Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're going hard for a 9 it should be Grant. He is absolutely elite and everything you'd want in a 9.

We should be offering Grant 1M X 4 years. If nothing else Melbourne should pay out of their arses to keep him. They target our juniors we developed, we should reply in kind.
I doubt that would happen. After the Anthony Milford contract, Broncos management after very cautious offering million dollar contract to players. Because when it fails to work out, you get burnt very badly for years.

The Woods vs Vaughan conundrum in terms of signing an experienced prop is actually quite difficult, they're very similar players. Vaughan makes more metres & tackles at a higher efficiency, in fewer minutes, but Woods has the advantage of being a capable & willing offloader.

Vaughan (30) - 15 games, 49.9 minutes per game, 13.6 average hit-ups, 136 averaging running metres, 0.2 offloads per game, 31.5 tackles per game @ 98% efficiency.

Woods (30) - 14 games, 53.1 minutes per game, 11.9 average hit-ups, 121 averaging running metres, 0.9 offloads per game, 27.4 tackles per game @ 94% efficiency.

I'd marginally lean towards Vaughan based on the numbers.

Not really a huge fan of recruiting more NSW players :ohheded:

I would prefer to get hold of someone like Lindsay Collins... or maybe see how cheap Napa is and try to get him back to his best.
Funny enough. Dylan Napa also breached covid protocols as well last week although his breach wasn't as serious as Paul Vaughan. It will be interesting what happens to Dylan Napa. Pretty sure he is off contract after this season and the Bulldogs won't be resigning him.

I've read he has bought a new apartment in Sydney Bondi just recently though. Which may be a sign he is not looking to depart Sydney.

No to Munster. Too much coin. Will look much worse in a lesser side.
In my opinion the club can see, that Staggs could provide a very similar style to Munster, strong disruptive ball runner who can cause off the cuff havoc. It remains to be seen if he has the required kicking and passing skillset to be
a complete package

I thought Ah Mau was nearly 35 years old but turns out he's 31. Wouldn't be the worst option at all, could form a nice front row pairing with Haas.
He would be good off the bench, you need the experience on the field across a whole game.

1. Tesi Niu
2. Corey Oates
3. Herbie Farnworth
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Jordan Pereira
6. Gareth Widdop*
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Payne Haas
9. Matt Parcell*
10. Leeson Ah Mau*
11. Kurt Capewell
12. Jordan Riki
13. Patrick Carrigan
-------------------
14. Brendan Piakura
15. Ethan Bullemor
16. Darryn Schonig*
17. Thomas Flegler

New signing not yet signed = *

Really won't take much to get the team back in shape and on track. Capewell and Reynolds are good signings so far. I am resigned to the fact that we will probably be losing Tevita.
The starting 3 signings can **** right off don’t mind schonig

Not really a huge fan of recruiting more NSW players :ohheded:

I would prefer to get hold of someone like Lindsay Collins... or maybe see how cheap Napa is and try to get him back to his best.
Lindsay has resigned till 2026 (end of)

In my opinion we are not in desperate need of a big named middle like Vaughn we need an experienced front rower who fits into our cultural scheme. Whilst woods isn’t great on any levels he fits into that far greater than Vaughn does and like it has been said would come at a fraction of the cost. Not saying I want woods either it’s just that I don’t think Paul Vaughn is the right man to be picking up when you appear to have a cultural issue that is slowly on the mend

The starting 3 signings can **** right off don’t mind schonig
They are fairly interchangeable. Widdop could really elevate our side when in combination with Reynolds.. I doubt he'd be overly expensive.. Maybe 500k? That's half of what Milf is on. His Dad has always been a Broncos supporter and I think Widdop was when he was a kid. None of those signings break the bank. A two year deal would be worthwhile imo. I guess it's a matter of how quickly we want to become premiership contenders. I'm not sure that Adam Reynolds can do it all by himself.

They are fairly interchangeable. Widdop could really elevate our side when in combination with Reynolds.. I doubt he'd be overly expensive.. Maybe 500k? That's half of what Milf is on. His Dad has always been a Broncos supporter and I think Widdop was when he was a kid. None of those signings break the bank. A two year deal would be worthwhile imo. I guess it's a matter of how quickly we want to become premiership contenders. I'm not sure that Adam Reynolds can do it all by himself.

Edit: Do not post News Limited articles

Even with Widdop, even if he actually plays well, the Broncos would be way, way off being premiership contenders for a while.

Even with Widdop, even if he actually plays well, the Broncos would be way, way off being premiership contenders for a while.
Would be Top 8 contenders at least. Our spine has been a major issue. What's the point of doing any work as a forward when the spine can't capitalise on any of it?

I forgot we signed Brenko Lee. Do we think he will definitely be in the centres or could he play backrow? 190cms tall and 105kgs in weight.

Edit: Quoted a deleted post
His dad is a broncos fanatic right? Of course he’d want his son to play for the broncos. I thought I saw somewhere that Widdop wants to stay in the Uk anyway

Was based on the idea that the Staints chipped in a big chunk. Be nice for a change.
I don't think the Saints would need to chip in anything to get rid of him.
After this latest indiscretion they'd be able to sack him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dreaglor
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bucking Beads
  • RolledOates
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dash
  • bb_gun
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • BruiserMk1
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.