Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
It will be interesting to see what happens. I'd love to get either of Watson or Mann (or even both) but if both Hetherington and Gamble stay and Walters comes in, I think that all three are probably suited best to the 13 role.

Unless you take a Gamble at lock, a Hetherington at hooker and a Walters to join other Walters on the extended bench.

HarryAllan7

HarryAllan7

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
Gamble could make a real team-inspiring, fiery lock who provides some real ball playing options in the middle of the field. Very similar to Victor Radley for the Chooks.

Could get involved at dummy half too - would neutralise our weakness at 9, provide a 3rd kicking option outside the halves and could ball-play and link both sides of the field.

I'd love to see it.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
Yep because I see him as a stop gap , and not the type of 9 we want moving forward.
You don't pay the type of money he will be demanding for a stop gap player. He will be getting huge offers from clubs like Titans and Dogs.

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
Gamble could make a real team-inspiring, fiery lock who provides some real ball playing options in the middle of the field. Very similar to Victor Radley for the Chooks.

Could get involved at dummy half too - would neutralise our weakness at 9, provide a 3rd kicking option outside the halves and could ball-play and link both sides of the field.

I'd love to see it.
Just on the kicking option at 9..I sat and watched Turpin practice kicking to the corner out of dummy half for what felt like 10mins pre game, and then he doesnt even try it once. I would love to see him try it more in game as it would definitely be unexpected.

Allo

Allo

International Rep
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
Just on the kicking option at 9..I sat and watched Turpin practice kicking to the corner out of dummy half for what felt like 10mins pre game, and then he doesnt even try it once. I would love to see him try it more in game as it would definitely be unexpected.
He does it maybe once a game, and it always ends up being better than most of the halves kicking.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
That's not a Gamble.

That's money in the bank!

My favourite player atm. All the fiestiness of TPJ, with none of the suspensions and cost.
And 10% of the talent.
You do for a very good hooker while your gun one coming through is still 2+ years away.
If he is such a gun and only 2 years away we might as well just stick with Turpin, and use the 600+ that Smith will be asking on a fullback or a 6.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018

I'd love to see it.
I disagree with the 9 bit. Turpin defence alone would outway every bit of what he’d bring from passion to the actual role

simplythebest

simplythebest

NRL Player
May 22, 2014
I wouldn't mind seeing Gamble bulk up a little and play 13. Could have Hetherington on the bench to roate into 13/ backup dummy half.

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
What’s the word on Woods? Is the club seriously looking?
I thought it sounded like bullshit at first but a few people are talking about it?? Please tell me we’re not..?

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
I disagree with the 9 bit. Turpin defence alone would outway every bit of what he’d bring from passion to the actual role
If the club is genuinely looking at a 9, I hope Turpin adds on some weight and is used at lock. He has the ball playing, which he showed when he played 7 last year, and he is our best middle defender.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
And 10% of the talent.

If he is such a gun and only 2 years away we might as well just stick with Turpin, and use the 600+ that Smith will be asking on a fullback or a 6.

We'd just be going in circles here if we continue this discussion. You and I have very different views on Turpin. B.Smith is such a massive upgrade it isn't funny and I think Niu can add more to the side moving forward than Turpin can. Plus, we have Cobbo as well, so we are not destitute at fullback.

Turpin had a good game this week and he always does after a break. He'll have another good game in our next match because it is after a bye and there will once again be a massive decline. I'd much prefer a gun hooker who I'm going to get 8/10 games week in, week out and yes, I am willing to pay for it because you don't skimp out at 9 these days.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
We'd just be going in circles here if we continue this discussion. You and I have very different views on Turpin. B.Smith is such a massive upgrade it isn't funny and I think Niu can add more to the side moving forward than Turpin can. Plus, we have Cobbo as well, so we are not destitute at fullback.

Turpin had a good game this week and he always does after a break. He'll have another good game in our next match because it is after a bye and there will once again be a massive decline. I'd much prefer a gun hooker who I'm going to get 8/10 games week in, week out and yes, I am willing to pay for it because you don't skimp out at 9 these days.
Totally agree with you.. we're not getting a first class fullback because there is no way any club would let theirs go i think our only chance would be ponga for over a mill or if Walsh gets homesick, otherwise we're just getting a fringe first grader that's only going to have minor improvements.. Nui, Cobbo and even throw Herbie in that mix 3 players under 21 to develop in that role.
Everything starts with the 9 so having a first class player in that position is everything.. there is still room for both smith and another hooker/utility off the bench. But Turpin can easily be turned into a ball playing lock that can get through a mountain of work in defence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
  • Financeguy
  • MrMoore
  • Scorchie
  • Santa
  • BruiserMk1
  • Yem
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.