Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to see how much Kobe progresses by season’s end before we go to market for another middle. The big question mark is Flegler - is he capable of stepping up next year? At this stage I’d say no, but the club seems to rate him highly. IMO he’s still living off his 2019 ISC form.

I am with everyone else that spine should be our priority. I did put forward Marty a month or 2 ago. I think he’d be a great mentor in the forwards as his career winds down but his price would need to reflect it. If absolutely no good spine options are on the market I’d be happy to front load Marty.

450k 2 years

Not sad at all about Niko. Good nostalgia factor but not the right fit for the current team unless he’s on Tyson Gamble money.
Yeah I don’t think we need niko at all since we have Kelly. Hopefully he can stay injury free from here on

I love that side but I just can’t see the club not playing Carrigan at 13. There’s almost 2 things that are inevitable Staggs at 6 and Carrigan at 13. I disagree he should but he will. In that case I think there are better middles than hetheringtin bench wise so we would either be looking at him utility or possibly missing out all together. It’s a tough but good problem but 2 of our better performers were palasia and Bullemor on the weekend and they don’t make the cut. Will be interesting to see what the bench is made up of next year
Your right mate i don't see them not playing carrigan at 13.. I'd say Kobe to bench and probably Kennedy into 8 at this stage.. paix out for gamble.
I can't see brenko Lee holding his spot all year unless he hits some form. If we have peirera him, mead or Issako may take a wing spot and cobbo move into the centres.
Depending on back end of the year form, pre season and contracts Nui may not be the starting fullback next year.
Then you've got palasia, bullemor and possibly xavier willison banging on the door too. Its good to start to see some good depth and competition for spots over the off season.

I’d like to see how much Kobe progresses by season’s end before we go to market for another middle. The big question mark is Flegler - is he capable of stepping up next year? At this stage I’d say no, but the club seems to rate him highly. IMO he’s still living off his 2019 ISC form.

Tend to agree with this although like Anthony Milford Kevin should give him every chance.

Tend to agree with this although like Anthony Milford Kevin should give him every chance.

How come this guy gets posted on here more than any other Twitter account, media included? His takes are some of the worst out there most of the time.

How come this guy gets posted on here more than any other Twitter account, media included? His takes are some of the worst out there most of the time.
But he is 100% on the money… a year down the track that could be a blessing for us… Another way to look at it is he could get so much confidence out of it that we don’t need to sign a new prop and also never have to talk about throwing him away for a quick buck

How so? In this case particularly.

How so? In this case particularly.
Not so much in this case, but I have seen his Tweets on here quite often, despite having quite a poor reputation among NRL fans on Twitter.

Reactions: Gaz
Not so much in this case, but I have seen his Tweets on here quite often, despite having quite a poor reputation among NRL fans on Twitter.
Don't know about that but I agree with his point and why I posted. Could have said the same thing without posting but it’s his point and that wouldn’t seem right.

I know flegler is very overpaid, but he will be great in a couple years time. Again the dickheads that gave him the big contract like they did with pretty much anyone that asked for money have failed him. I truely believe he has all the tools to become one of the best in the league. Mid 20s is when most props come into their own.

Do we need a prop at all? Am I the only one thinking we're better off just trying to make Flegler a week-to-week player, Carrigan comes back into the rotation next year and spend that money on a 5/8, centre or winger?

I don't see the value in buying a prop with our current roster and cap position.
Yeah I dont see us going for a premier prop... we literally just let one go and TPJ could have easily played prop for us as well, but we're happy to see the back of him as well.

I think Haas and Patty will be fine at prop with Flegs, Bull, Kennedy, Riki, Kobe, Palasia, etc. filling up the rest of the middle rotation. Also have Willison who seems to be next inline for promotion to the top 30.

I think if we do go for a prop it will be a cheap experienced one like Tolman... could even go Dunamis on the cheap.

Dont think we will look to go top end or trying to poach a junior from somewhere else.

I know flegler is very overpaid, but he will be great in a couple years time. Again the dickheads that gave him the big contract like they did with pretty much anyone that asked for money have failed him. I truely believe he has all the tools to become one of the best in the league. Mid 20s is when most props come into their own.

his wage of somewhere less than 423k is about right for him

Tom Starling looks like a good young (23) hooker on a low salary at the Raiders. Reminds me of a Damien Cook. His contract expires end of 2022. I'd prefer Starling over Hodgson, he has more upside potential and cheaper.

his wage of somewhere less than 423k is about right for him

Why are you giving this one random article that is full of wild speculation a higher level of credibility than the several other articles full of wild speculation that contradicts it?

Tom Starling looks like a good young (23) hooker on a low salary at the Raiders. Reminds me of a Damien Cook. His contract expires end of 2022. I'd prefer Starling over Hodgson, he has more upside potential and cheaper.

he won't be cheaper at the end of 2022 when he is up for renewal

Why are you giving this one random article that is full of wild speculation a higher level of credibility than the several other articles full of wild speculation that contradicts it?

because it is an anomaly that the CM and the rest of the rugby league media never do ... while they have a habit of contradicting themselves ... they always do it by increasing contract values, not by dropping them by over 200k.

and because everyone else tends to believe the higher value reports, so i'm going to do the opposite, since i believe they like to inflate wage values anyway

because it is an anomaly that the CM and the rest of the rugby league media never do ... while they have a habit of contradicting themselves ... they always do it by increasing contract values, not by dropping them by over 200k.

and because everyone else tends to believe the higher value reports, so i'm going to do the opposite, since i believe they like to inflate wage values anyway
Or maybe they’re just numpties who forgot about him?

I don’t really know or care what he’s on but acting sure either way is equally as stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Allo
  • Morkel
  • simplythebest
  • mrslong
  • Manofoneway
  • Waynesaurus
  • Behold
  • westy316
  • BruiserMk1
  • teampjta
  • Tim K
  • Gaz
  • LittleDavey
  • Wolfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Skathen
  • IceWorks
  • something
... and 36 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.