Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the obsession with chasing Smith, when Grant is also off contract? If we are going to chase a big name for 9, we might as well have a crack at the best, and that is Grant.
Only reason I say Smith is because he's come and out said at the start of the year he wants to move to qld and he was second choice for abit. But absolutely ask questions about both I'd happily take either one but I think there would be more of a chance landing Smith over grant. All depends on who the storm lock down first I guess

Kids in school these days suffer from being called the wrong pronoun, it's just a soft generation.

It's OK to call Polynesian people/players in general big, skillful, kind, respectful etc etc but don't dare call them lazy? Give me a break.
Nah mate, the only thing that's lazy is putting people in a box like that.

But you are right about Harry Grant. Let's get him!

What is the obsession with chasing Smith, when Grant is also off contract? If we are going to chase a big name for 9, we might as well have a crack at the best, and that is Grant.
You would definitely make an offer to both.

Best case scenario would be get one and make melbourne pay overs for the other.

Now I get it, as some of you have so eloquently explained on here...just like how Eddie McGuire was just 'stereotyping' Indigenous footballers.
Tenor

Just reflecting on todays game, i'd still like us to keep Staggs in the centres and develop or buy a 6. Be it Nikorima or someone else.

I get wanting Staggs to have the ball more I really do, I just don't think long term it's going to be the best outcome for us
i really hope the club keeps gamble around and challenges him next year to improve his game and keep staggs out of the no.6 i think we need someone with his energy in our side.

i really hope the club keeps gamble around and challenges him next year to improve his game and keep staggs out of the no.6 i think we need someone with his energy in our side.

Gamble is an absolute legend in my books. He gives shit to the other team. He looks broken when we lose. He's angry when he msses up. He's a freekin Queenslander too. Every other team fan hates him.

He is a great tackler compared to most halves, his kicking game isn't the worst and he takes on the line and passes like Ben Hunt used to.

100% I want to see him somewhere in 17 next year. His passion and trash talk is what the team needs.

just on Gamble ... any word on what's happening with him ... I know we offered him a contract for next year, but haven't heard any movement

Today's game makes me think that Niu can certainly make a fist of the fullback spot in the short term and we have enough options for the six, so we REALLY need a 9, that is the difference for me as to whether we are an outside contender next year or just a mid-range team. Donuts and team are going to need to get creative now Hodgson seems off the table.
He had a great game mostly but he is really concerning under the highball.

Yep you’re right. Looks like Kennedy is signed also fir 2022.
Not sure why, but I had him as only signed for this year.
He's on a 100k a season in 2022 according to Big Pete. Mind you, I think BP's full of shit !!

Because Smith can be moved to lock and mozer can come into the 9 if or when he's ready.

Gamble is an absolute legend in my books. He gives shit to the other team. He looks broken when we lose. He's angry when he msses up. He's a freekin Queenslander too. Every other team fan hates him.

He is a great tackler compared to most halves, his kicking game isn't the worst and he takes on the line and passes like Ben Hunt used to.

100% I want to see him somewhere in 17 next year. His passion and trash talk is what the team needs.
Gamble has some horrid defensive lapses in him, I wouldn't be calling him a great tackler.
Because Smith can be moved to lock and mozer can come into the 9 if or when he's ready.
So you want to sign a big name 9, who is interested in leaving his current club because he doesn't want to play lock, because he can be moved to lock?

Gamble has some horrid defensive lapses in him, I wouldn't be calling him a great tackler.

So you want to sign a big name 9, who is interested in leaving his current club because he doesn't want to play lock, because he can be moved to lock?
Yep because I see him as a stop gap , and not the type of 9 we want moving forward.

Everyone wants Grant but I think it is very unlikely he leaves the storm.

Yep because I see him as a stop gap , and not the type of 9 we want moving forward.
Smith is a great 9 in my view. Not as good as Grant but I think he has said his body is shaped to play 13 and a preseason preparing it for 9 will get him even better at 9. We are starting to see his 9 skills now he has a had a solid run. Top 5 nine if he plays there permanently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Lozza
  • mystico
  • Allo
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Hurrijo
  • Locky24
  • pennywisealfie
  • Jedhead
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.