Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our back row MUST be Capewell and Piakura. Piakura is going to be a name.

Yeah I'm not even going to judge Niu too much on this years performances.. I mean.. Why did he start the year in the centres?.. That was just dumb if we didn't plan to persist with him there..

Niu needs a whole pre-season at fullback if we are going to play him there.

He doesn't look like he was conditioned this pre season for the fullback position. He looks like he was beefed up for the centre spot... I dare say he's lost some of his speed in the past year.
He's meant to be a centre.. played his younger years in that position.

But... I feel like he has what it takes to be a fullback. Needs to work on his one percenters in D.

He absolutely let in two of the tigers tries last weekend from

1. Not putting his body on the line to make a held up try scoring tackle

2. PLANT THE BALL IN GOAL ! STOP THINKING YOU NEED TO WAVE OR KICK IT DEAD FFS

But... I feel like he has what it takes to be a fullback. Needs to work on his one percenters in D.

I thought he would have grabbed the ball in goal, but then got a nasty bounce which by then he had over ran it and desperately threw out his leg.

I thought he would have grabbed the ball in goal, but then got a nasty bounce which by then he had over ran it and desperately threw out his leg.
Hm. Not from what I recall... I'll double check that, but he's shown some serious lack of urgency at the back.

I hope he doesn’t play finals. JFH will hopefully push him back out of the team when he returns.
I don’t think we should harbour any ill feelings towards him. Onwards and upwards I say. He’ll be a great NRL player for another club I think.. Just not a great fit for the Broncos right now. I am hoping he learns some good things at Panthers and has a successful career. I think Panthers would be silly to not at least use him as a weapon from the bench.

He played 1 as a junior im sure.

No... He definitely lazily plays at it with his foot. Very low percentage effort....
20210722 185347

I don’t harbour any ill-will as such, more so, JFH and the rest of the Panthers deserves the chocolates. Not TPJ if he plays in the GF.
yer this, just doesnt sit right for a lot, although i think storm will win the prem, if they do win and he plays he has a Premiership by being at a club for 7 weeks, something many players go a whole career without

When does Manu’s contract run out?
He’s who we should be to throwing money at to play fullback! Add a couple of no nonsense props and we have a team.

When does Manu’s contract run out?
He’s who we should be to throwing money at to play fullback! Add a couple of no nonsense props and we have a team.

end of next year ... he's reportedly on 720k a season at the Roosters

Yeah ok. Do you think we just need to do what we can at fullback until Cobbo’s ready?

I'm personally OK with Nui at fullback for the time being. I think he has the basic, but just needs some refinement and fitness. i'd like to see how he goes with a full preseason under his belt in the position then reassess early next season.

don't get me wrong i'd love Manu ... maybe we could entice him away with the prospect of a fulltime fullback role. we'd still have to offer 700k+ though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Astro
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Tmac
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Johnny92
  • Stix
  • FACTHUNT
  • levikaden
  • Foordy
  • Accept
  • cento
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.