Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
He has hit the level of Boyd mate, the body retired years ago and he just isn't being honest with himself. We cant be enablers for this type of crap any longer.
Alrighty, I'll believe ya.

How's Blake Austin going?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
We saw him get dropped from centre is what we saw.

I doubt the club is keeping him.

I'd at least be excited for this backline in 2022. Would be good to watch.

1. Selwyn Cobbo
2. Corey Oates
3. Herbie Farnworth
4. Brenko Lee
5. Jordan Pereira
6. Kotoni Staggs
7. Adam Reynolds

a rookie got dropped to work on some things in the lower grade ... we didn't put a line through his name

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
a rookie got dropped to work on some things in the lower grade ... we didn't put a line through his name
Broncos love a good scapegoat. We should have never dropped him from that right centre position.

I was annoyed when he got dropped.. I thought it was unwarranted.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Broncos love a good scapegoat. We should have never dropped him from that right centre position.

absolutely we should have. he had some stuff to work on in the lower grades.

as the Storm show, sometimes it is better to give rookies a taste then send them back to the ISC to work on certain aspects of their games before getting another crack.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
absolutely we should have. he had some stuff to work on in the lower grades.

as the Storm show, sometimes it is better to give rookies a taste then send them back to the ISC to work on certain aspects of their games before getting another crack.
Yeah.. that'd make sense if we had someone worthwhile playing instead of Niu.. But we don't.. And if we were going to make finals this year.. But we're not..

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
I'm hesitant given he doesn't' seem to pass. He does have elite level fitness though and in the 5-10 minutes he played there, his support play looked really good. I still think he would be the best fullback at the club and Brenko can take his position in the centres.

I'd like to see it happen this year though, we're out of the finals race we should play around with combinations.
Uh oh. Isaako at 6 argument imminent (if it hasn’t already happened).

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Yeah.. that'd make sense if we had someone worthwhile playing instead of Niu.. But we don't.. And if we were going to make finals this year.. But we're not..

so what you would have preferred the club do is set back Niu's development because we didn't have anyone significantly better.

we had a couple of players capable of filling a role for us in the centers

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Just getting this from nrlsupercoachstats.com ... Niu's base stats and evasion was really good. I was enjoying him at centre.

Niu's first 5 rounds 2021

Joseph Manu's first 5 rounds 2021

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
so what you would have preferred the club do is set back Niu's development because we didn't have anyone significantly better.

we had a couple of players capable of filling a role for us in the centers
No, that's your own assessment of what would have transpired. He could have easily kept developing in the NRL.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
Alrighty, I'll believe ya.

How's Blake Austin going?
Personally I have only watched a few superleague games this year and have been underwhelmed by the experience. I don't see anyone outside of the forwards that could fit a spot in the NRL. Its gone backwards I think over there. I wouldn't bring older campaigners back especially playmakers, the current speed of the NRL is something else.
Kelly is probably a little different as he left the NRL as a young man so hasn't really had the knocks to his body playing there. If we keep him I don't see a need for another.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
No, that's your own assessment of what would have transpired. He could have easily kept developing in the NRL.

have it your way ... lets try to develop all our young players in the NRL ignoring the ISC and what works for the successful teams ... what could go wrong? ... oh wait, we tried that

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
have it your way ... lets try to develop all our young players in the NRL ignoring the ISC and what works for the successful teams ... what could go wrong? ... oh wait, we tried that
Hmm? It's not my way.. This year was always a complete write off.. Anyone who thought we were a chance at winning the comp should have never tortured themselves like that.

My point is that you keep Niu at right centre all of this year and by 2022 he'll be a lot better off for it. Instead it's just been confusing for everyone.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Exactly. Clubs like United would literally 10k plus players, if not more in their junior systems both in England and around the world. Makes me laugh when they go on about Herbie being in their system. Its so common for big clubs in England to be looking at thousands and thousands of kids.
I don’t know much (or anything really) about soccer, but being in the best 10,000 kids (as you’ve indicated, I honestly don’t know) worldwide must mean you’re better than at least a million others?

Sure, he may not have been then next Messi, but I don’t think we should completely discredit the skills he would have demonstrated to make their development squad.

I mean, at least we know he doesn’t have two left feet like Maranta.

R

Robboi_321

BRL Player
Nov 30, 2019
I think Cobbo is the most over-rated player on BHQ. If he didn't look like Latrell, there would be far less kind words said about him. He is a long way off being a first grade player.
You’re kidding 😂
Herbie is the most overrated on here and daylight second.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Xzei
  • ChewThePhatt
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.