Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
As much of an idiot as he may be, I'm just going to say it.

It won't happen but Vaughan wouldn't be the worst signing, hopefully would come cheap if his contract gets torn up, and you just know that it's something the Roosters and co in Sydney are waiting to pounce on.

For once I'd love us to be that club that swoops in on a situation like this, but again it won't happen.

His motor and output alongside Haas would be the go forward we could play off the back of for sure.
However his attitude and discipline seem to be what we are trying to cull from the club, so maybe that outweighs the pros.
Aren’t we trying to get rid of the dickheads?

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Completely agree with you… we were Glenn away from having a dick head less side on the weekend. Off the field they can’t be a dick, though you can be a dick on it for all I care.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Are we sensing a Tesi Niu off-contract story from Badel this week?
If tesi was to even mention "exploring options" I'd say cya later immediately. I wouldn't go much, if at all, past minimum wage for him. His game on the weekend was a 7/10, the rest have been 3-6/10. He has a lot of issues at fullback and I don't see him getting a fullback spot in the next 10 year's at any other club, and he is the worst defensive centre in the NRL so if his manager gets him to sign elsewhere haha good luck playing more then 30 NRL games in your career

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Watson would be a perfect fit with Turpin if we aren’t going after a 9 and waiting for Macca to be ready in a year or two.
Im pretty confident he would come fairly cheap Newcastle have previously explored options to move him on. Imagine the heart and ticker between Watson, Turpin, gamble and Haas. Sure 3/4 aren’t the best player in their position however the heart and desire to win would be unquestioned.

thenry

thenry

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
BSmith could be a 2 horse race in 2022/23 (3 if Brisbane Plastics get the go ahead, but that's starting to look a bit shaky).

Apparently his family have moved to SEQ and he wants to head to SEQ as well... might want to make the move after spending most of last year on the Sunny Coast instead dreary Melbourne.

Grant would be much harder to pry away, only because the storm will absolutely prioritise his signature. I daresay it will be a higher priority than Munster when 2023 rolls around.

Paps could even be prioritised over Munster when you consider that Hughes is killing it for them in the halves.

I'd say Harry is already the best 9 in the game and he very well could become the best player in the game in a few years. Storm will have a ton of cash saved up for him, and about the only thing that could get him out is if they have a lull after Bellamy and/or him just wanting to get out of Victoria.

We could very well go after BSmith and Munster for 2023 if we save our pennies correctly.

Brisbane Plastics are a threat for Munster given some of them have already floated it out there... if the plastics get deferred to 2024 and Munster signs a 12 month extension that could be the writing on the wall for us getting him (unless he wants a bidding war), but Munster would be a huge, and possible, get for us.
No to Munster. Too much coin. Will look much worse in a lesser side.

BooKhaki

BooKhaki

NRL Player
Sep 16, 2020
We'd just be going in circles here if we continue this discussion. You and I have very different views on Turpin. B.Smith is such a massive upgrade it isn't funny and I think Niu can add more to the side moving forward than Turpin can. Plus, we have Cobbo as well, so we are not destitute at fullback.

Turpin had a good game this week and he always does after a break. He'll have another good game in our next match because it is after a bye and there will once again be a massive decline. I'd much prefer a gun hooker who I'm going to get 8/10 games week in, week out and yes, I am willing to pay for it because you don't skimp out at 9 these days.
The whole point of the response wasn't even about Turpin himself, it's that you're going to be paying all this money for this gun hooker, but only want him at 9 for 2 years, then moving him to 13, a position he is leaving his current club to avoid playing. If this young fella coming through is so good, and will take over at 9 soon, then that huge portion of the salary cap should be used to get a gun 1/6 to help build the club for 5-8 years, instead of just a fill in at 9. Niu is not the answer at fullback, and Staggs isn't going to work at 6, these are much more pressing issues.

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
Yes but if this was a one off and he hasn’t caused any previous problems we should look to sign him on a cheap deal for next year.
We just have to do some due diligence.
Won’t hurt to have a look at him,

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Anyone keen on Paul vaughn should dragons sack him?

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
he just got done for being a dumb shit off the field why would we go and risk having that shit happen again?
Because people learn from their mistakes! Lodge, Haas?

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Because people learn from their mistakes! Lodge, Haas?
We are not a club currently in the right space to take a punt on players with off field behavior problems. The only clubs that could afford to do that are like the storm, penrith, parra and souths. And Vaughns only a run of the mill prop, hardly someone worth bending over to accommodate.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
And he hasn't. Last year he got busted for breaking COVID protocols by being Vaughn Incognito and he has done it again.
Mmmm, 50g might be enough incentive! If you imagine that the NRL might have said anymore nonsense and you're gone well...

He's a pretty classy footballer on the field and a chastised Vaughan on a cut rate appeals. I mean he wasn't bashing people, stomping heads or raping afterall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Strop
  • Lostboy
  • Footy Fanatic
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • mitch222
  • winslow_wong
  • Culhwch
  • leon.bott
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.