Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
If our squad was Melbourne, South’s or Parra sure but we don’t need anymore inexperienced project players in the forwards
I think Cobbo was always planned to be fb next year, Niu was a bandaid solution, he might still be playing qcup if not for Coates going down in warm up against the raiders.
I think Cobbo is definitely seen as the future fullback but I don’t think he’ll be ready for next season. If Niu does go I would say we will have Isaako back there while Cobbo works his way into the side. He’s too green now and will be until probably the end of next season.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Niu is no loss. Overhyped way beyond his ability by way too many people. He's exactly the example of why we need to see what these players can do in ISC before we go offering stupid contracts to keep them. They look good against players their same age, when they step up, it seems we have had quite a few that are found wanting.

I'd have personally offered him a 2 year deal at $200k a year. Got a little potential, but not worth breaking the bank over.
My biggest issue is that it means Isaako is one less degree of separation from fullback.

Aldo

Aldo

What, me worry?
Contributor
Jul 7, 2013
Not worried in the slightest. Has some talent but is not a fullback at all.

Scorchie

Scorchie

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 16, 2008
Was always going to be two years. Why would Xavier not have signed a 3-4 year deal otherwise

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

That tweet has added a few years ... the 5 actually comes from Rothfield.

the article says he has signed with 2 years and could remain at the club beyond that

Phil Rothfield told NRL360 on Fox League that Bellamy had the scope to stay at the club for at least five years, with the potential to move upstairs at the Storm.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
You can probably put a cross through Brendon Smith along with that.

Since Finucane left, the media have been saying the Storm have turned their attention to convincing Smith to stay in Melbourne

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
You can probably put a cross through Brendon Smith along with that.
He wants to play hooker and will be paid accordingly.

Can't see the storm being able to keep Harry and BSmith both on big money.

Can't see storm paying BSmith more than $500k to play lock... and can't see BSmith turning down $650k+ and a spot at hooker

They're both top 5 hookers in the game... storm cannot hold them both down without some serious questions being asked about the state of their cap

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
He wants to play hooker and will be paid accordingly.

Can't see the storm being able to keep Harry and BSmith both on big money.

Can't see storm paying BSmith more than $500k to play lock... and can't see BSmith turning down $650k+ and a spot at hooker

They're both top 5 hookers in the game... storm cannot hold them both down without some serious questions being asked about the state of their cap
With Papi, Munster, Hughes, the Bromich boys, Grant, Kafusi, Welch there is no way they would be able to offer Smith what we could throw at him in his preferred position.

Hoof Hearted

Hoof Hearted

QCup Player
Oct 23, 2016
Dobbo will have got this from Walters. The question to ask is why Walters wants this to be a story.
I think 🤔 Kevvie wants Fool-au For Fullback.......sorry blame it on my excitement on Australia reaching the third round of the table tennis for the first time in the Olympics.....

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I think 🤔 Kevvie wants Fool-au For Fullback.......sorry blame it on my excitement on Australia reaching the third round of the table tennis for the first time in the Olympics.....

They did? Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• jarro65
  • phoenix
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • Culhwch
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Lostboy
  • Mr Fourex
  • Big Del
  • Dexter
  • barker
  • Johnny92
  • Bronx48
  • Galah
  • maddo
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.