Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
the courier mail just put an end to that rumour ... they published a top 100 rich list and Flegler (nor Carrigan) was on it.

that means Flegler (and Carrigan) is on less than $423k which was the lowest paid on the list
With all due respect, the courier mail have no fucking idea what any player is on because the figures aren’t publicised by the nrl or clubs
They are purely speculative and always have been

With all due respect, the courier mail have no fucking idea what any player is on because the figures aren’t publicised by the nrl or clubs
They are purely speculative and always have been
I agree. But the question is why do they publish speculative articles with inflated figures at the time and then come up with dramatically different figures in an article like this? I will give you a clue. It might just be that they are lying ***** so why do we hang on every crumb they say?

I think that was either back end of last year or early this year.

They were rumoured to have targetted Coates, Staggs and Piakura.. I'd say they were mostly after Piakura or Coates.

Mal had mentioned wanting Niu last year, because he had come through GC schools... therefore making him a titans junior... although when PBC and Keebra Park are two of the best league schools in qld I'd imagine a fair few qld'rs from all over the state go through those schools.

Mal also mentioned that he was keen on Reece Walsh after claiming he was a titans junior even though I believe he's from Rocky and just went to school on the GC.
Tesi went to Marsden High with TC Robati and played for Forest Lake in the junior's so born and bred brissie boy
Walsh born and bred goldy played juniors for Nerang and went to keebra.
Pretty sure Keebra is affiliated with the broncos
Mal will claim fifita as a titans junior too just because he went to school there but hes a brissie boy
You may be thinking of Deardon he was from up north Mackay I think and came down to go to school at GC

I agree. But the question is why do they publish speculative articles with inflated figures at the time and then come up with dramatically different figures in an article like this? I will give you a clue. It might just be that they are lying ***** so why do we hang on every crumb they say?
Some of them would undoubtedly have ties with player managers so would have some sort of idea, but I also have no doubt some of them are just totally fabricated. It would just make sense.

We'll give you inside information on contracts, players, you pump up our clients when we need some coverage.

A big no to vaughan from me. Last year he breached the covid bubble, denied it and attempted to conceal it by signing into the cafe under a different name.

He then organised this, encourages his team mates to breach the nrl and state rules, and to make matters worse arranges a meeting with attendees to cover it up. And is still lying based upon some other reports.

The statements he has had made a pretty much word for word what he said after his last breach. The only remorse he has now is due to the loss of a big bloody contract. Talking to kent he was avoidant of some questions and got upset as to how it affected him (the loss of a big fucking contract), not that it could have affected the rest of the comp or other peoples jobs, just him.

We do not need a player who has shown himself to be extremely selfish, deceitful and influential on the behaviour (negatively) of team mates.

Ive refrained from saying this for a long time as it can be viewed as racist/stereotyping..... but Penrith went through a very similar thing a decade + ago.

When you sign a certain culture of players and their backgrounds, you end up with a lot of inconsistent players who are prone to poor discipline and inconsistent performances. The talent and highs are great, but the day to day attitude sucks and bites you in the ass. I feel the club has made a lot of wrong decisions in this area.
You've refrained from saying this for a long time because deep down you know this is fucking racist bullshit. Unbelievable that this post remains in here days after being posted along with the other flops echoing this with their comments.

Chris Garry reporting that TPJ will be joining Dogs within the month. Just negotiating a deal they want him ASAP
It will be interesting to see what amount of coin we are tipping in, if any at all.
Personally i will be sad to see him go as i believe he is a huge talent going to waste.

110% no to Vaughn. If the club even considers it it shows they have learnt nothing.

*Pete, do not use this as an idea for your next made up bullshit*

Certainly hope so, if Fleggs is on more than 350, someone sold ice to eskimos. He's always looked like he could belong in the NRL but just lacks discipline and ball control to be considered even a high end forward. I think he's been absolutely flattered being in the extended QLD team given he's up and down performances. For mine Kennedy is a better player than Fleggs.
With Fifita out, very possible Flegler will see some gametime for QLD. Either from the bench or as reserve, probably the latter.

Great move.

This is a contract we really need to get right. He's got a bit of promise, but he's hardly a world beater yet. He'd still be basically the weakest Fullback starting for any of the 16 clubs regularly.

I'm not quite sure what an accurate valuation might be, but given we said no to Walsh for $300k you'd have to figure it's no higher than that. and hopefully quite a bit less to be honest.

My responses to last 7 pages:
- Napa: **** no
- Vaughan: **** no
- Widdop: YouTube scout at it again

I like the idea of gamble as a 13 but we will need both wingers to be capable of getting a lot of metres out of our end if so - farnworth and Oates probably our best candidates atm. I don’t think I’d start the season with him there though. So with that in mind we are probably one experienced middle short atm.

Screenshot 20210707 084625 Facebook

2 more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • BroncosAlways
  • Big Del
  • The Strapper
  • Dash
  • broncos4life
  • Santa
  • johnny plath
  • Midean
  • Foordy
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Behold
  • phoenix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.