Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Yeah.. That logic doesn't make sense.

A halves combination of Reynolds and Widdop is much stronger than a halves combination of Reynolds and "OMG WHO TF is our 6 this year?!???"
Yeah, I don’t mean to drop the BHQ meme line here but have you been watching Widdop at all lately? No good.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
As is a halves pairing of Reynolds and Isaako but if you've been paying attention, Widdop isn't adding the same things to teams that he used to and is a shadow of his former self. The Widdop from the highlight videos you watched years ago is not the same Widdop no team wants to sign in the UK right now.
Okay, but I think you're probably being a bit dramatic

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Yeah, I don’t mean to drop the BHQ meme line here but have you been watching Widdop at all lately? No good.
He must be pretty horrible these days then.. Doesn't this just mean we could sign him pretty cheap though? Players can always regain form.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
He must be pretty horrible these days then.. Doesn't this just mean we could sign him pretty cheap though? Players can always regain form.
I think he’s busted mate. Body has gone on him.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
He's actually playing fine in the Super League, which any reserve grader from the NRL would do. He's staying in Warrington because he's not getting paid by a club in the NRL because they've seen what he has to offer and it's not up to standard and they don't trust his body

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I'd still be offering Milford a $400K 1-2 year contract to play 5/8, i'd be very interested to see what he can still do with a decent half back beside him.

Come on Milf's manager, no one wants him, not above base wage anyway, just let it go.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Nope, Milfords shit attitude doesn't improve because somebody else is doing all of the work he was paid to do himself. Staggs is now a better runner than Milford if that's all we are re-signing him for.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Nope, Milfords shit attitude doesn't improve because somebody else is doing all of the work he was paid to do himself. Staggs is now a better runner than Milford if that's all we are re-signing him for.
But who will kick the midfield bombs from 45 out that the opposition Fullback catches in his back pocket?

J

Johnny92

NRL Player
Jul 3, 2021
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
You could use the same argument for why we shouldn't buy Ryan James. He offers no more than Patty Carrigan.

Cooper Cronk won the Roosters a grand final by just being out there on the field. I think Widdop would actually add a lot more than Gamble can. Experience, composure, confidence and leadership are a few big things Widdop would bring.

Maybe you need to watch a bit more super league. He's pretty busted. Theres a good reason why they signed Williams and were willing to let both him and Austin leave. Comparing him to Cronk just isnt the same. Cronk was still a top tier half and a really smart operator even injured, Widdop is nowhere near Cronk as a player or as influential. I wouldnt take a single half playing in superleague right now, none of them are really good enough to play NRL.

James is another i wouldnt go anywhere near. Hasnt really played much footy in recent years and cant crack it down in Canberra.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I wouldn't put a great deal of stock into him being a Man U junior. Literally thousands of players are juniors every year and don't make it. Just simply indicates he has some degree of athleticism, but so do most of the players that make it to NRL level.

Exactly. Clubs like United would literally 10k plus players, if not more in their junior systems both in England and around the world. Makes me laugh when they go on about Herbie being in their system. Its so common for big clubs in England to be looking at thousands and thousands of kids.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Maybe you need to watch a bit more super league. He's pretty busted. Theres a good reason why they signed Williams and were willing to let both him and Austin leave. Comparing him to Cronk just isnt the same. Cronk was still a top tier half and a really smart operator even injured, Widdop is nowhere near Cronk as a player or as influential. I wouldnt take a single half playing in superleague right now, none of them are really good enough to play NRL.

James is another i wouldnt go anywhere near. Hasnt really played much footy in recent years and cant crack it down in Canberra.
Imagine saying a few years ago that we should sign Albert Kelly instead of Gareth Widdop 🤣

I'm not saying that's what you're saying we should do.. But it is basically what will happen.

Glad we're on the same page with James.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Imagine saying a few years ago that we should sign Albert Kelly instead of Gareth Widdop 🤣

I'm not saying that's what you're saying we should do.. But it is basically what will happen.

Glad we're on the same page with James.

if the choice comes down to a fit 30 year old vs a busted 32 year old ... i'd take the fit player every time, regardless of how good the busted player used to be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Clintos
  • Wolfie
  • Galco
  • Shane Tronc
  • thenry
  • Aldo
  • Big Del
  • Manofoneway
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncos4life
  • Redux
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.