Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well, at least this will test out our theories about Broncos players being treated harsher by the NRL. Let’s wait and see what TPJ can get away with for the Panthers that would have got him 6 weeks in Broncos colours.

What is it with people so in denial about Staggs playing 6. The club has even admitted that it’s going to happen. So why keep going around it.
Who's in denial??

Quotes from Staggs.

"I've answered this question many times," Staggs said.

"Centre is my best position and I've said with a pre-season at five-eighth I might play there, but at the end of the day I'm focused on [playing] centre.

"If Kevvy puts me there he puts me there but I think centre is my main position and I'm thinking about staying there for this season and maybe next.

Cheers

Yeah but if you think about it like this
Milf has $250k left on his contract this season. If you move him on you still need to replace him in the 30 with a min wage player. What’s a quarter of min wage, like $27k?

well worth the extra 400k moving on TPJ, Milf, and Coates would get us. You out that cash straight toward paying off Lodge’s contract and our cap space looks heaps better next year.
But then you lose strength in your team and lose games, then people keep pointing fingers at the coach's.

He also has a really good head on his shoulders.

He's everything Carrigan wishes he was.
FB IMG 16262592042282

Quotes from Staggs.

"I've answered this question many times," Staggs said.

"Centre is my best position and I've said with a pre-season at five-eighth I might play there, but at the end of the day I'm focused on [playing] centre.

"If Kevvy puts me there he puts me there but I think centre is my main position and I'm thinking about staying there for this season and maybe next.

Hang on, weren’t we told be Badel et al that it was Staggs demanding to play 6 and wouldn’t re-sign without being promised it? **** they are disgusting liars.

Is Gagai any chance of playing fullback?

1. gagai
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Lee
5. Farnworth/cobbo
6. Kelly
7. Reynolds

?

Well, I’ll be very glad if Staggs stays at centre. We don’t really have time next year to bother with that experiment.

Hang on, weren’t we told be Badel et al that it was Staggs demanding to play 6 and wouldn’t re-sign without being promised it? **** they are disgusting liars.

I'm laughing at the figures in his current article where he talks about our chase of Gagai. he doesn't even sound like he's trying.

says that Gagai has been offered a 1 year 450k contract by Souths but we "may struggle to pay more than 400k"

We’ll plenty in the cap soon but **** all players. I keep telling myself that good things come to those that wait.

At what point does it start impacting our ability to build a top 30 squad??

Have we just been bumping 18yr olds up to fill in the role left by the top 30 player??

Is Gagai any chance of playing fullback?

1. gagai
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Lee
5. Farnworth/cobbo
6. Kelly
7. Reynolds

?

I think that is likely what our club is thinking yes. Lee is signed for two years right? So year 1 - 1. Gagai, 4. Lee

Year 2 - 1. Gagai/Cobbo, 4. Gagai, Depth - Lee

Year 3 - 1. Cobo, 4. Gagai, Lee - depth or gone

This may be totally wrong but something like this.

Yeah but if you think about it like this
Milf has $250k left on his contract this season. If you move him on you still need to replace him in the 30 with a min wage player. What’s a quarter of min wage, like $27k?

well worth the extra 400k moving on TPJ, Milf, and Coates would get us. You out that cash straight toward paying off Lodge’s contract and our cap space looks heaps better next year.
Except we've been paying freight on everyone that leaves anyway

I think that is likely what our club is thinking yes. Lee is signed for two years right? So year 1 - 1. Gagai, 4. Lee

Year 2 - 1. Gagai/Cobbo, 4. Gagai, Depth - Lee

Year 3 - 1. Cobo, 4. Gagai, Lee - depth or gone

This may be totally wrong but something like this.
Either that or he could just simply be Coates replacement on the wing. Staggs and Gagai as a combo I think would be quite solid. Gagai would definitely lift Staggs to the next level.

assuming we get Gagai ... this is the backline i'd love to see run out in round 1

1. Niu
2. Cobbo
3. Gagai
4. Staggs
5. Oates
6. Kelly
7. Reynolds

plenty of strike power in that backline IMO

Yep, if only we find a 9 or Paix comes along fast.

I wouldnt have said people like Hynes and Hughes were languishing in ISC. They were playing well enough but what they do a hell of a lot better than we do at the storm is make them develop in ISC before they play NRL. We dont.
Yeah but usually they’re basket cases that aren’t ‘young prodigies’ by the time they end up at the storm. A bloke like Trent Loiero is 20 and has played barely any reserve grade. He was a qld junior. If Howarth was playing well he would have had his opportunities as well. They cave just as easily as us with young “stars”, they just don’t have as many. They’re main tactic over the years has been bring through matured men with potential and work ethic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • LittleDavey
  • Scdeac
  • Big Del
  • Waynesaurus
  • mitch222
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • heartly87
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bish
  • Battler
  • achievedrap
  • Justwin
  • Broncorob
  • kiwi2
  • Foordy
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.