudden other than TPJ things have gone quiet.

Any idea if we will be hearing any recruitment news anytime soon or is it gonna be quiet over the new few wks
- Has Pereira been announced by the club
- No development on Capewell, Sua, Gagai
- TPJ might be gone (Peter Badel)

All of a sudden other than TPJ things have gone quiet.
No to Pereira.
It's only a Pete Badel rumour at this point, never confirmed, hence why it's not the sourced signings thread.

Apart from his homophobic slurs, Izzy is actually a cleanskin tbh. I'd have him back here, but on the proviso he keeps his controversial opinions to himself.
You'd seriously want to deal with Clive Palmer? They're basically a package deal now. Imagine he does post more controversial stuff on social media and the club needs to sack him. It would be a dragged out lawsuit with Clive Palmer posting TV ads during NRL games.

You'd seriously want to deal with Clive Palmer? They're basically a package deal now. Imagine he does post more controversial stuff on social media and the club needs to sack him. It would be a dragged out lawsuit with Clive Palmer posting TV ads during NRL games.

Clive will vanish soon enough i reckon. Never seems to stick around too long. As long as the club make sure they have a watertight contract with Folau in terms of what he posts i wouldnt see an issue.

aligning himself with Clive Palmer has probably ended any chance he had of returning to the NRL ... no club will be prepared to take the risk

Clive will vanish soon enough i reckon. Never seems to stick around too long. As long as the club make sure they have a watertight contract with Folau in terms of what he posts i wouldnt see an issue.
I don't think it matters with Clive how watertight the contract is. He will do anything for publicity so he'll drag it to the courts instead. He's happy to throw money away, it's just advertising for him.

I don't think it matters with Clive how watertight the contract is. He will do anything for publicity so he'll drag it to the courts instead. He's happy to throw money away, it's just advertising for him.

Yeah, probably right about Clive but i doubt we will see him around Izzy for that much longer

Apart from his homophobic slurs, Izzy is actually a cleanskin tbh. I'd have him back here, but on the proviso he keeps his controversial opinions to himself.
Is the possible reward really worth the risk though? It's unlikely that he'd have more than one good season left in him at his age and the potential for it to blow up legally at some point is tremendous.

If he was a few years younger perhaps, but at his age I just don't see him being a sensible move for anyone to take on at this point.

Is the possible reward really worth the risk though? It's unlikely that he'd have more than one good season left in him at his age and the potential for it to blow up legally at some point is tremendous.

If he was a few years younger perhaps, but at his age I just don't see him being a sensible move for anyone to take on at this point.

I personally think if we could get him on a 12 month contract to help get us sorted out it would be a good move. While in now way do i agree with what he said, the punishment doesnt fit the crime. We have had homophobic slurs and racist slurs from other players yet they havent got the kind of attention or punishment Izzy has for his. I think he deserves an opportunity to show he can tow the line.

I personally think if we could get him on a 12 month contract to help get us sorted out it would be a good move. While in now way do i agree with what he said, the punishment doesnt fit the crime. We have had homophobic slurs and racist slurs from other players yet they havent got the kind of attention or punishment Izzy has for his. I think he deserves an opportunity to show he can tow the line.
Right. What about the racist comments from the knights players?

Don’t entirely disagree but hasn’t he already been given that opportunity? Wasn’t the homophobic post the second one of that nature?

Don’t entirely disagree but hasn’t he already been given that opportunity? Wasn’t the homophobic post the second one of that nature?

I honestly cant remember. I do remember one where he got filmed at his church basically saying the same thing. If we sign him then its going to piss a lot of people off because its the Broncos, and that suits me just fine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Old Mate
  • kiwi2
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Bish
  • westy316
  • Aldo
  • Gaz
  • Lozza
  • broncos4life
  • rj9
  • sooticus
  • broncsfan88
  • Shane Tronc
  • Big Del
  • Spike
  • theshed
  • eggstar10
  • Jazza
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.