Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
And when they’re having their customary howlers, it’d be like having 2 x Tame Tupou.

When it comes to Fergo, the good far outweighs the bad. He has a howler or two in him, not anywhere near as much these days, but he'll keep plugging away. When he's on, he's one of the most damaging wingers in the comp. We'll be treated to efforts like the one he put in against the Raiders on Thursday night.

Can someone confirm whether Niu has been re-signed? I can only find this

View attachment 14261

Will we lose Niu because we signed Brenko? Yet to be seen.
The time stamp on the article is July 2020 for a 12 month extension which is this year... so he's still off contract for 2022.

I'd say Broncos would be looking to re-sign him for another 12 month extension, although Tesi would probably like a 2-3yr deal... might come down to how he finishes off the year at fullback.

Don't kid yourselves boys (and girls), we didn't miss out on Gagai because we couldn't afford him or he was asking for too much, we didn't land him because he didn't want to come here. Same story as Hynes. That's the perception from players on the market that we are going to have to put up with for the foreseeable future. In most players eyes, we're just a hopeless basket case no different to the Bulldogs. It's pathetic, it's sad, but that's the reality.

This is damage that is going to take years to repair.

Don't kid yourselves boys (and girls), we didn't miss out on Gagai because we couldn't afford him or he was asking for too much, we didn't land him because he didn't want to come here. Same story as Hynes. That's the perception from players on the market that we are going to have to put up with for the foreseeable future. In most players eyes, we're just a hopeless basket case no different to the Bulldogs. It's pathetic, it's sad, but that's the reality.

what a load of shit

That's strange.... bcos in the anonymous survey question of NRL players "if you didn't play for your current club where should you like to play?" we finished 3rd behind storm and roosters. That was before the obvious clean out and positive moves we made. We are shit on the field but make no mistake, we still have the best facilities, play at suncorp every week, and have twice the supporter base of any club. The reason we lose so many players is bcos they get 10x the amount of media attention and fan far they would at any other club. That's what's so fucked about the salary cap, players prices are popularity and media driven through recencty bias. If the players we've lost were as good as they say the dragons would be in the Panthers position and the titans and warriors wouldn't be far behind them with their immortals.

I'm happy the club didn't get into a bidding war for gagai. I think we need an experienced outside back who makes good metres out of our end but I don't want to be saying in 2 years "I can't wait till they retire" given the length of the contract and price they'd want. I think gagai is a great player but he also seems better at the moment bcos the options are shit in that position (same with hynes). Getting into bidding wars to buy the best of what is available, not the best option all together, is something that the past administration would do and why we find ourselves where we do. Moneyball is the future guys. I've been on the Ferguson train for a while. He has some howlers but his talk in defence is immense from what I've seen live. And imagine oates, staggs, Ferguson and Farnsworth getting metres out of our end. The opposition would want a rest... then Haas would start running at them...

Yeah cost us Reynolds and Capewell too…

Cronulla ticked more boxes for Hynes than Brisbane. Once I found out he's more than just a casual surfer I knew we'd lost him. Titans, Newcastle, Cronulla, Souths, Easts, Manly, St George have surf. We don't. Plus the family stuff. That's before you even get to coach and facilities.

But I agree: the days of us paying unders because we have Wayne Bennett, half the QLD Origin team, test captain and a certain spot in the top four are long gone.

CM just now:

BRONCOS

"Signed Kurt Capewell, Adam Reynolds, Corey Jensen, Brenko Lee, Billy Walters and Jordan Pereira for 2022 and beyond. The final piece of their 2022 puzzle was supposed to be Dane Gagai. That fell flat on Friday when Gagai signed with the Knights. The Broncos have around $300,000 left for one final purchase before next season."

CM just now:

BRONCOS

"Signed Kurt Capewell, Adam Reynolds, Corey Jensen, Brenko Lee, Billy Walters and Jordan Pereira for 2022 and beyond. The final piece of their 2022 puzzle was supposed to be Dane Gagai. That fell flat on Friday when Gagai signed with the Knights. The Broncos have around $300,000 left for one final purchase before next season."

That’s a pure guess.

Surely Kevvie gets Billy Walters in for TPJs spot. Can’t see us getting any other player in early, unless they promote a development player.

That’s a pure guess.

that's best case scenario ... worst case it was fabrication.

the other day we had around 400k to spend according to the CM and we've signed no-one since.

p.s. even if they're right ... they say for a purchase. which implies we should still have some case to re-sign some players if we need

CM just now:

BRONCOS

If true (which there would be some doubt) that won't get us a top quality player.
We shouldn't chase anyone for the sake of spending it just keep our powder dry in case an opportunity comes up.
If it doesn't that's fine. In any case something usually develops during the off season and there might be another chance then.

Cronulla ticked more boxes for Hynes than Brisbane. Once I found out he's more than just a casual surfer I knew we'd lost him. Titans, Newcastle, Cronulla, Souths, Easts, Manly, St George have surf. We don't. Plus the family stuff. That's before you even get to coach and facilities.

But I agree: the days of us paying unders because we have Wayne Bennett, half the QLD Origin team, test captain and a certain spot in the top four are long gone.
The amount of backlash I got on here when I was mentioning Brisbane not being an appealing city for Hynes was hilarious.

Interesting.. So the Pereira signing is done? I guess we won’t need Fergo like some people have been suggesting.

4. Staggs
5. Pereira

Woweee imagine all the tackle busts 💪

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Dash
  • broncoscope
  • RolledOates
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.