Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, it was for charity?... Had no idea if that's the case.. I thought he was showboating.. What charity asks people to backflip on TV after scoring a try in the NRL?

Try July returns in 2021 for Mose Masoe appeal

Every try celebration gets a 5k donation from one of the betting companies.

Try July returns in 2021 for Mose Masoe appeal​

Every try celebration gets a 5k donation from one of the betting companies.

Makes more sense for him to have celebrated. Horrid backflip though.

Martin is very erratic in Super league. He's kind of a poor mans TPJ who can kick goals. Switches off in defence way too much and they have already signed Bentley from St Helens to replace him, despite him wanting to stay in the UK.

If you had to, I'd offer them Riki because I think he is going to turn into a very, very good player and it would be a win for both parties, no need to throw Oates in too. We can get by without Riki and he'd turn into a gun at the Storm, it would be a win for both parties.

Now that we have a bit of $ free for 2022, I’d really like to see us push hard to try and get B.Smith. I know Melbourne have said that they would want an equivalent quality swap (and I’m not sure who that would be outside of Haas or Staggs) but I think we should be trying to get it done. Possibly a 2 for 1 player swap.
He would be massive for this squad and I’m sure Reynolds would love to have him at the club.
I’d offer the likes of Fleggler + Oates, 2 origin rep players :facepalmwastaken:
I'd make a play for him come November 1 and wait til 23 to get him here that way you use the money croft, Issako or mead is on and also the money we're probably still paying a player to play somewhere else next year and you don't loose say a riki. Gives Turpin and paix next year to prove who's worth keeping out if the 2

Is anyone else confused as to why badel is under the impression we don’t have money to go after tpj. We literally just got rid of pangai for his whole contract didn’t we? Where have those funds supposedly gone

Surely we wouldn’t be trying to get Gagai and Hammer. Especially after already getting brenko and renewing arthars.
Doubt it , would only make sense if we use one for fullback. Even then I think we need a Ponga type fullback if we go with Staggs at 6.
Otherwise I'd say Welch or Mo

Is anyone else confused as to why badel is under the impression we don’t have money to go after tpj. We literally just got rid of pangai for his whole contract didn’t we? Where have those funds supposedly gone
its just speculation mate... as if they would know... but apparently we paying 250k of TPJ next year

If you could flip Isaako and Oates into Gagai and Hammer (yes I know it won't happen), you'd take that in a heartbeat and would pretty happily say thanks but no thanks to Niu as well if you needed his money. We need to get ruthless.

its just speculation mate... as if they would know... but apparently we paying 250k of TPJ next year
Thought that got thrown out the window aswell, that's why we've chipped in for him to go to Penrith.

Thought that got thrown out the window aswell, that's why we've chipped in for him to go to Penrith.
I think we pay pangai til the end of the month then he's panthers problem and we save what pangai is getting from penrith so like 100-150k

I think we pay pangai til the end of the month then he's panthers problem and we save what pangai is getting from penrith so like 100-150k
Thought they only had $80k and nrl wanted them to pay $120k , no sure how it all worked out.

If you could flip Isaako and Oates into Gagai and Hammer (yes I know it won't happen), you'd take that in a heartbeat and would pretty happily say thanks but no thanks to Niu as well if you needed his money. We need to get ruthless.
We aren’t though so why throw away players for a player we can get with the money we have and for a player that isn’t coming to us.

Martin is very erratic in Super league. He's kind of a poor mans TPJ who can kick goals. Switches off in defence way too much and they have already signed Bentley from St Helens to replace him, despite him wanting to stay in the UK.
Well that’d mean he’d come quite cheap then. Maybe he’d regain some motivation being back in the NRL and his home state, helping to rebuild the mighty Broncos.

After playing for us for so long will pangai even know how to run lines for the panthers? He won’t know what Cleary and luai are doing

After playing for us for so long will pangai even know how to run lines for the panthers? He won’t know what Cleary and luai are doing
He will look amazing. Panthers are very lucky to be able to sign him short term at this point in the season. It will really boost their chances of winning the comp. Knowing Broncos luck, Pangai will be a premiership winning forward by the end of this year... Depends if Coates gets a release to Storm, maybe he’ll be the premiership winning winger we released.

Well that’d mean he’d come quite cheap then. Maybe he’d regain some motivation being back in the NRL and his home state, helping to rebuild the mighty Broncos.

Depends what you call cheap. I'd say at the moment, we would probably be looking at $250k plus to get him here and i dont think we will spend that kind of money when we have a few back rowers plus Frei may even get a shot as well. We need effort players and i dont think he fits the bill.

Broncos salary cap manager
computer suit GIF by South Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Jedhead
  • Organix
  • thenry
  • KateBroncos1812
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.