Status
Not open for further replies.
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018

Spot on Steve.

Not really. All the clubs have limited funds. If another club can sign Niu under their cap, it means they don't have the money to spend on another player. We were able to outspend Penrith to get Capewell, for example.

Our ongoing issue is locking in spuds on too much cabbage with added player options, and then having to subsidize them playing for other clubs. Payne on ten years rings alarm bells. Reynolds could be another Bird - albeit cheaper and more proven - but that one had to be done.

Another issue is signing up discards we don't need like Copley, Kennar, Levi, Lee, Walters and Pereira.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
It feels a bit like the Dearden thing to me, I don’t think they rate him as a long term solution. Any offer would have to reflect that.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I think Cobbo is the most over-rated player on BHQ. If he didn't look like Latrell, there would be far less kind words said about him. He is a long way off being a first grade player.

That's silly, he's not overrated most if not all have only seen him play 2 and a bit games on the wing.

He showed enough in his four games at fullback in the ISC and the centres in MM to be developing him.

People forget how little football these guys have played since 2019.

Cobbo played seven MM games for the Falcons in 2019, nothing in 2020 and then this year has played three NRL games and six ISC games.

16 games since the start of 2019- it's a miracle he got to NRL this season.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I think he's another who just needs to be left to develop in ISC at fullback. Hard to judge a lot of these players with the way we develop them.
Yeah because if you develop them they leave. If you don’t develop them, they leave.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Whats everyone opinion of potential playing herbi at fullback, with a good pre season for next year.
I don't mind it. If we make the decision to start the year with him there we can't be shuffling him back to wing or centre after a couple of games.. We need to persist.

Reactions: 007
winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Whats everyone opinion of potential playing herbi at fullback, with a good pre season for next year.
If he can work on nothing but the sweep play with who ever is 5/8th, then ok give him a go in the trials. If not it’s wing or nothing.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
If he can work on nothing but the sweep play with who ever is 5/8th, then ok give him a go in the trials. If not it’s wing or nothing.
I would have loved to sign Widdop. Get a pommy combo going. If we signed Hodgson too, that'd be the cherry on top. Highly experienced and highly credentialed spine with a nice punt on Herbie at fullback.

1. Herbie Farnworth
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Adam Reynolds
9. Josh Hodgson

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I would have loved to sign Widdop. Get a pommy combo going. If we signed Hodgson too, that'd be the cherry on top. Highly experienced and highly credentialed spine with a nice punt on Herbie at fullback.

1. Herbie Farnworth
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Adam Reynolds
9. Josh Hodgson
What is Widdop doing now, staying in the UK?

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
What is Widdop doing now, staying in the UK?
No idea, I haven't heard what he's doing.

Last time I heard he was looking to come back to the NRL but couldn't find a club.

Maybe he has re-signed with an english club since I heard that, not sure..

Would love to be able to make a swap deal with an english club for a contracted player.

Say we give them Brodie Croft so that they release Widdop or something.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I'm hesitant given he doesn't' seem to pass. He does have elite level fitness though and in the 5-10 minutes he played there, his support play looked really good. I still think he would be the best fullback at the club and Brenko can take his position in the centres.

I'd like to see it happen this year though, we're out of the finals race we should play around with combinations.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I'm hesitant given he doesn't' seem to pass. He does have elite level fitness though and in the 5-10 minutes he played there, his support play looked really good. I still think he would be the best fullback at the club and Brenko can take his position in the centres.

I'd like to see it happen this year though, we're out of the finals race we should play around with combinations.
I also think Arthurs has been good enough this year to get another run in the centres if the club see Farnworth as a potential fullback option.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
After having Milford at 6 for so long, a busted Widdop would probably still be a major improvement.

Not sure he would. He would probably be no better than Gamble or Kelly these days.

N

Nightwatchman

NYC Player
Aug 16, 2016
Milford to the Titans deal has been completed. Will replace Taylor at 5/8 (who nobody wants and he will probably have to head to Super League). Rabbits offered more cash to Milf but playing close to home was the deciding factor rather than transporting his family/parents down there and paying Sydney rent prices.

If this is true then good luck to Anthony Milford. In some ways the Souths situation would have been better where he could go to a winning team and there wouldn't be as much pressure. Milford could get his confidence back and just blend into the system. However, there would be times at Souths where he would struggle to make the run on side unless there was injury. A halves pairing of him and Cody Walker wouldn't work as their too similar players. Milford coming off the bench as a utility would be probably a role he would assume.

In that sense the Titans are a better fit. But Milford isn't the type of player to lift the Titans out of a hole judging on his performances the past couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • leon.bott
  • Justwin
  • Mr Fourex
  • Lostboy
  • Jazza
  • Rowdy124
  • Browny
  • mystico
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Allo
  • TimWhatley
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mighty Bronx
  • pennywisealfie
  • Morkel
  • Aldo
  • KickHaas
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.