Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Roosters just dropped Josh Morris to keep him in the side, no chance they'll be letting him go. Unlike other clubs (apart from the Storm), the Roosters almost never lose players they're desperate to keep.
Yes I assumed Roosters would want to keep him.. But we should inquire and possibly make them pay more to keep him. Is worth a shot IMO.

Badel claims 500k per season
500k is way too much, glad Broncos didn't sign him for this amount. Although... We could have just skipped the Brenko Lee signing and gone for Gagai. I think I remember reading Lee signed for 450k a season... Am I wrong? That's also a waste of money if that's true.. Hoping it was less and my memory is failing me

Purcell did his ACL two weeks ago and Gebbie hasn’t played since 2019.

Shut up abs take my money!
Haha lol

Unlucky for Purcell.

Still think they'd be great value buys seeing as they could even be signed on those development deal contracts or whatever it is.

Oh right, that makes more sense haha.

Maybe move him to the wing, but I don't see a better option than Herbie in our centre/wings. I think he'll be worth persisting with at left centre personally. Next year the left edge may look like

2. Oates
3. Farnworth
6. Gamble
11. Capewell

You'd expect those guys to sort something out defensively.
I'd give Herbie a try at fullback in his preferred position at some stage this year and see if that's worth persisting with.
Cobbo is also a centre option he could be alot like a latrell/GI weapon out there.

I'd give Herbie a try at fullback in his preferred position at some stage this year and see if that's worth persisting with.
Cobbo is also a centre option he could be alot like a latrell/GI weapon out there.
Yeah I'm not opposed to trying Herbie at fullback. Also not opposed to testing Paix at 6. We should just experiment this year, for next years benefit.

1. Herbie Farnworth
6. Cory Paix
7. Adam Reynolds

Those 3 could surprise people next year.. But doubt that spine will ever exist

I agree that Cobbo would look good at centre.

Yeah I'm not opposed to trying Herbie at fullback. Also not opposed to testing Paix at 6. We should just experiment this year, for next years benefit.

1. Herbie Farnworth
6. Cory Paix
7. Adam Reynolds

We won’t experiment, we’re pushing for finals.

1. Herbie Farnworth
6. Cory Paix
7. Adam Reynolds

Don't see Paix going into the halves otherwise he would of been used in the multiple combinations we used already this year.
6 will be Staggs, Gamble or Kelly you'd think with someone like ezra mam being a smokey.

500k is way too much, glad Broncos didn't sign him for this amount. Although... We could have just skipped the Brenko Lee signing and gone for Gagai. I think I remember reading Lee signed for 450k a season... Am I wrong? That's also a waste of money if that's true.. Hoping it was less and my memory is failing me
lol no way. if Lee is on 450k I’m going with TPJ to the Panthers.

If you want to tempt Manu here, probably need his current coach here as well...

Which we should absolutely be trying to do...

Im hearing Finucane is moving to the Cows.

Which means B Smith gets the 13 and Melbourne can now use both him and Grant in their spine.

Brandon really doesnt want to play 13. He's been pretty solid on that one.

If we signed Lee for $450k this club needs blowing up. Considering we could have got Tommy for under a 3rd of that $450k for Brenko would be astoundingly bad business.
It wouldn’t make sense to sign him for more than 300k.

Hopefully what I read was it was around 450k for the two years he signed. 225k.. hopefully..

It wouldn’t make sense to sign him for more than 300k.

Hopefully what I read was it was around 450k for the two years he signed. 225k.. hopefully..
I'd be amazed if we were paying more that $200k a year for him. He didnt have an offer at all from the Storm, they didnt want to keep him so its not like he was in a strong bargaining position.

I'd be amazed if we were paying more that $200k a year for him. He didnt have an offer at all from the Storm, they didnt want to keep him so its not like he was in a strong bargaining position.
Agreed. I think around 200k is probably what the deal is. Around 400k for 2 years of Brenko is good value. Personally I wouldn’t have signed him to start with, but I’m not mad that we have assuming the 200k a season is correct.

Agreed. I think around 200k is probably what the deal is. Around 400k for 2 years of Brenko is good value. Personally I wouldn’t have signed him to start with, but I’m not mad that we have assuming the 200k a season is correct.
Can someone confirm whether Niu has been re-signed? I can only find this

81DBEC39 59D8 42D9 8582 E68613AE0041

Will we lose Niu because we signed Brenko? Yet to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• barker
  • Johnny92
  • Brocko
  • heartly87
  • bb_gun
  • Battler
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.