Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I'd say bringing in Reynolds, Capewell and Lee would show him we are on the way up, as well as the long needed backroom changes and moving on of deadwood / inflated wood. One or two more big ins would have him pretty pumped I think and then the final piece will be to bring in an actual good head coach, there I said it.
I think we're still 1-2 short in the spine... Hynes or SJ would've been a great pick up at 6 along with Hodgson at 9...I'm not sure what's happening down in Canberra, but I think if we can nab him for the 9 jersey next year it would help.

I think we definitely still need some further investment somewhere in the spine though

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
I've gotta say I hope so because Gagai and Simpkin would be good pick ups for sure.
If "Macca " is the future I would much prefer hodgson. These young kids need to learn their craft off experienced and proven 1st graders, not battle players who are just starting their NRL careers as well. 3 years from hodgson would give us enough time to debut him slowly and see if his skills continue to develop. Paix and/or turpin can provide some added competition and depth.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
If "Macca " is the future I would much prefer hodgson. These young kids need to learn their craft off experienced and proven 1st graders, not battle players who are just starting their NRL careers as well. 3 years from hodgson would give us enough time to debut him slowly and see if his skills continue to develop. Paix and/or turpin can provide some added competition and depth.

Don't get me wrong, I don't disagree at all but I'm not confident of getting Hodgson now. Simpkin though would be subsidised by the Tigers because they also just signed Liddle to a multi-year deal, so one of them isn't going to be starting, so bring Simpkin home and him and Paix can fill the gap until our gun kid is ready. Simpkin, while not looking elite, did look a fair way ahead of Turpin in the few games he played, plus he is our junior.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
The Broncos are trying to do a deal with the Tigers which involves TPJ in exchange for Simpkin and Billy Walters.
How legitimate is your source. I’m just curious, if so what interest is there from the tigers end on the exchange

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
I am more wondering whether Gagai is coming then the most unlikely of swap deals to obtain Simpkin and Walters

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
According to the SMH, we are paying Capewell 1.8m and wouldn’t have been cap compliant for next season unless we released lodge.

Despite the fact that we apparently started the year $600k under the cap after releasing McCullough, allegedly had $500k to offer Coates, have Jack Bird & Milford completely off our books next year, and have a dozen off contract. Even accounting for the $350k we are apparently paying for lodge to play for the Warriors, it just doesn’t stack up.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
According to the SMH, we are paying Capewell 1.8m and wouldn’t have been cap compliant for next season unless we released lodge.

Despite the fact that we apparently started the year $600k under the cap after releasing McCullough, allegedly had $500k to offer Coates, have Jack Bird & Milford completely off our books next year, and have a dozen off contract. Even accounting for the $350k we are apparently paying for lodge to play for the Warriors, it just doesn’t stack up.

That's because the SMH and the media know SFA about our cap situation ... they're using tried and true click bait

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Although player privacy is a matter, I think that player values should be released to the public
I don't think it's a privacy matter at all. Many many workers have known wages. For example every single retail worker, every CEO, politicians, government workers, nurses, bulk billed doctors, the list goes on and on.

The NRL should have done this as soon as the cap was introduced, all salaries and third party sponsorship should be transparent. What a player earns from their own private sponsorship can be secret.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
It's high level negotiations.

Broncos: He's free to go
Tigers: We'll take him
Broncos: He's not leaving
Tigers: We didn't want him anyway.
Broncos: Kevvie announces he’s free to go
Tigers: we’ll take him for 400k a year
Broncos: Kevvie announces he’s not leaving now
Tigers: publicly announce they are not interested anymore
Broncos: Kevvie announces he now wants to extend his contract
Tigers: we’ll take him
Broncos: thought so!
Kevvie: where’s tevita?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Broncos: Kevvie announces he’s free to go
Tigers: we’ll take him for 400k a year
Broncos: Kevvie announces he’s not leaving
Tigers: publicly announce they are not interested
Broncos: Kevvie announces he wants to extend his contract
Tigers: we’ll take him
Broncos: thought so!
Kevvie: where’s tevita?

Tigers and Broncos agree to terms for an immediate release.

Kevvie: I’m announcing Tevita is staying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncoFan94
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Aldo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Brocko
  • Allo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • scobie
  • Mustafur
  • lynx000
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • Cavalo
  • bb_gun
  • broncs30
  • Maddy
  • Morkel
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.