Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Mmmm, 50g might be enough incentive! If you imagine that the NRL might have said anymore nonsense and you're gone well...

He's a pretty classy footballer on the field and a chastised Vaughan on a cut rate appeals. I mean he wasn't bashing people, stomping heads or raping afterall.
Not really a huge fan of recruiting more NSW players :ohheded:

I would prefer to get hold of someone like Lindsay Collins... or maybe see how cheap Napa is and try to get him back to his best.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Not really a huge fan of recruiting more NSW players :ohheded:

I would prefer to get hold of someone like Lindsay Collins... or maybe see how cheap Napa is and try to get him back to his best.
Totally understand that. I like his style of play but I get it. I just think if we got a good financial deal it might be a worthwhile gamble. Anyway, all very hypothetical .

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Totally understand that. I like his style of play but I get it. I just think if we got a good financial deal it might be a worthwhile gamble. Anyway, all very hypothetical .

I can see where you are coming from sure but then I think he would need time to show he has learned from his mistakes and between now and the end of this season, I am not sure that is long enough.

Talent wise you'd take him but do you want to take this risk after years of having seemingly similar type high risk players? I don't think it is right for us as a club at this time.

If I had to choose (in the hypothetical scenario for some reason), I'd much prefer Woods.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Yeah, I don't think he'd come very cheap though. I don't think he'll be taking less than 450k. I rate him as a player but not really who I want to see in the Broncos jersey

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
I can see where you are coming from sure but then I think he would need time to show he has learned from his mistakes and between now and the end of this season, I am not sure that is long enough.

Talent wise you'd take him but do you want to take this risk after years of having seemingly similar type high risk players? I don't think it is right for us as a club at this time.

If I had to choose (in the hypothetical scenario for some reason), I'd much prefer Woods.
Noooo, not the marshmallow man.. Not Woods... Please.. No..

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008

Woods or Vaughan...mmmmmm! It'd be V all day long. I'd just love to have 'VINCE' bashing it up after Haas. Mind you, if Vince came it might hurt my boy Rhys's chances of claiming Lodges spot so on reflection, **** no😂

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016

The guys highlighted are worth a buy at the right price. I really rate Schonig, he'd be my number one target.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Yeah, I don't think he'd come very cheap though. I don't think he'll be taking less than 450k. I rate him as a player but not really who I want to see in the Broncos jersey
Was based on the idea that the Staints chipped in a big chunk. Be nice for a change.

HarryAllan7

HarryAllan7

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
BSmith could be a 2 horse race in 2022/23 (3 if Brisbane Plastics get the go ahead, but that's starting to look a bit shaky).

Apparently his family have moved to SEQ and he wants to head to SEQ as well... might want to make the move after spending most of last year on the Sunny Coast instead dreary Melbourne.

Grant would be much harder to pry away, only because the storm will absolutely prioritise his signature. I daresay it will be a higher priority than Munster when 2023 rolls around.

Paps could even be prioritised over Munster when you consider that Hughes is killing it for them in the halves.

I'd say Harry is already the best 9 in the game and he very well could become the best player in the game in a few years. Storm will have a ton of cash saved up for him, and about the only thing that could get him out is if they have a lull after Bellamy and/or him just wanting to get out of Victoria.

We could very well go after BSmith and Munster for 2023 if we save our pennies correctly.

Brisbane Plastics are a threat for Munster given some of them have already floated it out there... if the plastics get deferred to 2024 and Munster signs a 12 month extension that could be the writing on the wall for us getting him (unless he wants a bidding war), but Munster would be a huge, and possible, get for us.

After a history of head knocks, paps had a slight head knock earlier in the year and has been out for literally months - still experiencing pretty serious symptoms.

He's one concussion away from the end of his career, and letting a player like Munster go to sign Paps who could play his last ever game on any given week is a HUGE risk.

It's going to be interesting to see how Melb approach it.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
View attachment 13950

The guys highlighted are worth a buy at the right price. I really rate Schonig, he'd be my number one target.
Leeson Ah Mau is a much better player than he gets recognition for. Tolman for the right money was probably worth a shot a year ago, might still get a good year or two more out of him even at this point and culturually he'd be excellent for the place.

Mum-the-meatloaf

Mum-the-meatloaf

QCup Player
Dec 6, 2019
I understand the roster overhaul, but I hope they also have a finger on 2024 onwards.

They need to inform the young guns of the planned attrition and keep them.

I'd hate to see some good short term signings put us back where we are in a handful of years.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Leeson Ah Mau is a much better player than he gets recognition for. Tolman for the right money was probably worth a shot a year ago, might still get a good year or two more out of him even at this point and culturually he'd be excellent for the place.
I thought Ah Mau was nearly 35 years old but turns out he's 31. Wouldn't be the worst option at all, could form a nice front row pairing with Haas.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
After a history of head knocks, paps had a slight head knock earlier in the year and has been out for literally months - still experiencing pretty serious symptoms.

He's one concussion away from the end of his career, and letting a player like Munster go to sign Paps who could play his last ever game on any given week is a HUGE risk.

It's going to be interesting to see how Melb approach it.
You mean Hynes?

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
1. Tesi Niu
2. Corey Oates
3. Herbie Farnworth
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Jordan Pereira
6. Gareth Widdop*
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Payne Haas
9. Matt Parcell*
10. Leeson Ah Mau*
11. Kurt Capewell
12. Jordan Riki
13. Patrick Carrigan
-------------------
14. Brendan Piakura
15. Ethan Bullemor
16. Darryn Schonig*
17. Thomas Flegler

New signing not yet signed = *

Really won't take much to get the team back in shape and on track. Capewell and Reynolds are good signings so far. I am resigned to the fact that we will probably be losing Tevita.

N

Nightwatchman

NYC Player
Aug 16, 2016

Nah Aaron Woods has been an after thought for years. Talent wise I would much prefer Paul Vaughan. I doubt the Broncos management would go for it though. They have pretty much had it with players causing headaches. I'm not saying its been all bad, but the way Tevita Pangai jnr run them around in circles. I just don't think they would go for Vaughan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Culhwch
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • eggstar10
  • Tim K
  • Waynesaurus
  • Harry Sack
  • Shane Tronc
  • theshed
  • Mustafur
  • Fozz
  • Swordfish
  • BruiserMk1
  • whykickamoocow
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.