Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with you.. Nui needs a fair bit of work.
The sharks game was his best yet the others were ok.. he scored a try against the raiders by kicking for himself on the second tackle turned out to be good but if it didn't come off he would of been getting hate like Issako. I'd resign him for 200-250 Max and wouldn't get in a bidding war for him. In my opinion our other 2 options have more potential in Cobbo and Herbie

I think he has some potential, but we shouldnt be overpaying him.

the courier mail just put an end to that rumour ... they published a top 100 rich list and Flegler (nor Carrigan) was on it.

that means Flegler (and Carrigan) is on less than $423k which was the lowest paid on the list
I could easily believe Carrigan was on 275/300 and Flegler 400. Would not surprise me and I never bought into the hysteria on here. I'd read here that Joffa was on 650, Flegler 600+, Lodge 800+, TPJ 500+, Kennedy on work experience!! No one on here knows unless they have a relative at the ATO.

Was Joffa on that list?

I'd resign Tesi on a 2 year deal at about $250k a year. He still needs a lot of development and in no way has he earned a contract worth more than that.
Fair. What should Kennedy be on and what do you think he's actually on? I know you didn't ask but I think he'd be on around 200 and worth 300/350. I mean I think he could effectively match Lodges contribution and we all know he was being paid at least 600 so Kennedy should at least be getting half 600.

I believe it’s all the more reason they should sign him. To his credit tevita owned up to his mistakes and took accountability, off the field he has been squeaky clean and he’s been far more mature than previous years. I’d much rather be signing the bloke who made the mistake others just have and took accountability then the ones in your team hiding under beds and running away from cops

He hasn't broken the law as such but he hasn't been perfect either. Brent Read said he did meet with the Tigers without the Broncos permission and then denied it to the Broncos when they know he did. It's why the Broncos are happy for him to move on.

Its not breaking covid protocol but then again its not the best way to conduct yourself either. And a prospective club might think twice about signing Tevita Pangai. As It was reported he reached out to the Roosters previously which was part of the reason the Broncos considered releasing him last year. And considering players not abiding by covid protocols may have harmed the Dragons season they may think Pangai is not worth the risk.

I could easily believe Carrigan was on 275/300 and Flegler 400. Would not surprise me and I never bought into the hysteria on here. I'd read here that Joffa was on 650, Flegler 600+, Lodge 800+, TPJ 500+, Kennedy on work experience!! No one on here knows unless they have a relative at the ATO.

Was Joffa on that list?
Certainly hope so, if Fleggs is on more than 350, someone sold ice to eskimos. He's always looked like he could belong in the NRL but just lacks discipline and ball control to be considered even a high end forward. I think he's been absolutely flattered being in the extended QLD team given he's up and down performances. For mine Kennedy is a better player than Fleggs.

He hasn't broken the law as such but he hasn't been perfect either. Brent Read said he did meet with the Tigers without the Broncos permission and then denied it to the Broncos when they know he did. It's why the Broncos are happy for him to move on.

Its not breaking covid protocol but then again its not the best way to conduct yourself either. And a prospective club might think twice about signing Tevita Pangai. As It was reported he reached out to the Roosters previously which was part of the reason the Broncos considered releasing him last year. And considering players not abiding by covid protocols may have harmed the Dragons season they may think Pangai is not worth the risk.
I know it's a long shot but I wonder if they are playing 4D chess with TPJ. If he can't get an offer, do you think he will humbly walk back hat in hand? lol, probably far fetched, but nice to dream.

the courier mail just put an end to that rumour ... they published a top 100 rich list and Flegler (nor Carrigan) was on it.

that means Flegler (and Carrigan) is on less than $423k which was the lowest paid on the list
Problem is it’s the same media you claim to not trust with figures and often scoff at figures reported by them.

Fair. What should Kennedy be on and what do you think he's actually on? I know you didn't ask but I think he'd be on around 200 and worth 300/350. I mean I think he could effectively match Lodges contribution and we all know he was being paid at least 600 so Kennedy should at least be getting half 600.

I think around $300k for Kennedy is about right tbh. I'd be surprised if he is on more than $250k, probably not that high. I thinks he's been quietly effective for us.

Certainly hope so, if Fleggs is on more than 350, someone sold ice to eskimos. He's always looked like he could belong in the NRL but just lacks discipline and ball control to be considered even a high end forward. I think he's been absolutely flattered being in the extended QLD team given he's up and down performances. For mine Kennedy is a better player than Fleggs.
At the moment Kennedy is a more complete package but as much as I like him Flegler has a greater upside in my opinion. It's mainly that Flegler looks to be a fair bit more mobile. Two things people should notice more is how many times Kennedy runs the hard decoy and how much effort he puts into marker chases. An observant fan should rewatch our most recent game but the big fella does try in every game.

At the moment Kennedy is a more complete package but as much as I like him Flegler has a greater upside in my opinion. It's mainly that Flegler looks to be a fair bit more mobile. Two things people should notice more is how many times Kennedy runs the hard decoy and how much effort he puts into marker chases. An observant fan should rewatch our most recent game but the big fella does try in every game.
He was immense on Sunday, tried his absolute guts out - exactly what you want from anyone who pulls on the jersey.

I know it's a long shot but I wonder if they are playing 4D chess with TPJ. If he can't get an offer, do you think he will humbly walk back hat in hand? lol, probably far fetched, but nice to dream.
I'm hoping like **** he stays. A chastised and hungry TPJ playing reggies and looking to increase his value for 23 might be fantastic for us. I really hope no one goes near him!

Tesi isnt a gun outside back for a start. They have an established, talented fullback in Brimson, they have a promising younger player in Campbell. Tesi isnt a winger, he hasnt shown any great talent at center and he hasnt even carved it up in ISC. Why would they want him unless they want to stockpile younger players? Makes no sense.
Spot on and they extended Herbert and Kelly as well for a few more years.

He was immense on Sunday, tried his absolute guts out - exactly what you want from anyone who pulls on the jersey.
Funny thing, aside from timing issues after a break I didn't think he'd done anything differently last game. In fact, he's had better games and in recent times. He just never seemed to get noticed. I had people on here telling me he was a terrible tackler and all sorts of negativity yet those cursed stats didn't agree😀 Again in the Sharks game I thought he played his normal game and I was hoping for a magic moment that everyone noticed. I suppose a good tackle into the ingoal was pretty good.

Problem is it’s the same media you claim to not trust with figures and often scoff at figures reported by them.

and the fact that they have massively contradicted themselves with this list proves I was right not to trust their figures.

Agree, I am worried Titans will poach him though. Mal did say they wanted one of our backs. Niu is the last one left that he would have been looking at. Coates signed with Storm, Walsh went to Warriors and Staggs re-signed.
Nah cant see titans going for him now... they've re-signed Brimsom for 5yr, have Jayden Campbell till 2023, Sexton just re-signed, they picked up Paul Turner from warriors for the next 2-3yrs and your boy Fogarty just re-signed as well I believe

Adding Niu to that would be overkill given they're mostly the same position ie. halves (mainly 6) or fullback

I can't help but feel Niu is going to be a miss long term, but Broncos don't really have a lot of options.

Nah cant see titans going for him now... they've re-signed Brimsom for 5yr, have Jayden Campbell till 2023, Sexton just re-signed, they picked up Paul Turner from warriors for the next 2-3yrs and your boy Fogarty just re-signed as well I believe

Adding Niu to that would be overkill given they're mostly the same position ie. halves (mainly 6) or fullback

@upthebroncs would know all this already to be fair, he has an uncanny knack to know almost everyone at every level of league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • Justwin
  • Ozired
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Johnny92
  • Lurker
  • Jedhead
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Spoon
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • FACTHUNT
  • rj9
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncs30
  • Organix
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.