Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
We fully remove Macca’s, Milf’s and Bird’s huge wages, we lose you would think half of Lodge and most of TPJ’s wage as well - that would equal at least 3 million +.

We’ve bought in and upgraded Capewell, Reynolds, Staggs on big money + the other extensions who may all go up 1-200k. I would think absolute worse case scenario, there’s still $500k left over.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Interesting.. So the Pereira signing is done? I guess we won’t need Fergo like some people have been suggesting.

4. Staggs
5. Pereira

Woweee imagine all the tackle busts 💪

It’s why that article is sus, Pereira hasn’t been confirmed anywhere and it is a long time since it supposedly happened.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
It’s why that article is sus, Pereira hasn’t been confirmed anywhere and it is a long time since it supposedly happened.
Yeah.. hmm..

Maybe it’s basically a done deal and the only thing left is to officially announce it. Not sure why there would be such a lag between agreeing to a deal and making it official. I wouldn’t say Pereira being signed is out of the realm of possibilities at all.. If it’s not him it will be someone similar anyway haha

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
The amount of backlash I got on here when I was mentioning Brisbane not being an appealing city for Hynes was hilarious.
It's hard to convince a fan who has sat in the same spot their whole lives that their town or city isn't very appealing. Brisbane is a great place but there are far better destinations throughout the league especially considering the shit state of the modern day Bronco organization. I love Brisbane and plan on moving back one day but if I was a Sydney sider looking for a place to play footy and had numerous offers, Brisbane would probably be my least desired option.

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
We fully remove Macca’s, Milf’s and Bird’s huge wages, we lose you would think half of Lodge and most of TPJ’s wage as well - that would equal at least 3 million +.

We’ve bought in and upgraded Capewell, Reynolds, Staggs on big money + the other extensions who may all go up 1-200k. I would think absolute worse case scenario, there’s still $500k left over.

Because the leaks from within the club have ceased (or reduced), 'journalists' have crap all to go on and are just making shit up to generate clicks and/or drive an agenda.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
It's hard to convince a fan who has sat in the same spot their whole lives that their town or city isn't very appealing. Brisbane is a great place but there are far better destinations throughout the league especially considering the shit state of the modern day Bronco organization. I love Brisbane and plan on moving back one day but if I was a Sydney sider looking for a place to play footy and had numerous offers, Brisbane would probably be my least desired option.
I do love when a Broncos player feels like he’s at home when he’s at the club.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015

I get a sneaky suspicion that this was a club "leak" so play eer managers don't get any ideas about big deals.

I have a big, big gut feeling we either have 1 huge signing or multiple decent signing left in us. As well as possibly another release or even 2.

Donaghy and ikin appear to play to their own beat.....

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
I get a sneaky suspicion that this was a club "leak" so play eer managers don't get any ideas about big deals.

I have a big, big gut feeling we either have 1 huge signing or multiple decent signing left in us. As well as possibly another release or even 2.

Donaghy and ikin appear to play to their own beat.....
But who’s even available? Do you mean we sign them for 2022? Seems like we have to wait for 2023 to sign someone decent.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
But who’s even available? Do you mean we sign them for 2022? Seems like we have to wait for 2023 to sign someone decent.
If the last month has shown us anything, it is that contracts are always negotiable....

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018

Depends how how they've staggered the payments. Source on this is David Riccio. I doubt he's privy to thorough audit. He's probably done it on the back of a beer coaster with numbers pulled from the newspaper.

I'd be astonished if they don't have more than $300K.

Riccio & Badel appear to be the only source of the Pereira signing. There was also a rumour he'd fallen out with Hook and might finish the season at Newcastle, but that hasn't transpired. I'm tending towards it being in the process of happening, but it's an asterisk until the club announces it. Whatever the case, they're not overly enthused by it. Maybe he's going to a feeder club first.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
If true (which there would be some doubt) that won't get us a top quality player.
We shouldn't chase anyone for the sake of spending it just keep our powder dry in case an opportunity comes up.
If it doesn't that's fine. In any case something usually develops during the off season and there might be another chance then.
Well Ikin did say he's done recruiting for now, if you can believe that. My guess is they have haven't finished pumping bilge yet. Croft is surplus to needs, and Isaako possibly, too.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Well Ikin did say he's done recruiting for now, if you can believe that. My guess is they have haven't finished pumping bilge yet. Croft is surplus to needs, and Isaako possibly, too.

Ikon did put a caveat to that saying we still have some money there if something comes up.

If we can remove Isaako, Croft and downgrade/lose Oates for 23, that means we’d have enough to go for a marquee x2 you’d think with ridding ourselves fully of Pangai and mostly Lodge too.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
There’s close to 1.5m potentially leaving the end of next season too so we should be able to be extremely competitive come November.

Oates $500k
Croft $450k
Isaako $450k
Turpin $300k

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
I read an article today saying Ikin has said to nrl.com his next targets are lui and James. I really don't think we're quite done yet with the signings.
If we can offload milf in the next week and someone else pay the remainder of his contract thatd be nice.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I read an article today saying Ikin has said to nrl.com his next targets are lui and James. I really don't think we're quite done yet with the signings.
If we can offload milf in the next week and someone else pay the remainder of his contract thatd be nice.

the remainder of Milf's contract is about 7 games ... we wouldn't get someone to come in before next season anyway

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Speaking of milf I’m thinking that rumour about him having a club might be complete bs. Maybe a last ditch effort from his management to draw interest.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Speaking of milf I’m thinking that rumour about him having a club might be complete bs. Maybe a last ditch effort from his management to draw interest.

He has interest from Bennett ... unfortunately for Milf, Bennett doesn't have a club himself

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Totally agree. Centre is our best covered position - I don’t know why we were in for him at all IMO
Ma
The amount of backlash I got on here when I was mentioning Brisbane not being an appealing city for Hynes was hilarious.
That's because it wasn't about the city, it was about his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Browny
  • Behind enemy lines
  • BroncosAlways
  • teampjta
  • Justwin
  • Dash
  • broncs30
  • Astro
  • thenry
  • peter09
  • winslow_wong
  • Gympie devil
  • johnny plath
  • Allo
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.