Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
DanG

DanG

NRL Player
May 10, 2019
Who's going to support Reynolds though? If we don't sign a decent 1, 6 or 9 to help out then we'll be wasting time.
to me he is just another bloke who has broken a contract once and i cant forgive him, i understand its for family reason's he did it but did RTS kick up a stink when he hadn't seen his family in nearly a year and a bit. it just shows the character of the bloke and we don't need him, same goes with Vaughn dont need him, shit attitude

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
to me he is just another bloke who has broken a contract once and i cant forgive him, i understand its for family reason's he did it but did RTS kick up a stink when he hadn't seen his family in nearly a year and a bit. it just shows the character of the bloke and we don't need him, same goes with Vaughn dont need him, shit attitude
By that logic you should stop supporting the Broncos for all the contracts they have been breaking with players..

DanG

DanG

NRL Player
May 10, 2019
By that logic you should stop supporting the Broncos for all the contracts they have been breaking with players..
what do you mean? widdop wanted out of his contract because he was home sick, the broncos breaking contracts now is to get themselves out of salary cap cap trouble, which lodges contract was overseen by a different CEO, Head of football and coach

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
what do you mean? widdop wanted out of his contract because he was home sick, the broncos breaking contracts now is to get themselves out of salary cap cap trouble, which lodges contract was overseen by a different CEO, Head of football and coach
So why the double standards on your behalf? Remember we signed Milford because Raiders released him to be with his Father in Brisbane. I'm sure you weren't complaining then.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Widdop is staying in England, he isnt coming back here i wouldnt have thought.

If the Storm dont want to keep Schonig, then i doubt he is worth chasing. He wouldnt be taking much room under the cap so unless he wants a move back to Queensland for family ( and seeing as he is from Cooktown i doubt Brisbane would be much of a pull for him ) i dont see why he would leave Melbourne. Like i said, if they are willing to let him leave, i'd steer well clear of him.

In terms of Props, we really should have been Nicholls, Tolman or Liu, but of course the latter is off to the GC now. We need some experience, we have plenty of younger talent.

I'd still suggest we need another back rowers as well. We have nothing really to play for now so i feel we should give Frei a run. There are still some decent pickups to be had in the ISC i think. Jordan Grant is another but i think the bloody Storm have their hands on him now.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016

If the Storm dont want to keep Schonig, then i doubt he is worth chasing. He wouldnt be taking much room under the cap so unless he wants a move back to Queensland for family ( and seeing as he is from Cooktown i doubt Brisbane would be much of a pull for him ) i dont see why he would leave Melbourne. Like i said, if they are willing to let him leave, i'd steer well clear of him.

In terms of Props, we really should have been Nicholls, Tolman or Liu, but of course the latter is off to the GC now. We need some experience, we have plenty of younger talent.

I'd still suggest we need another back rowers as well. We have nothing really to play for now so i feel we should give Frei a run. There are still some decent pickups to be had in the ISC i think. Jordan Grant is another but i think the bloody Storm have their hands on him now.
Isaac Liu is going to the Titans?

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017

You dont see Capewell, Riki, Piakura and Robati as sufficient Edge coverage for 2022?

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
You do understand Kennedy can't play Prop on his own right?
yep, and hes really looking the goods now....hes a keeper.

If i can make a argument against securing a "experienced" prop in the market..

I dont believe we need it. The balance of our forwards is now much better and more in line with the best teams.

Haas, Flegs, Paddy & Kennedy are your prop rotation.

Then we now have a group of backrowers who offer different things (though yet to see what Paikura can offer yet...).

The leg speed of Bullemor.
The line running of Riki.
The hard running, light stepping with a decent offload of Capewell.
Edge running and offloading of Robati.

For mine, the one glaring area there is at 13. Is it Hetherington, or Gamble, or someone else?

Gambles a footballer, he plays what is in front of him & makes the right read. Hes a 13 for me in the current game.

He can run the short side whilst Reynolds and Staggs cause havoc on the right...

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
i dont think Peacheys going back to the Titans....

And no, i dont think we should lose any sleep not pursuing him either...

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
If Nikorima wants back in Brisbane ... then i would definitely make him an offer, especially if he is only on the 470k the CM claim (in their rich list).

Nikorima and Milford didn't work together as a halves pairing ... but Niko could work extremely well with Reynolds.

I'd keep Staggs at center as he is just so devastating there ... but i would allow him to play a bit like Hodges did and have sort of a roving commission in attack

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
If Nikorima wants back in Brisbane ... then i would definitely make him an offer, especially if he is only on the 470k the CM claim (in their rich list).

Nikorima and Milford didn't work together as a halves pairing ... but Niko could work extremely well with Reynolds.

I'd keep Staggs at center as he is just so devastating there ... but i would allow him to play a bit like Hodges did and have sort of a roving commission in attack
Nikorima works as a Utility/Impact Dummy Half too. He's got a lot to offer the Broncos in terms of depth across our spine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
  • Redfern_1980
  • easybreezy
  • broncotville
  • Fatboy
  • kiwibronco
  • Xzei
  • broncs30
  • Big Del
  • Santa
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.