Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Herbie Farnworth

6. Cory Paix

7. Adam Reynolds

9. Kobe Hetherington

I actually think this could be a very competent spine without having to recruit anyone new.
So a 1, 6 and 9 who have all barely played any of those positions recently. Hetherington is a great middle but not an NRL standard hooker. Have you actually watched him play 9 before?
also Paix is finally starting to hit his straps at 9 - why would we move him back to 6 now?

So a 1, 6 and 9 who have all barely played any of those positions recently. Hetherington is a great middle but not an NRL standard hooker. Have you actually watched him play 9 before?
also Paix is finally starting to hit his straps at 9 - why would we move him back to 6 now?
I just think those 4 players would work well together in the spine. Can't underestimate the power of cohesion. I would have never started trying to turn Paix into a 9 aswell. Obviously, I'm just thinking of possibilities that maybe haven't been brought up in the forum before.

So we're pretty set on the fact that we believe Carrigan is a prop?

Who do we see as our lock in 2022?

Surely we won't give Asiata another deal?

I've been set on that from the start. He's only there pretty much because we dont have anyone else really. I'd like to see Hetherington there personally. I dont think there is anyone else on the books who could play that ball playing lock role i believe Kevvie wanted to use. If we just go with basically an extra front rower in the position, there are a few more option available then.

I've been set on that from the start. He's only there pretty much because we dont have anyone else really. I'd like to see Hetherington there personally. I dont think there is anyone else on the books who could play that ball playing lock role i believe Kevvie wanted to use. If we just go with basically an extra front rower in the position, there are a few more option available then.
In my mind Carrigan is very similar to Corey Parker. Parker was a fairly one dimensional prop when he started his career.. Carrigan needs to add an offload to his game if he wants to justify any large price tag or be more than just a prop.. I agree.

It could depend on what kind of game plan we go with next year though.. Could just run with 3 props in the middle and start Carrigan at lock. Could just replace him with Bullemor at the right time during the game in order to get that leg speed and explosiveness through the middle.

Right 🤔

There are probably hundreds of kids you could easily make the same claims about. I'm fairly sure you weren't going around watching under 11's Rugby league to find that out at the time. Which rep sides were they all playing in out of curiosity because I can't remember Tyson making any tbh and he's a player I've known about for over 10 years now and I can't even think of a decent rep side he has made apart from NSW residents. And I'm not having a pop at you, I genuinely don't know what rep sides he was making.
Maybe Met North if that or I think he might of made murrumba in under 10s or 12s. But totally different age group to ash Taylor, Milford and the likes. He wasn't a 'star' there were so many better players then him back then that obviously didn't have the drive to work harder, He wasn't a very big kid either when he was younger he lived behind my best mate and I went to school with his sister, he was a pest back then too.

Not too much talent out there in 2022 to sign for 2023 actually now that I'm looking at it. Anyone here we'd even want other than the current Broncos players?

View attachment 14070
Looks like a decent year for hookers. Smith, hodgson, mahoney, starling and the braileys are all pretty appealing.

I know we have one coming through the grades but he is still a couple years off.

If i were the club i would have my priority target and play games with the other clubs by just spreading rumours of our interest in their players in order to make other teams pay more to retain those players.

Looks like a decent year for hookers. Smith, hodgson, mahoney, starling and the braileys are all pretty appealing.

I know we have one coming through the grades but he is still a couple years off.

If i were the club i would have my priority target and play games with the other clubs by just spreading rumours of our interest in their players in order to make other teams pay more to retain those players.
Id be chasing hodgson if the wraps on the young guy coming thru are warranted someone for him to pick the brain of.

Curtis Scott anyone?

MerryPeriodicIlladopsis size restricted

Jayden Nikorima could be a dark horse for a 5/8 position if he finishes well in ISC. He was excellent for Redcliffe on the weekend, he has a great skill set for a 6 and Kevvie knows him well. He just needs his head screwed on

Last week was his first game in two years and he's never put together consistent ISC in his time at Reddy. Five games since 2019.

He's had problem after problem staying injury free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.