Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
What did he say exactly? Can’t find it anywhere

More or less that he is very unlikely to be a Bronco in 2022. He's off contract this year and it's likely he will be elsewhere. I can't recall if he mentioned which club is looking at him.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
That’s disappointing if we don’t have a replacement. He’s been decent to be honest.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Cobbo….he’s more in the mould of turbo.

I wouldn’t be breaking what they think tesi is worth.

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
surely he wouldn’t go to Manly. Probably more likely the drsgons

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
You would have to assume we have a fullback lined up or Dobbo is just full of shit.
I think Cobbo was always planned to be fb next year, Niu was a bandaid solution, he might still be playing qcup if not for Coates going down in warm up against the raiders.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Niu would be stupid to leave, unless there are injuries, he isn't getting to get a better shot elsewhere than at the Broncos BUT we shouldn't be spending anything more than 200k on the kid, even then, I don't know I'd go that high.

If he goes, it isn't any real loss. If he stays, he isn't going to break the bank account so either way, I don't really care to be honest.

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
The only part that disappoints me if he goes is that we signed pereira instead..
He'll be signed up by someone to play centre

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
The only part that disappoints me if he goes is that we signed pereira instead..
If he signed to play centre for another side that side deserves the 50 plus scorelines they will regularly get....

DanG

DanG

NRL Player
May 10, 2019
just another thing for the media to spin, broncos cant keep young talent

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

Pereira isn't comparable to Niu ...

Pereira is a depth winger ... while Niu plays fullback and center. quite possibly depth for both of those. putting Niu on the wing would be a disaster

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Niu is no loss. Overhyped way beyond his ability by way too many people. He's exactly the example of why we need to see what these players can do in ISC before we go offering stupid contracts to keep them. They look good against players their same age, when they step up, it seems we have had quite a few that are found wanting.

I'd have personally offered him a 2 year deal at $200k a year. Got a little potential, but not worth breaking the bank over.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
Titans story in 3, 2, 1..
Also, if we were apparently chasing Gagai hard and obviously missed out, how wouldn’t we have 200k to chuck at Tesi? I’d like for him to stay but in the centres.
I’d be trying to offload Isaako to the tigers asap, he adds zero value to this squad.
We still have no real idea if Cobbo is going to be the answer at 1 either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • TimWhatley
  • Painin the Haas
  • Sproj
  • Swordfish
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Culhwch
  • Lostboy
  • Mick_Hancock
  • RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  • Galah
  • Maroon4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.